We were a little nervous with the mixed reviews, but we were pleased with our stay. We had a Preferred Ocean View suite, and it was great. the separate sitting area was nice, and the balcony was excellent. We had a great view of the ocean and Preferred side beach, plus a view of the Preferred side pool which allowed to us to check out if there were any chairs or beds available before we went out. It was also a very short walk to the pool or beach. We received excellent service. We ended up get sucked into doing the stupid timeshare talk, which was annoying and sucked up 90 minutes of our time, but got $200 spa credit out of it at least.
The food was good. Nothing special, but certainly palatable! We ate at Mercure, Tamarindo, Capers, and Spice. Mercure was our favorite. The buffet had a nice selection of various cuisines at breakfast and lunch, though we didn't eat there for dinner at all. Room service takes awhile and the food always arrived lukewarm and was not impressive. Castaways had nice light lunch/snack food, and good drinks. None of the desserts anywhere impressed us.
The entertainment was fun, we really enjoyed the Capoiera show and the fire show. The half hour lengths were perfect to be entertaining but not too long.
Housekeeping was always excellent. We got service twice a day, with normal service to clean and refresh towels, and turndown service in the evenings. We certainly never lacked for clean towels, as they replaced them twice a day. Even if we left some hanging to use again, they always restocked the clean ones so we had more than enough. They also restocked the minibar daily without any problems. We would simply call them when we went to breakfast or to the pool, and they would cheerfully send someone to clean the room immediately. Make sure you lock your safe, otherwise they will lock it for you and you have to call security to come open it. Not a big deal, as nothing went missing and security came immediately, but still would have been easier if we just remembered to lock it ourselves that day.
We also used the laundry service, and while a bit overpriced, our clothes were back within 6 hours and smelled lovely. We were impressed.
There were not enough servers working the pool or beach areas, but if you tip (or are simply very friendly!) you get excellent service nonetheless. The servers stayed busy but were always pleasant and smiling. The service in the restaurants was awesome as well. Never let my water glass empty. One server (at Tamarindo), even took my napkin off my chair while I was in the restroom and refolded it next to my plate. He happened to be walking past when I came back to the table and paused to pull out my chair and help me with my napkin. The servers in the Preferred lounge were attentive without being annoying, and one in particular (I wish I had gotten his name) made especially excellent drinks, and ran up to the main lobby for something he was missing. Perfect.
I enjoyed the preferred side pool, though I wish they did a better job of enforcing the "quiet" pool atmosphere. A couple times there were obnoxious groups of obviously intoxicated adults that I wished would have taken their little parties to the activity pool, but it wasn't anything that stopped me from enjoying the pool. The beach was nice too. Lots of waves every day, (every day was red flagged except one day down at the very end of the preferred side) but it was fun to play n the waves, and the ocean was a bit warmer than the pool. We didn't see any jellyfish, but I understand it's something to watch out for the in the area.
I have two complaints: The furniture in the rooms is incredibly uncomfortable, and the first few days, our phone rang several times a day. With reminders of our timeshare talk, checking to make sure our stay was ok, and a couple wrong numbers. The phone is LOUD and if I wanted something, I'd let them know. The thought was in the right place, though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun. Located just 12 miles from Cancun International Airport and minutes from the quaint fishing town of Puerto Morelos, Now Jade Riviera Cancun provides guests with 2,640 feet of pure crystal white sand and refreshing azure waters. Guests will become immersed in a setting where style and sophistication meet relaxation and comfort. Each suite is truly exquisite featuring beautiful views of flourishing gardens or crystal clear ocean. This unique property features 550 luxurious suites each complete with private furnished balcony or terrace and Jacuzzi for two. All finely appointed suites offer king size or two double beds, marble floors, air-conditioning with in-room climate control, daily refreshed mini bars and 24-hour room and concierge services. Snorkel, kayak, windsurf or deep sea dive in the vast blue waters or simply relax under the warmth of the sun on the white sandy beach. Perfect your golf swing on one of the famous courses located nearby or indulge a vast set of treatments offered at the world- class spa. Little ones will have the opportunity to partake in many day and nighttime activities provided by the Explorer’s Club for Kids. When the sun sets come enjoy live themed shows in our large indoor theater or sip on a cocktail as you relax at Eclipse Night Club. All this and much more await you at Now Jade Riviera Cancun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Now Jade Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort And Spa
- Nh Hotels Puerto Morelos
- Nh Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos