“great Jungle and spa experience”
Review of Ixchel Jungle Spa

Ixchel Jungle Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Sandra's Jungle Spa is project for the local women of our community in Puerto Morelos. Our non profit organization provides the spaces and support for the local women to gather to creater an income to support thier families. They sell their hand made crafts and offer Mayan massage
NYC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great Jungle and spa experience”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stayed 4 nights with Sandra and Dan in their Bed and Breakfast home. We loved them very much, such a nice cuple. We enjoyed every morning that we spend with them. Breakfast was very good. Apart of Sandra and Dan hospitality, we enjoyed early night and morning sounds from the jungle. I appreciate Sandra and her energy to help local Mayan women. Their spa is a real deal in a beautiful jungle environment. This place is for anyone who doesn't want to be surrounded by tourists but still to be close to Puerto Morelos and near by beaches. We will be back for sure.

Visited January 2014
JungleSpaReina, Owner at Ixchel Jungle Spa, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Well we certainly enjoyed having you stay with us. I really enjoyed how you both emersed yourselves in our local culture. That's what tourism should be about merging with the culture in the country you are visiting. we look forward to your next trip here. Gracias !!!

Oakland, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Sandra is the real deal!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Many reviewers discuss the amazing massages provided at the Jungle Spa. But this is much more than a place to make your body feel good. Sandra has helped lovcal Mayan women create a place they can work with dignity, preserve and share their cultural heritage, and earn a decent living. She bought the land close enough to town so her workers can easily walk or bicycle to work after sending their children off to school. A visit to the Jungle Spa is a treat for your body and your soul. You get to take care of yourself and support a business that does great good for its community. Do not miss the aloe treatment.

Visited December 2013
JungleSpaReina, Owner at Ixchel Jungle Spa, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comment. I appreciate you letting everyone know how our work creates a win win situation for everyone participating and we cannot do thsi wonderful work with out you! So much healing takes place for everyone. Thank you!
Seattle
“Best Massage Ever”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

The dirt road to the spa I was not so sure. But what an experience. Beautiful tranquil place. Loved talking with Sandra first and hearing the history. I was so glad at the last minute I was squeezed in. This is a must. My therapist was wonderful perfect mix of heaven and hell. But I walked out feeling like a new person. Too bad the next day in Cancun my cab driver rammed into another cab and now I am injured and it took away my relaxing spa. I wish I would have done this week one to then do week two. Very professional. My only complaint and not at the spa was the weather. Cold day (there were lots on the trip. I would like to come back when it is not rainy and cold. The rain however made a great relaxing sound. Thanks for such a great was to spend my trip.

Visited January 2014
JungleSpaReina, Owner at Ixchel Jungle Spa, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Oh no! an accident in a taxi. I hope your a feeling well!
Glad to hear you loved your massage. Thank you for your comment. We will be here and waiting for your return!
Altadena, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“We Were Able to Visit Twice....”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

On our most recent visit to the Puerto Morelos area this Christmas, we were able to schedule two trips to the Jungle Spa. How exciting is that? VERY! My husband and I look forward to catching up with Sandra and our therapists. We have the same ladies each time we visit. They remember us and it is wonderful to hear how well their families are doing. We almost feel like family. Rosalva, my therapist, always gives me a big hug. She speaks some English and knows quite a bit more each time. Our daughter joined us on the second week of vacation and could not wait to go to the Jungle Spa. It is truly the highlight of our vacation every time.
Keep up the good work, ladies.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Unraveledgal
JungleSpaReina, Owner at Ixchel Jungle Spa, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
You know we always look forward to seeing you ! As you well know by speaking with the women and making friends with our group of women they do receive their 75 % every day from each massage. Yes their English is getting better year by year a little at a time. English classes in the summer but it is very difficult for them, I am proud of them .
It is always so sad to see you leave! we miss you and loved seeing your daughet again! Thanks
Mexico City, Mexico
3 attraction reviews
“The trip is worth the journey, one of the best massages of my life!”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Sandra has done a fantastic job with the local woman! The massage was fatastic, they use a mix of different techniques that make your experience the most enjoyable. They really know how to work the different zones of your body. If you are in Puerto Morelos this trip is a most, if you are in Cancun or the Riviera Maya the trip is worth the experience!

Visited January 2014
JungleSpaReina, Owner at Ixchel Jungle Spa, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Hola my dear friends from Mexico City. So enjoyed meeting you! Thank you for understanding the important work with the women! If you all bnly knew what an important role you are in this endevour of supporting the local women of our community. Hope to see you again soon
Gracias!