“Hidden gem of spa delight within Puerto Morales”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ixchel Jungle Spa

Ixchel Jungle Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Sandra's Jungle Spa is project for the local women of our community in Puerto Morelos. Our non profit organization provides the spaces and support for the local women to gather to creater an income to support thier families. They sell their hand made crafts and offer Mayan massage
Cincinnati, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Hidden gem of spa delight within Puerto Morales”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2010

I would recommend this to anyone traveling in Puerto Morales. This is a totally different atmosphere for your massage then what I would have experienced at home, or at the resort's spa. I loved my resort's spa, but something about experiencing a traditional Mayan massage in a jungle hut was wonderful. My massage therapist was very experienced and professional. The massage itself was wonderful and very therapeutic. The taxi cost from hotel was $20 each way, still creating an economically friendly off-resort pursuit!!

1 Thank heart_caribbean

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Soo happy to be a part of the grand opening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2010

We had our massage on 16Nov and were able to be a part of the grand opening of the new palapa Sandra and the girls had built. It was such an incredible experience, with the incense being past all around us and a very nice man from minnesota cut the ribbon. I had the 1 1/2 hr aloe/banana leaf massage and it was theee best I have ever had. The girls work sooo hard and are just fantastic, when I was finished my girl gave me a huge hug and thanked me for coming. Made me feel so happy and grateful I could be a part of this exerience. Cant wait to go back. Wish I could find a Mayan massage here in Chicago. Thank you to Sandra (and her lovely husband) and the girls !!!

Richmond, VA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Best Massage Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2010

Sandra is an American and she started the Jungle Spa as a kind of social outreach project for the local women. She's a neat lady- she's very likeable, kind of kooky but incredibly smart! We had read some reviews on Tripadvisor and decided to try it out. We emailed her and set the appointments in advance. The ride to the spa is very much as the others have described: this is "real" Mexico, and how real Mexicans live. Take it all in, don't be scared, and consider all of it when you think about why Sandra set up the spa! This is a good living for the spa employees; and they all realize it and treat you like gold. I had Rosie, and my husband had Carolina. Both massages were awesome. I've had a few in my day, but none that made me feel so "healed." My husband was so excited to have someone walk on his back, and his wish was granted. This was an unforgettable experience, but definitely not a once in a lifetime experience because we will be back! Thanks everybody!

1 Thank Toonces76
Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Wonderful Start & Finish to a Relaxing Vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2010

So glad I read all the reviews before I took my husband there! I e-mailed Sandra before we even went on vacation to make and appt and she e-mailed me back right away. We took a taxi from Zoetry Hotel and when turned down bumpy dirt road we both looked at each other and wondered what we had gotten into! Don't be scared! When we arrived we found Sandra and she told us her story. As we sat there several people were finishing there massages and that made me feel better about being there.(they all looked so relaxed) Another couple also arrived . She offered us a shot of D'Aristi before we got our massages. I wasn't to sure about it, but i really liked it! (So much so that my husband and I bought a bottle in the airport on the way home!) You get your massage in different areas separated by sheets. Nothing fancy...you are in the jungle! Its amazing! My husband is a runner and has had many massages, he was so impressed with the massage he kept telling me that it was the best one he had ever had. We both had the 60min with the Aloe & banana leaves.(it took approx 2hours) We felt so amazing after that! During our vacaton we kept thinking about it so........ we called Sandra again to see if we could get 1 more massage before we left, she got us in and this time we did the hour and a half one. Loved it! We felt like mush the rest of the day! Thanks to Sandra & all the women!
Also...our taxi driver wanted to wait for us & he did. If yours does not Sandra is happy to call you a taxi.
Thanks to Trip Advisor we went to the Jungle Spa. I would not have gone unless I read all the reviews. What a great place!

2 Thank Ceh_9
colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Jungle heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2010

Went to Jungle Spa not just once but twice on our trip to Puerto Morelos. It was without a doubt the best massage I have ever had. Ask especially for Carolina! I had her twice and loved her. My friend had a different person and loved her massage equally as well. Also really like the concept of assisting the Mayan community. Also loved the Aloe/Banana leaf treatment. You cant go wrong here. Just take a taxi, (about $9 each way)