“Loved it!”
Review of Ixchel Jungle Spa

Ixchel Jungle Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Jungle Spa is project for the local women of our community in Puerto Morelos. Our non profit organization provides the spaces and support for the local women to gather to creater an income to support thier families. They sell their hand made crafts and offer Mayan massage
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My husband and I had 90 minute combo massage and aloe/banana leaf wrap. It is hard to describe this experience. The massage is one of the best that I can remember. These petite Mayan women are very strong! They were loving, sweet, and..funny. We plan on going again during our vacation. Go with an open mind and heart ..and I am sure you will enjoy it.

All reviews
in 21 reviews
"aches and pains"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed November 7, 2012

My boyfriend and I both enjoyed our massages at jungle spa. He got the 1.5 hour massage while I got the 1 hour + 30 mins of the aloe and banana leaf wrap. It was definitely worth the sketchy cab ride because we ended up spending less on both our massages, cab fare and tips than what we would of spent at our hotel spa for 1 massage. Not to mention, I believe 75% go directly back to the women who work there.

The only thing I would had liked to skip was the 15 minute lecture we got from Sandra. She's super sweet but I was just ready to get my massage. Oh and the music was a little strange. It was like 70's love songs. I would prefer either silence or the usual spa sounds.

This is definitely a place I would recommend to the sore, the sun burnt, open minded traveler. :)

2  Thank Annakoture
Reviewed November 2, 2012

It was a truly one of a kind experience. The ladies are so great at what they do, and very friendly. I would truly recommend this place, for sure ten out of ten. Thanks ladies.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

very relaxing. enjoyed the people and location good hands help relax with another margarita close at hand

See more reviews
Reviewed October 29, 2012

They truly care about your experience. Very attentive staff, that works out where one needs the most attention. We planned on going once, but went back a few days later to work out the rest of the kinks in our body, Very reasonably priced and the therapists receive a large portion of the money for themselves.
We called Sandra and she gave us excellent directions via public transit (which is better than the public transit here in Toronto, btw) Easy to find, a good experience finding the place. Thank you Sandra, and to my masseuse kelli, thank you very much!!