“Fantastic massage!!”
Review of Ixchel Jungle Spa

Ixchel Jungle Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Sandra's Jungle Spa is project for the local women of our community in Puerto Morelos. Our non profit organization provides the spaces and support for the local women to gather to creater an income to support thier families. They sell their hand made crafts and offer Mayan massage
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Fantastic massage!!”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I have heard about this place for several years, but just never went for a massage. This year, 8 of us decided to book massages at the same time, and we shared two taxis to the Jungle Spa. Sandra begins by spending 20 minutes or more giving the history of how the Jungle Spa came into being, what to expect when getting a massage, and the types of massage services available. Once you choose the service, she will introduce you to your massage therapist and ask you to tell her about any problems/medical conditions/trouble areas, etc. you may have. She will translate everything into Spanish for you before the massage and after it is over (the massage therapist will discuss what she found while working on you, for example). I had the 1 1/2 hour massage (which costs $60). My only wish is that I had discovered this place earlier during this year's vacation--I would have returned more times during the month I was in Puerto. Some of the members of our group had the 1 hr. massage with aloe wrap; others had the 1 1/2 hour massage. There was 100% satisfaction, and we all felt super relaxed and happy the remainder of the day. We all agreed that this was a wonderful find and everyone will go back!!

3 Thank MBT36942
JungleSpaReina, Owner at Ixchel Jungle Spa, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
We are fortunate to be able to accommodate groups like yours at the same and so pleased to hear everyone ws 100 per cent satidsfied.. The women work so hard and it makes them feel do good to hear that you like and sppreciated their work. it creats a win win situation for everyone and community tourism at it's best So I thank you again and lfor your support of our work and look forward to seeing you again"

Shakopee, Minnesota, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't wait to go back again next year!”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

The Jungle Spa was recommended to me by a very close friend and I knew he wouldn't steer me wrong, there were 6 of us women that went in January. The taxi ride there was a little interesting because our driver did not know where to go, but it was VERY WELL worth the trip. Sandra (the owner) sat us all down and explained what the Jungle Spa was all about and what to expect from our massages and the different kinds of massages we could choose from. I had the most AMAZING massage I have ever had. Every one of us six women could not rave about it enough. We told everyone back at our resort about it. As I was laying on my back I could see monkeys playing in the trees. What a great experience! Do not expect the Ritz, you are in the jungle, this is not a fancy place but trust me, you will have the best massage you have ever had. I had a map and directions with me that I brought from home to help get there, but our driver stopped in Puerto Morelos and asked the local taxi drivers how to get there. I truly cannot wait to visit there again!!

1 Thank PattyO2013
JungleSpaReina, Owner at Ixchel Jungle Spa, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
I remember your group of women. What a wonderful appreciative group you were. it is so special when people come out like you all did and enjoy what we offer:, peace, healing, nature and great maasage and as you well know the women LOVE doing their massages! So perfect harmony for everyone. Thank you for your support and we look forward to your return!
Sebring, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great experience!!!”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

This was the second visit we made to the Jungle Spa, the last being 3 years ago. We stayed at the Now-Jade and it was about 10 minutes by taxi to arrive at the Spa ($200 pesos). Do not expect this to be the polished marble and mirrored Spa that you would find at the big resorts. As the name implies, it is in the jungle and for us this added even more to the experience. Also, you do not pay the $200 plus that is charge in the resort.
And as it was 3 years ago, this was the highlight of our vacation. When we arrived we were greeted by Sandra who made us feel at home. This time we chose the hour and a half relaxing massage. We were taken to the massage "hut" and each of us received one of the best massages we have ever experienced. The girls work on the areas that you tell them to concentrate on. The massage area is not plush like the "big resort" but it is very clean and relaxing. The jungle setting seems to add to the relaxation.
We would recommend the Jungle Spa to everyone one who is staying in the area. We are sure that you also will find this to be the highlight of your vacation.
Our thanks again to Sandra and her girls for a wonderful experience. We look forward to visiting the Jungle Spa when we return to the area.

Bob and Roselyn B.; Sebring, Ohio

2 Thank Robert B
It was wonderful for you both to return to our Jungle Spa and greatly appreciated! Yes we do have a unique setting and surroundlngs for our Spa NATURE the natural healing habitat for humans.
Yes they do find the aches and pains during your massage and work it out! A good massage is a must, so glad to hear you enjoyed it. Thanks for supporting our family of women and their families! Look forward to seeing you both next time!
Buffalo, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a massage”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

This is the second year i have gone to the jungle spa. Last year my wife would not go, this year she came along. She had Terry for her massage, she liked it so much we came back the following week. I had Lupita, the best massage ever, she found the area's that needed attention right away. If you ever have a chance to visit Sandra (owner) and her girls you will not regret it. As a reminder, you are in the jungle and you can here the birds, monkeys and other aniamals. Sundays they have a market with items the girls have made to help support there lives...Don and Ruth Minn.

1 Thank Don S
JungleSpaReina, Owner at Ixchel Jungle Spa, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Really enjoyed meeting your wife ! Thanks for briging your group of people and telling others at your hotel. Thaty0s how we keep going word of mouth and it benifits so many people we probbayu support over a 100 familiy members. The wopmen love doing thier massagages and know thier work and the jungle what a beautiful and special place to be for a a massage glad you appreciate it! See you next year , Muchas Gracias
usa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“spa”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

IVe have been there 2 different times and going back this year this place is great.The people are great and they are from the usa

Visited June 2013
1 Thank redworm1
JungleSpaReina, Manager at Ixchel Jungle Spa, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you so much for your comment!. We help so many people and I thank you for supportng us. We do our very best.
As you well know I give a talk and let everyone know how our massages are before they go in and I ask if they have problems etc so we are well informed then during the their massage I go in and check on each person to see how they are doing then i ask them again when they come out and get a report about the massage given.
We look forward tos eeing youa gain soon.