“Snorkeling trip”

Owner description: Scuba Diving
Savage, Minnesota
“Snorkeling trip”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Almost heaven picked us up in the snorkeling boat from our hotel. We had 8 people in our group. Very easy to reserve and pay portion from states before we left. Guides did a nice job and we had a good time.

Visited August 2013

Glendale, Arizona, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

My wife and I have never been snorkeling, and we found this place while searching online for various things to do during our Cancun vacation. We were renting a car and not booking through a tour company, and from the very beginning when we were emailing for information, Enrique could not have been more helpful. He gave us great information, particularly with directions how to get to his place, and responded very quickly. We reserved a time and date with one simple email, and paid the extremely reasonable fee when we arrived. We had messed up our currency exchange a bit, and Enrique even allowed us to pay one admission in Pesos and one in U.S. Dollars to work with what we had on hand.

Not wanting to be late, we left our hotel much too early and arrived at Almost Heaven almost an hour before our appointment. We expected to be waiting outside in the car for quite a while, but nothing could be further from the truth. We were almost immediately greeted by Raphael, a very friendly, dreadlocked young man who we soon discovered would be our snorkeling guide. He welcomed us inside, got us started with equipment, and introduced us to Enrique. As we waited for our scheduled time and for others to arrive, we had a great conversation with Enrique about the history of the area, the types of fish, coral and plant life we would see, and just general conversation. We never once felt like we were intruding on his time, even though we felt a little guilty about arriving so early!

Now the actual snorkeling...it was great! Raphael and another gentleman (sorry we don't remember his name) took us out from the shore on a well-maintained little boat - it was 6 other people plus my wife and me - and we were in the water in less than 10 minutes. Raphael did a wonderful job explaining exactly what we needed to do and where we would be going, and once we were in the water he pointed out all kinds of different things, including a huge conch, a hogfish, a huge school of some type of silver fish, and many other kinds of colorful fish and coral. I was struggling a bit myself with the snorkel and with keeping up with the swimming (I really should just stay on dry land!) and Raphael picked right up on that and made sure to let me know he was there to assist if I needed.

Our trip consisted of two 45-minute dives, and I opted to stay on the boat for the second dive. The other gentleman led the second dive, and my wife attests that he too pointed out lots of different things, including a lobster, a barracuda, a trumpet fish and an eel. Meanwhile, I had a nice conversation with Raphael and enjoyed the scenery.

For our first time ever snorkeling, we could not have asked for a better experience and better service. The team of three at Almost Heaven Adventures should be very proud!

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Dan M
Asheboro,NC
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great day Snorkeling.”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My girlfriend and I took the snorkeling tour a couple of days ago and it was fantastic. The service was very friendly. We had a private tour for the two of us. Three guys on the boat to make sure we had a great trip. Two guides in the water to point out the fish and ID them. I am a diver so I wasn't sure how much I would enjoy the snorkel but it was great. I highly reccomend them. Make reservations directly with the shop for the best rates. Puerto Morelos is also a beautiful little fishing village with some great little restaurants. We ate lunch an dinner there.

Visited April 2013
Annapolis
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 163 helpful votes
“Good half day trip”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We took the half day snorkel trip through Royal Resorts. The vans they use are recent models, clean and in good condition. It was about a 40 minute ride from Cancun. Enrique who is the owner was also our driver. You have to pay a reef fee when you pick up the gear but that all went fairly quickly. It was a short boat ride out to the reef with a quick briefing on the way. We then got to snorkel in two spots. I enjoyed the second spot "the garden" more. Rafael was able to point out several barracuda to my daughter. Afterwards we had a short stop at the beach bar.

The town was very cute and I would have been happy to spend the afternoon checking it out. Maybe next time. I would definitely go with this company again.

Visited March 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Fantastic fun”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We were picked up at The Royal Sands by Enrique and driven to Puerto Morelos - about 30 minutes away. There were 6 of us in the van from our resort and that was the total number in the group. We arrived at the shop to get snorkeling gear and to pay the $3/person park fee. We were then driven to the beach where we were given a brief overview of our boat trip. Rafael was our guide on the reef and he was excellent. He was very adept at finding fish of all sizes, rays, conch shells etc... and making sure everyone in the group had a chance to see what he had found. We snorkeled in one area for about 45 minutes, got back on the boat (which was nice to get a break and warm-up) and then we snorkeled for another 30 to 40 minutes. It was great fun and we would do it again!

Visited February 2013