7,372 results
All reviewsworld cafeplunge poolpreferred clubseaside grillel patioswim up barkids clubfrench restaurantexplorers clubcoco cafeoceana restaurantocean viewpaellawedding coordinatorfamily vacationdestination weddingmaster suite
Reviewed October 1, 2011

We had a hard time narrowing down our choice of resorts in Mexico, and settled on Dreams Riviera Cancun. We could not be HAPPIER with our choice! The Resort was beautiful, food was good, rooms were very unique, and very nice, pools were also clean and very nice, plenty of deck chairs, grounds were beautiful and immaculate!!!! The staff was also great! Very friendly, and accomodating! One person in particular REALLY made our trip, his name is Alberto, he is part of the wonderful event/activity staff. He was so nice, and so funny. Well miss you Alberto!!! xoxo kate and joe(big man)

We will absolutely go there again. There was not one thing we did not like about this resort, it was perfect!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Kate L
Reviewed September 30, 2011

Just returned from a girls vacation traveling with 5 other women to DRC. When we checked in I had put in a request for us to be in the same building however that did not really happen. We were in rooms with just 1 bed however they did try very hard to accomodate us. The end result was just fine. I was very happy with my location and did love the fifth floor. Not another issue for the rest of the time. The rooms were fine the airconditioning and fan worked very well. The beds were super comfortable.The entire property was very clean and the rooms were cleaned promptly each day and turn down each evening. When ever I called for anything they came in super fast time. Best customer service ever!! Room service was super fast as well! The pools were very nice clean and warm. The ocean did have sea grass some days more than others. We were able to get a hut every time. I did get stung by a jellyfish and the lifeguard tended to me right away. The restraunts were all good. Some better than others but the service was good and the wait time was never longer than 15 minutes.The French was our favorite. The drink service was Terrific!! Not a problem running out of anything. You did have to specifically ask for top shelf liquor. I have stayed at many all inclusive resorts but this one so far was my favorite. I usually am not in a hurry to return but I definitely want to return here. I only hope the second time would be as great because I really enjoyed this property. The Coffee shop was a welcomed addition. We enjoyed that each day as well as the outside jacuzzi's.I was lucky to get free internet access because I brought my I Prefer membership number. Plenty of chairs and plenty of clean beach towels. No cards no wrist bands! Entertain team was good. They offered activities but were not pushy. No problem with the sales people from the inclusive club just said no thanks. The SPA was nice and the staff were very nice. The gym looked fine but I did not use it. The service at the beach and pool side was excellent. Loved getting served food at my beach lounger along with a cold drink. I would recommend this resort to anyone. We saw some beautiful weddings on the resort. Some were done very nicely. I feel all the staff go above and beyond. I hope to return someday soon!!

Room Tip: Top floor because less noise
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
7  Thank townies87
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Bring lots of singles - the help will be expecting tips for just about everything.
Did not feel all that safe at this location. Next time we'll try the Dominican Republic. But the Dreams chain does seem well run and very organized.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Okposo
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We booked the Preferred Club Premium Room with plunge pool Ocean View for a week.

I was skeptical of the meal quality at an "all inclusive" but this place quickly puts worry to rest. We ate at every restaurant on the property more than once and never had a meal. I LOVED the French restaurant Bordeaux... and ask for the pan con queso with your meal! There is a dress code here, but it's always fun to dress up for a nice dinner.

The staff was amazing, helpful and always respond with a smile... "My Pleasure" is the staff moto and it shows. Room service was great too!

The only downside here is at the pool...too many crabby guest leave their stuff scattered all over the lounge chairs all day long "claiming their territory." That was irritating...but we had a plunge pool out our back door and ended up enjoying our room even more for that!

My favorite part of the entire resort is the BARracuda swing set bar on the beach. Fabulous place to hang out and have a fruity cocktail.

Be kind and TIP THE STAFF even though it's all inclusive. They work hard and deserve the gratuities. We tipped every person, even just a little, and they took notice... by the end of the trip most of the bar staff had our drinks memorized and ready as soon as we walked up.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Selinajoy1
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We stayed with my family in for the new years eve in 2011, it was the first time in a Dreams resort but since we have our daughter we experience that all inclusives are recommended for families. The hotel it's wonderful, it has a very nice architecture and design, the staff was very nice, the rooms are very clean and well equipped (minibar,bathroom) the shows were excellent, pools very clean, restaurants high quality food, the beach is wide and clean sand, the kids club it's very entertaining and the staff it's very nice (the parents can spend a little time off without trouble with the beeper) it's a hotel for everyone who wants to have relax, good food, entertaiment, and a great vacation!!!

Room Tip: The rooms near the pools and beach.
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family