We have just come back from a week at Now Jade for a wedding - a group of around 30 people. A few things really impressed me while we were there.
The resort has put some thought into the layout and keeping things quiet for most of the guests in the evening. There are 1 or 2 weddings a night there it seems, but unless you are right around the buffet area where the receptions are held you don't hear the music. The nightly entertainment is generally held away from sleeping areas too.
The food at the buffet is not the same each day. We kept going to the restaurants in the evenings, but would sometimes have a first dinner at the buffet to taste what was going on. Which leads to...
The gym was good! Not usually too busy, pretty good equipment. They have a lady who comes in every day except Sunday to give pilates classes who was good and able to remember everyone's limitations from the day before! There was also a yoga class that I didn't try out. There were lots of activities by the main pool and the entertainment crew was always ready to get a volleyball, dodgeball or soccer game together. At one point it was just a friend of mine and one other guest playing soccer with the rest being staff. We managed to stay pretty active - which was important with the previously mentioned first and second dinners!
The sand is like very smooth and they rake up any seaweed daily. But most of the beach directly in front of the resort is a bit rocky and not great for swimming, but 100 meters down the beach is amazing! You cannot walk into town along the beach from here so you don't get a bunch of people trying to sell you things as you sit on the beach. You can walk about 2 km down the beach away from town and as Jade Now is the second last resort right now, you are mostly walking past wilderness - very nice.
As other reviews have said Darius the bartender makes a mean drink and runs a fun bar. He was down by the ocean while we were there. Go find him! Ask for the Darius non-sweet special.
If you end up in a double room instead of a king room you can ask staff to push the beds together and they will come with new bedding and set it all up as one big bed for you!
The rooms were very nice and well laid out. The bathrooms were a very nice size but the water temperature cycled between whatever you wanted and scalding, so be warned in the shower.
One more note of warning, if you plan to play tennis bring lots of balls (or use the mostly okay ones from the desk) the fences around the courts are not very high and the balls fit through the chain link if hit at the right angle - we lost 12 balls into the swamp.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun. Located just 12 miles from Cancun International Airport and minutes from the quaint fishing town of Puerto Morelos, Now Jade Riviera Cancun provides guests with 2,640 feet of pure crystal white sand and refreshing azure waters. Guests will become immersed in a setting where style and sophistication meet relaxation and comfort. Each suite is truly exquisite featuring beautiful views of flourishing gardens or crystal clear ocean. This unique property features 550 luxurious suites each complete with private furnished balcony or terrace and Jacuzzi for two. All finely appointed suites offer king size or two double beds, marble floors, air-conditioning with in-room climate control, daily refreshed mini bars and 24-hour room and concierge services. Snorkel, kayak, windsurf or deep sea dive in the vast blue waters or simply relax under the warmth of the sun on the white sandy beach. Perfect your golf swing on one of the famous courses located nearby or indulge a vast set of treatments offered at the world- class spa. Little ones will have the opportunity to partake in many day and nighttime activities provided by the Explorer’s Club for Kids. When the sun sets come enjoy live themed shows in our large indoor theater or sip on a cocktail as you relax at Eclipse Night Club. All this and much more await you at Now Jade Riviera Cancun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Now Jade Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort And Spa
- Nh Hotels Puerto Morelos
- Nh Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos