Amar Inn B&B
$552
$232
$204
Official Site
Now Jade Riviera Cancun(Puerto Morelos)
$263
$178
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort(Puerto Morelos)
$317
$615
$455
$541
Cancelon
All reviewspalapa rooftown squareshort walksmall balconymexican breakfastincluded breakfast isocean roomwonderful hostsbreakfast each morninglocation was perfectbeach toyswi fihome away from homestayed longersea viewrooms are spaciousbars and restaurants
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed at Amar Inn for 12 days and loved it. The owners and staff were always friendly and helpful. They were willing to indulge my Spanish, but also spoke excellent English. The breakfasts (and I usually don't like breakfast) were fantastic -- juice, fresh fruit, bread, coffee/tea and a hot Mexican dish served until 10. The inn is so close to the beach that I could slip on out for a quick dip and walk before breakfast, saunter on over for a massage at Violetta's on the beach before the sun set, and sneak a peak at the amazing night sky before turning in. I also walked to town (a few blocks away) along the beach during the day and at night in perfect safety. My bungalow was beautiful and evenhad a patio where I could work on my computer. All the guests I met loved the place too. As for reservations, I called the travel agency number a couple of times and finally connected with a live person. I believe there's also a way to reserve on line.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Belinda B
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Clean room, super nice staff, delicious breakfast included in the price. The hotel is right next to the beach, so why not go for an early morning jogging! Also very close to restaurants.

There is also a parking for your rental car!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Warester
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Flew into Cancun, was gonna stay the night in downtown. Got there and we said no way jose, and moved on. Looked up towns in the area in our travel book and came across this town and this awesome B&B. we stayed in the room that looks out over the ocean. You could literally jump out of the window onto the sand. We left and did some other stuff and came back to this hotel a few days later and stayed in one of the ground floor bungalows. Also a great room. The owner was very nice and helped us book a snorkel trip on the national park reef just off shore. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank UglySwan11
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Does anyone know how to book a reservation at the Amar Inn. I have tried calling them from Canada (at least using the Facebook page) only to get no ring ... just a buzz and a dial tone. Then I have contacted the travel agency in Puerto Morales with several emails and a phone call which went into voice mail. There has been no reply over the past two days and this is mid-week. Did anyone else have a difficult time trying to make a booking. The Inn itself looks nice and the reviews are very positive. Any phone number or other contact would be appreciated. Gave it four stars because I had to fill in that section of this review, even though I have not yet been there, but I didn't want the ratings to go down from where they normally stand.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank RadioDog64
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This was the first time in a while we had stayed in a non-all-inclusive in Mexico, but it has made us realize what we were missing out on. No standing in line at the old steam table! But back to the Amar Inn. First you need to remember that this B&B is technically rated a 2 star. So, if you're looking for all the amenities of a fancy place, you need to go up the road to the AIs. But if you can see yourself at a clean, friendly place that is right next to the beach, this lovely B&B is for you. Our room, up a set of stairs, was huge, with our own little seating area outside the room. From the seating area and the room windows we had a beautiful view of the beach (which is about 30 steps away) and an ocean breeze. My only complaint about the room is that there was nowhere to unpack your bags, so they pretty much had to sit on the floor. There was a rack to hang clothes hangers on though. The breakfasts were just amazing. Fresh fruit to start and a Mexican dish as the main. Simply delicious. And as others have noted, the owner Miguel and the other folks who work there are wonderful. You get to know them because it's such a small place. Puerto Moreles is a really nice seaside town with many great restaurants to choose from. It's is the ideal place for people who want to get away from the AI craziness and just enjoy Mexico.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the upstairs ones.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple