“Second time, still great!”

Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I came back after having had a great time last year. overall, good food, great staff, nice beach. The people from the resort down the beach (El Cid) kept coming over to use the beach at Now Jade. My biggest complaint? They stopped putting chocolates on the pillow with the turn down service! :) not a big deal. It is comfortable, not full of crazy partiers, a relaxed atmosphere, and overall a great vacation.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are a little noisier..
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Diana S
NowJadeRC, Social Media Coordinator at Now Jade Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear Sir / Madam,

On behalf of myself and the entire staff at our resort, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing us again over numerous others in the area, to enjoy your recent holidays in Cancun.

We appreciate your observations and we will share them with the operations staff. Thank you for your good comments about the foo, staff and beach.

We hope to welcome you back for your third visit very soon.

Greetings from sunny Cancun!

Info.nojrc@nowresorts.com

Write a ReviewReviews (9,570)

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Now Jade was greater than I ever could have imagined! Everything from the food, to the beach and pools, to the service, to the entertainment was absolutely outstanding. As a first-time guest both in Mexico and to an all-inclusive resort at all, Now Jade offered one of the most amazing experiences of my life. The combination of the endless activities during the day and the incredible entertainment at night was unbeatable. I stayed at Now Jade for over a week and never once did I get bored or sick of the place! The beauty of the location is indescribable: gorgeous white beaches and teal blue waters, a great design of the pools--especially the infinity pool overlooking the beach, still keeping beautiful greenery with a garden. Speaking of beauty...the entertainment staff was not too bad on the eyes, either! Each and every member of the entertainment team did an excellent job of, well, entertaining, with impressive English while being extremely friendly with the guests. The team members are quite the eye candy teaching Zumba poolside, specifically Juan. Juan could not have been sweeter this entire trip, making sure I was enjoying myself at all times of the day, and what a cutie! Juan was by far my favorite staff member, but I loved all of them and will miss them and their shenanigans at home. Overall, this vacation to Now Jade was one I will definitely remember for the rest of my life and the experience was completely incredible, thank you so much to everyone at Now Jade.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank yhabiyh

Dear Madam,

On behalf of myself and the entire staff at our resort, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our Resort over numerous others in the area, to enjoy your recent holidays in Cancun.

The resort’s team wants to thank you for allowing us to be part of your holiday vacation. We are truly grateful for your review. Your feedback will be shared with the entire staff, especially with Juan. He will be so happy to hear you recognized his efforts.

Thank you for your recommendation and we very much appreciate your comments that help us to continue improving our facilities and services. We really hope to welcome you again in the near future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We have been to this resort before and took our adult children with us on this trip. We thought the food was very good and the rooms are very nice.

A few items could be better:
- Be prepared for a very long check in process - the worst part of the whole trip - and the lady co-ordinating the check-in was rude. We didn't get drinks or washcloths on the day we arrived (saw other people getting these items.) Check-in took over 2 hours.
- Be SURE to tip the maid or you will not get clean towels and the room will not be give much attention
- We tried to go to several of the shows but the activities staff spent so long patting themselves on the back we left.
- Don't plan on doing any late night shopping at the stores which say they are open until 11pm. I went into the store at 10:30pm and was told to hurry up and get my things or get out - really couldn't believe it.

Don't go to dinner at 7:30-8pm it is very busy at that time. Try to go earlier and you'll be able to get in no problem.

Good tip - you can use the adult pool on the preferred side - it's very nice and quite.

Don't get me wrong we enjoyed the resort - as I said it's good but it could be better.

Room Tip: Really no way to choose a good room. They put you where they want to. I asked for 2 rooms close to...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Leslie S

Dear Madam

Thank you very much for staying at our resort and for taking the time to write this review and share it with us through Tripadvisor.

Your valuable observations will be shared with the operations staff to improve our service.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and restore your confidence in our service.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I just returned from the resort on July 5th and had a great time. I've visited several resorts in the Cancun area over the years hoping to find THE spot and I think I may have in the Now Jade. The staff was excellent, there was a wide variety of food at the various restaurants and the main lobby became my hangout every evening. The guitar player was very good and it was hilarious watching people ride the mechanical bull. The cook-out in the main plaza on 4th of July could not have been better. I have friends who had visited the resort in February and raved about always being able to find a seat at the pool or on the beach. However, I told them that the real test would be 4th of July week when there are many more people there and, I must say, I never had difficulty finding a good spot at the main pool.

The one negative is that I returned with a few bee stings. However, that probably was my own fault. I usually camped out in the same location at the main pool every day. The first few days I didn't have an issue with the bees. Then, being the nice guy that I am(LOL) I made room for a family to sit near me and pushed by lounge chair right up against the bush. Needless to say, I'm sure the bees felt like I was trespassing.LOL

Overall, I had an excellent time at the Now Jade and will definitely return 4th of July week 2015.

I just read a review where a lady said she was made to feel uncomfortable because she was single. Yes, the constant "why are you by yourself, where's your wife/girlfriend" do become annoying. However, I get asked that by other vacationers and not just the staff. But, as a man who's been divorced many years and always enjoys traveling I've gotten use to it and it really doesn't bother me anymore.

Room Tip: I would just say that if you have young children or are a light sleeper, you may not want to choose...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank ljaytee
NowJadeRC, Social Media Coordinator at Now Jade Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your review on your recent trip to Now Jade Riviera Cancun! We are honored that you chose our resort for your vacation.

Your feedback is very important to us and to future travelers. It seems that you took great advantage of your stay here in beautiful Riviera Maya. We are happy to read you enjoyed 4th of July. We will share your feedback with the entire staff.

We hope that your travels bring you back to Now Jade Riviera Cancun soon again!!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I traveled to the Now JADE for a wedding Jun2 -Jun6 14... So... Not my hotel choice as a memeber of the wedding party.... The property is well maintained and seems to have enough staff members to serve the numbe of guests. The resturants offer a variaty of foods and anyone should be able to find something they like. This is NOT the Waldorf Astoria.... This is a comfortable family oriented property that you get as much from as you put in. The pricing is cheap for what you get.. so dont expect to much.
Expect to wait in line if you want breakfast at 9:00 am.....
Expect to wait in line if you want dinner at 7:00 pm sharp...
The rooms where clean, cool, and the bed was AWSOME.. We didn't opt for the upgraded rooms... we saw what they looked like and it's wasn't worth the extra money to be Preferred.
Over all a very good stay... Hard working staff. Shout out to Polo at the pool bar staff !!! He make the vacation.. Waited on us ( party of 8) hand and foot allways making sure our glases were full and we where happy. ( Hint for all... Tippping helps... )

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Ebrockbrough4

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripavisor. By evaluating our hospitality, telling us what we do right as well as what we must improve, you help us meet your expectations.

We were pleased to read that you have enjoyed your overall stay; your comments are appreciated and help us to improve our service. Thank you for your comments about the room and bed.

Polo will be glad to read your feedback about his work. Thank you on behalf of him.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

With its fantastic location right on the beach front (which was quiet and beach boy free), the Jade Riviera had an excellent range of amenities which helped make our stay so good and gave us everything that we wanted from our Mexican holiday!

Our room was a good size, with a huge bathroom and was very well maintained. (There was a mix up when we arrived which meant we didn't get the ocean view room we requested on the first night, but this was resolved quickly).

The pools at the hotel were very good with one family pool and one quiet pool for adults - although with both having an infinity area and swim up bar both were quite lively, although good natured and enjoyable.

The food was excellent with a great range of restaurants. The Carnival buffet was a must for breakfast, while the 6 restaurants in the evening meant we could have a great variety of food without booking. Although we had a long wait on a couple of evenings, there is enough entertainment to keep you occupied in the meantime.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming, especially Riccardo on reception and Martin and Callixto on the pool side bar.

The weather was excellent, with lots of sun (despite us visiting at the start of the rainy season) and so we wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Jade Riviera and the whole Riviera Maya to friends in the future!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AlexCThomas

Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing Now Jade Riviera Cancun and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. We were delighted to read that you have enjoyed your overall stay with us and thank you for your gracious comments in regard to the resort services and facilities.

Ricardo, Martin and Calixto will be so happy to read your great comments about their work. Thank you on behalf of them.

Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to Now Jade Riviera Cancun!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Advice number one: Never buy an upgrade because you will always be offered one when you get there. As we were checking in, which took way too long, they offered us an upgrade to a preferred room with an ocean view for cheaper than we could have got it online. After two nights in our first room, the glass wall in the bathroom shattered and our bathroom floor was covered in glass at 11:30 at night while we were in bed. When I called the front desk to let them know about the wall, the receptionist informed me that there were no other rooms available and they would move us in the morning. After arguing with him, they found a room for us with an upgrade.

Advice number two: If you sit through the Unlimited Vacation Club presentation and you are serious about it, just keep saying no and you will get what you want. We almost bought, but when it came down to it, some of the information was misrepresented and we did not go through with it and lost an entire day of our vacation. If you are not interested at all, hold them accountable to the 90 minutes and walk out after you are given your resort cash.

Advice number three: Go on the Jungle Maya excursion and hope you get Israel. We had a great time repelling, zip lining, snorkeling, and meeting new people. Israel was really funny and extremely knowledgeable.

The entertainment team did a great job. Some of the shows were really impressive and the team was really funny.

Overall, our experience was OK. The food was good, but the service was a little slow. Everything was usually clean, except when they lifted my plate at dinner and there was a pile of small ants underneath. We had really fast Wifi in our room one minute, and the next minute it wouldn't even have the network available.

When leaving the resort, we were given a survey to fill out and they asked the question "Will you come back again?" I responded "I don't know", but now after analyzing our trip, I would say I would not return there.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Kelly R

Dear Madam,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our resort. We share all of the comments with the operations staff and the UVC supervisors.

We sincerely regret your stay was not what you expected. Thank you for your valuable comments; we will be able to correct the points of the opportunity you found during your stay with us.

We very much appreciate your comments that help us to continue improving our facilities and services. We really hope to have another opportunity to restore your confidence in our service.

Yours sincerely,

Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
#1 of 1 in Playa del Secreto
Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun

Been to Now Jade Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!