“Now Jade”

Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We were a little nervous with the mixed reviews, but we were pleased with our stay. We had a Preferred Ocean View suite, and it was great. the separate sitting area was nice, and the balcony was excellent. We had a great view of the ocean and Preferred side beach, plus a view of the Preferred side pool which allowed to us to check out if there were any chairs or beds available before we went out. It was also a very short walk to the pool or beach. We received excellent service. We ended up get sucked into doing the stupid timeshare talk, which was annoying and sucked up 90 minutes of our time, but got $200 spa credit out of it at least.

The food was good. Nothing special, but certainly palatable! We ate at Mercure, Tamarindo, Capers, and Spice. Mercure was our favorite. The buffet had a nice selection of various cuisines at breakfast and lunch, though we didn't eat there for dinner at all. Room service takes awhile and the food always arrived lukewarm and was not impressive. Castaways had nice light lunch/snack food, and good drinks. None of the desserts anywhere impressed us.

The entertainment was fun, we really enjoyed the Capoiera show and the fire show. The half hour lengths were perfect to be entertaining but not too long.

Housekeeping was always excellent. We got service twice a day, with normal service to clean and refresh towels, and turndown service in the evenings. We certainly never lacked for clean towels, as they replaced them twice a day. Even if we left some hanging to use again, they always restocked the clean ones so we had more than enough. They also restocked the minibar daily without any problems. We would simply call them when we went to breakfast or to the pool, and they would cheerfully send someone to clean the room immediately. Make sure you lock your safe, otherwise they will lock it for you and you have to call security to come open it. Not a big deal, as nothing went missing and security came immediately, but still would have been easier if we just remembered to lock it ourselves that day.

We also used the laundry service, and while a bit overpriced, our clothes were back within 6 hours and smelled lovely. We were impressed.

There were not enough servers working the pool or beach areas, but if you tip (or are simply very friendly!) you get excellent service nonetheless. The servers stayed busy but were always pleasant and smiling. The service in the restaurants was awesome as well. Never let my water glass empty. One server (at Tamarindo), even took my napkin off my chair while I was in the restroom and refolded it next to my plate. He happened to be walking past when I came back to the table and paused to pull out my chair and help me with my napkin. The servers in the Preferred lounge were attentive without being annoying, and one in particular (I wish I had gotten his name) made especially excellent drinks, and ran up to the main lobby for something he was missing. Perfect.

I enjoyed the preferred side pool, though I wish they did a better job of enforcing the "quiet" pool atmosphere. A couple times there were obnoxious groups of obviously intoxicated adults that I wished would have taken their little parties to the activity pool, but it wasn't anything that stopped me from enjoying the pool. The beach was nice too. Lots of waves every day, (every day was red flagged except one day down at the very end of the preferred side) but it was fun to play n the waves, and the ocean was a bit warmer than the pool. We didn't see any jellyfish, but I understand it's something to watch out for the in the area.

I have two complaints: The furniture in the rooms is incredibly uncomfortable, and the first few days, our phone rang several times a day. With reminders of our timeshare talk, checking to make sure our stay was ok, and a couple wrong numbers. The phone is LOUD and if I wanted something, I'd let them know. The thought was in the right place, though.

Room Tip: The preferred side rooms are quiet and large. It was worth it for us, as we're not party people...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JessicaM298
NowJadeRC, Social Media Coordinator at Now Jade Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Madam,

On behalf of the entire staff of Now Jade Riviera Cancun and myself, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our Resort, among all others within this destination, to enjoy your recent holidays in Cancun.

We were thrilled to read your feedback on your recent stay with us and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your comments about the shows, minibar, Preferred Club and the service provided by the housekeeping staff.

All of the comments will be shared with the staff, they will be glad to hear you had a nice stay.

We very much appreciate your feedback that helps us to continue improving our facilities and services and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Now Jade Riviera Cancun soon.

Best regards,

Olivia Rodriguez

Reviewed January 14, 2014

could not have been happier with our choice of resorts, after traveling to many different resorts with was great to not have to make reservations for dinner, in 7 days we only waited 5 minutes at the longest for a table. Second we didn’t have to wear a bracelet to show we belonged to the resort, they can really clash with an amazing outfit. The other major difference that really made us relaxed was that we could have as many towel as we wanted, the pool staff made great effort to clear used towels or abandoned towel from pool chairs so there were always free chairs. We moved many times during the day/week to follow the sun and never had a problem finding a great spot.

Since we went to for the sun and to relax we decided that we did not want to participate in any off resort activities we spend our days by the pool. Everyday the Entertainment staff offered great options for things to keep us entertained. We didn’t participate in many activities but really enjoyed watching them. We were always encouraged to participate and really enjoyed speaking with the entertainment staff, they always remember us and made us feel very welcome and confortable. Manuel, Orlando, Itzel, and all of the rest of the Entertainment team made our trip very enjoyable and we couldn’t have asked for more genuine and real people to deal. All the staff in every aspect of the hotel were also great but since we had less interaction on a daily basis it didn’t stand out in as much detail for us.

We will be staying here again and hope that everyone enjoys their stay as much as we did

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kate-Donna

Dear Madam,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed you and your stay at our beautiful resort. Your comments are very much appreciated and are being shared with the entire staff. Manuel, Orlando, Itzel and the rest of the Entertainment team will be glad to hear they contributed to make your stay an enjoyable one.

We very much appreciate your comments that help us to continue improving our facilities and services and we wish to have the privilege to welcome you again in the near future.

Best regards.

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

We just got back from a 5 night 6 day stay at Now Jade and couldn't have been more pleased!

AIRPORT TRANSFER- we booked Canada transfer. It was about $60 that you can pay through paypal on their website. Both drivers were on time and very nice. I would HIGHLY recommend this company and would use them again!!

CHECK-IN Our check in was relatively fast and painless! My only complaint with this was that we were asked for a hard copy of our confirmation. We booked through Travelocity of all I received was the confirmation email and no where on it did it say I need to print that off and present it. We figured it out and all was good. We were given a quick run down of what the resort offered and was asked about the timeshare. I quickly declined and that was that.

OUR ROOM-We stayed in building 3 on the 3rd floor and in my opinion is was the best! We were upgraded to an ocean view and it was situated perfectly away from everything! You definitely want to stay above floor 2 in buildings 3,4 & 5. Due to the lush landscape you'll want to see above the trees. The room was huge with a king bed, sofa bed, his and her sinks, a huge walk in shower, spa tub and plenty of closet space. It was nicely decorated and very clean. It also had a mini refrigerator that was constantly stocked with bottled water, coke, diet coke, sprite and beer. There's also a coffee maker. As far as products they provide a shower cap, mending kit, bar soap, vanity pack, shoe polisher and 4oz bottles of body lotion, shower gel and shampoo all by Gilchrist & Soames.
It was my birthday and they even decorated the room which was very nice! There even was a two person umbrella in each room for those rainy days we encountered.

FOOD- honesty it was the best all- inclusive food I have had yet. The buffet had plenty of options and happy to say mexican food was one of them! Plenty of options even for the those picky eaters out there.

Mercure- French...EXCELLENT! We went here twice! The filet was freakishly tender...

Capers- Italian, just okay for me!

Tamarindo- was good but nothing too exciting

Cin Cin- would have loved to go to but three out of our five nights it was closed!

Spice- we skipped

We got room service one night and it was fast, tasty but not very hot.

CoCo cafe is the best! Latte's when ever I wanted and they even had little pastries and mini sandwiches.

We had lunch at castaways which was always good!

Again, for an all inclusive it's very good, it's no top chef but it's great quality and very tasty!

BEACH-was very nice, it was mostly rocky in the water but the beach was very walkable barefoot. The best place for swimming is near building 1.
Never a problem getting a chair at any point during the day.

POOLS- there are two pools, one adults only which wasn't ever crowded and more of a relaxed atmosphere. The main pool had the games and entertainment and this too was never overly crowded. We went during a slower time I guess. The towels are huge!

SPA- we had a couples massage which was nice. My only complaint is that is was tricked into upgrading the oil they used! When I was asked if I would like them to use the special oil I asked if it was included by the ladies response of yes I figured why not! Nope, not included and was charged $23 bucks for it. Perhaps my Spanish wasn't clear enough! Oh well, still enjoyed. The spa is very nice and relaxing. There's also a pretty nice gym.

STAFF AND ENTERTAINMENT- the staff here is excellent, they are there to please and do try their best to do so! We tipped for every service. A couple bucks goes a long way and they appreciate it! The entertainment was average for a resort. Some of the shows were actually really good!

We came to Mexico at the tail end of the bad weather our first two days it was cooler and rainy. The staff did what they could to keep the guests engaged in activities. The road to the resort is pretty bumpy, they say you can walk it to town but for me it was a little too far. We just took a cab.

The age range was late 20's to 60's. A lot of large groups in for several weddings that were happening at the resort. If you are looking for a relaxed vacation with not too much partying this place is for you. There's not too much going on after 10:00pm here.

My only complaint is the music, switch it up a little! We heard the same songs over and over our entire stay! Also, get with the times and include FREE WIFI. For three days it was $45 and it didn't even work all that great. Unfortunately, we need it for a work project:-(
More night life would be a plus and lower the price on your bottles of wine. They are outrageous and I'd bet if you priced them fairly more people would purchase. $70 bucks for a bottle of
santa margherita pinot grigio....

All in all a very nice place and I would recommend it! I read a ton of negative reviews and honestly I haven't the slightest clue as to what they were talking about!! I guess you can't please everyone!

Ps- yes, if you plan to be outside at night pack some bug spray! The grounds at Now Jade are lush and there's bugs due to this! I wasn't bothered ( I came prepared) but I saw bites on other folks, huge ones!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank D're

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us; especially the service provided by the staff, especialy the Entertainment service. We will certainly address your feedback with the entire staff.

We are happy to read your great comments about the rooms, Coco Café, pools and resort facilities. Our executive chef will be happy to read you enjoyed the food at the specialty Restaurants.

We are extremely delighted that you chose to stay with us and hope to welcome you again as our guest in a near future.

Cordially yours

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stayed at Now Jade and it was absolutely beautiful. Our room was an ocean front room and we could not complain. The food was amazing and we especially loved the little coffee shop. Our son was in the pools from morning till night. We were very happy and my sisters wedding was amazing. Staff were very friendly and ready to help in any way they could.

Room Tip: If you can book and ocean front room. Beautiful view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank carlyk26
NowJadeRC, Social Media Coordinator at Now Jade Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your good comments about the food and the Coco Café.

We are so happy to read your sister’s wedding was amazing! We will share your feedback with the operations staff.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

First I would like to thank AMResorts the opportunity to stay at your facility as a Master Agent.

With very wet recent weather we had to make a detour off the main secondary road that took you to the resorts along that stretch of coast as portions were under water. I was thrilled to take the detour as it took us into Puerto Morelos, and made me comfortable with the small community, and gave us a sneak peak at shopping, and dining options. Other guest I spoke with said the same thing about the detour being a plus!

We were promptly greeted at our transfer, and were giving tags for our luggage that would be delivered to our room. Next we were greeted with moist towels to freshen ourselves from our travels. Towels were room temperature, and no aroma therapy was added. I do like that added touch, and was a little disappointed, but was still very welcome!

We were the escorted through the main doors into the lobby. This is a completely enclosed lobby, with rather poor air conditioning.

This is the point were I became uncomfortable with check in. Rather then being escorted, or directed to a check in counter we were directed to check in desks. Red Flags in my head said this is not going to be very quick. Drinks of our choice were promptly offered to us, that was very nice. As I was traveling with a friend they promptly found us a room with to double beds, and that was in an upgraded room. I had been identified by my booking documents as a visiting agent, but was not told that the upgrade was because of that fact. This all went very quickly. Then we were giving to another staff member, and that person took us over to some other lobby seating. I thought this was part of me being a visiting agent, and to set up my time to do the site inspection. As we had arrived later I opted to set it up for the second morning not the first. This also went very quickly. So I left the lobby with the Red Flags in my head gone, and decided I liked the being seated to check in :)

We were in building 5 a very short walk from the main lobby. Building 5 also houses most of the restaurant's as well as a very very nice jewelry store. When entering the one, and only elevator for building 5 we were greeted by mirrored walls. On the main mirror were 2 sets of very clear hand prints, and what looked to be spit, or a sneeze. As well as some paper trash on the floor. We proceeded to look at the hand print, and trash, plus more of each over the next 4 days.

As we made our way to our room on the 3rd floor I was very pleased with the color scheme, and décor of the corridors. The key cards to enter your room only need to be waved in front of the lock it does not need to be put in a slot. This was much more user friendly!

Our room was also very tastefully done, smelled pleasant, was very clean, and everything appeared to be in very good repair.

The bathroom had lots of very nice lighting, very good exhaust fan. The toilet was in a privacy stall, with European fixtures, add water choice for what you were flushing. Double vanity sinks, cosmetic mirror with out a light. Hand held hair dryer, not a wall mount, very good drying power. 4oz bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel. As well as nice sized bars of soap, shower cap, vanity set (cotton swabs, and balls), sewing kit. Very large separate shower with rain shower head, great water pressure. Whirl pool tub, with window looking out onto patio (full, or partial privacy roller shade on window) Water had a strong iron color to it so did not use the tub.

Mini bar was a coffee pot, and a frig with water, beer, and soda. No liquor dispenser, or snacks in the frig.

Spacious closet, iron/ board, safe, plenty of hangers. not much space between bed, and closet though.

Beds were pillow top, and very comfortable with good support. I am a side slipper, and like my head elevated, and I was able to do that with 2 quite fluffy pillows. Not like home but very good!

Very nice wall mount television with many channels, and a swing arm so you could face towards beds, or seating area. Seating area had a small sofa sleeper, and 2 cushioned seat chairs, and a desk that you could pull out to dine, an end table, and a coffee table. Patio has 2 chairs, and a table. Patio for room 5311 is very large could have had 2 loungers out there also, which would have been really nice.

Turn down service. No treat on the pillow, that was ok. The news letter for the next day was left at that time. Very informative as to what was happening the next day at the resort.

So the only complaint I had with the room was we went without house keeping until I called at the end of the 2nd day, and then they showed up after we were in bed. Ask them to wait till the next day, and they did not show up till after 4pm. Not sure what happen but it was quickly taken care of, and not a problem the rest of our stay.

Room service: We did a breakfast, a lunch, and a snack. They were there almost to the minute of the time they said they would be! Everything we ate was very tasty, and nice sized portions.

The restaurant's: I can't say enough positive about any of them. I love to eat, and I love to eat good food. The taste, and preparation was wonderful in my eyes, and on my taste buds! My hat off to all of the restaurant staff. I enjoyed everything that passed my lips!

The bars: Very prompt service, great drinks. I liked that they had a drink of the day (this was listed on the news letter) I do wish they had drink menu's by the bar. I was traveling with a 1st time traveler to an AI, and she said it would have been nice to see options of tropical drinks. Corona, and bud light are available in canned beer, I don't know what the tap beer was they served.

The grounds were very well maintained, beautiful foliage, the beach was not always very clean though, lots of trash washes in, and one day they never cleaned it up. It is very rocky in most of the water, there are areas to each end of the resort that you can enter the water. This is a very nice walking beach. I don't know if they were short staffed right after the holidays.

Pools are very nice, and from what I could tell they seemed very clean. Lot's of lounge chairs, LOT"S of towels. You don't have to checkout beach towels, and are not subject to charges for lost towels. Chair saving at this resort is out of control. I was up at 5:30am one morning, and Chairs were all ready saved, and not just a few. This resort is a very popular destination for groups, and with that said everyone wants to sit by there group. Problem is we are talking LARGE groups 20 to 90 in a group on average. This resort does not allow food out by the pools. This is a plus as you don't have birds dive bombing you all day, and doing there duty all over. Thank you for that policy. I did find that there are many pool umbrella's in need of repair or replacement.

The entertainment staff does a great job keeping people busy all day if they want to be, and don't keep pestering you if you don't. I don't know the name of the guy who rides the tricycle around by the pool, but he is non stop energy, and great at his job. I should also mention the great wait staff out by the pool also they are equally great with the tippers, and non tippers.

Talking with other guest I targeted people traveling with children. They all love the Now Jade when it comes to traveling with kids, and the kids are so excited to go to the kids club. That says volumes when the kids love going! They also have pagers so you can have a nice quiet dinner without the children.

So my one major complaint. Remember the lady that sat us down to do what I thought was my agent resort tour. NOT it is their members program/ time share what ever they choose to call it. I do not like being sucker into things tell me what it is, ask if I want to hear it, don't play games. When I met with a different lady on that 2nd morning, she knew nothing about an agent tour, wanted my credit card, and then I firmly said NOT. Ask for my agent tour, and then she couldn't speak English anymore.

These resorts don't understand that it is us agents that get all the negative feed back from our clients when they play this little game of free stuff, and I want your credit card, and then do unauthorized credit checks.

Would I go back? If I was with a group yes they do a great job with them. If I had young children yes I would. As a friends get away, or as a couple probably not. Groups seem to social stick together, and don't visit as much with other guests.

Please feel free to contact me.

Room Tip: Building 5 close to it all, but it was quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank MikeKatfromWI

Dear Madam,

Thank you for the feedback you have provided on your last visit. Please accept our personal apologies for any inconveniences you have experienced during your stay. We will share your feedback with the entire staff. What you have experienced is not a typical Now Jade Riviera experience.

By evaluating our hospitality, telling us what we do right as well as what we must improve, you help us meet your expectations. Your valuable observations will be shared with the involved departments as well as with the UVC staff.

We were delighted to read that you liked the room and amenities, restaurants, bars as well as the beautiful grounds. Our Entertainment team will be glad to read your comments about their work. Thank you on behalf of them.

Once again, thank you for choosing our hospitality and we look forward to welcoming you back to Now Jade Riviera Cancun in the near future.

With warm regards,

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Jan 4-11. This was my first time to Mexico and I will be back. Although the weather was not the greatest and the beach was red flagged most of the week, it was still amazing. On the days where it was only in the mid 70's, cloudy & windy the entertainment staff at the pool area still made sure everyone had a great time (as well as on the nice & sunny days). Food was great at all locations. Staff at all restaurants did an excellent job. Room was perfect and always clean. Never had to walk far for food, pool or drinks. Darius is an amazing bartender at the beach bar, Cesar is a great bartender at the pool bar. I can't stress enough how great the entertainment team is. They truly made the entire week!
My only negative thing to say is that Now Jade does not offer free wireless. You have to pay for it ($17/day).

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rachel F

Dear Madam,

We are happy to read that you really enjoyed your first time in Mexico and more than you enjoyed your stay at our resort. Your gracious comments will be shared with the operations staff, especially with Darius, Cesar and the Entertainment Team; they are a great asset to our resort.

We very much appreciate your comments that help us to continue improving our facilities and services. We really hope to welcome you in the near future.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I want to start out by mentioning that I sometimes wonder if I statyed in the same resort as other people. Prior to going for 1 0 days over Christmas, I often looked at the reviews on tripadvisor and wondered if I had made a huge mistake at booking at this resort..
I am glad to say that we had a wonderful time at this resort. I am not sure if some people expect perfection or just had a bad experience. Our check in was fine. We had booked 3 rooms that we had asked to be closer together. They didn't have the one room close but were happy to give us a room next door the next day after that party checked out. They moved all our luggage and made it as easy as possible. I found for the most part, staff to be friendy and accomodating. They seemed to go out of their way if needed.
I found that the resort was clean, well cared for. There was always staff cleaning up. I thought the pool area was clean and in good repair..sure there were a few tiles missing. The staff was there daily cleaning and checking the chemical levels. The towels at the pool area were a bit of an issue but we all woke up early twice to save a seat. I think some people lay towels down at night. I have heard this as well in the past and since the hotel was at full occupancy during the Christmas season, i pretty much expected this. I thought the rooms were spacious and clean.
I also expected a wait for our dinners as I am still not sure how the hotel was able to accomodate so many people in the restaurants without feeling cramped and hurried. I thought the food in the evenings at the restaurants was wonderful, small portions but I didn't feel stuffed after I left. You can always order more if you want. We genereally went down at 5 or 5:30 to get a table and would get a time around 7:30-8 for dinner. We would then get ready and make our way down tot the lobby to have a couple drinks before dinner. Worked for us. We didn't want to be finished dinner at 7:00. There was always plenty to see in the lobby to entertain everyone. I thought the buffet was plentiful at breakfast and if you can't find something for everyone there, then you really have a picky eater. We generally ate lunch at castaways which was ok. (better than another buffet!) One thing I found odd is that the pool bar shut down at 4:30. That meant that when we went to our room, the closest place to get a drink would be the lobby. I wished there had been a place somewhere where you could lit around a deck and have appys and drinks. Not a huge issue though.
We took an 18 and a 15 year old who were concerned they were going to be bored. On the contrary, they were always busy. The entertainment crew was FABULOUS!!! They made us feel like part of their family. They had the girls always playing volleyball, etc. Itzel, Manuel, Orlando and David were the best!!! They made the girls trip!!
Overall, I found the resort to be wonderfiul and would return in a heart beat!!! My kids want to go again next Christmas already!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank mollyGrandForks_BC
NowJadeRC, Social Media Coordinator at Now Jade Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Madam,

On behalf of the entire staff of Now Jade Riviera Cancun and myself, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our Resort, among all other resorts within this destination, to enjoy your recent holidays in Cancun. Thank you also for sharing your beautiful photos.

We would like to comment that all the feedback is shared with the operations staff in order to continue improving our services facilities. Our executive chef will be so happy to know you enjoyed the food in the specialty restaurants.

Our Entertainment team will be so happy to read your great comments about their work. Itzel, Manuel Orlando and David will be glad to read how much you enjoyed your stay.

Once again thank you very much your comments and we look forward to welcome you again very soon.