When reading reviews and paying attention to how hotels rank, compared to other hotels in the same area, it's easy to fret and become neurotic about any bad thing you read about a resort on TripAdvisor. However, I've found that the rankings are quite reliable. And there is a reason the Now Jade is ranked 8th out of 23 hotels in the Puerto Morelos area.
Don't be fooled. The gap between the Excellence Riviera Cancun (ranked the #1 hotel in Puerto Morelos by TA reviewers) and the Now Jade (ranked 8th) is significant. I've now stayed at both and the Now Jade doesn't measure up to the Excellence, nor does it measure up to the Aventura Spa Palace (closer to Playa del Carmen), where I've also stayed.
The Food. If you think of yourself as a foodie, if you cook meals out of Cooks Illustrated at home, or if you are quite selective about what restaurants you go out to back home, you will be very disappointed by the Now Jade restaurants. Our standards are always naturally lowered when we are at an all-inclusive resort, but never have we had such a hard time, as we did at the Now Jade, to find something not only delicious, but even decent, to eat. I had the cheeseburger and fries three times because that was one of the okay things there. The Mexican restaurant was awful. The French restaurant was slightly better, but still sub-par compared to the French restaurant at Excellence, for example. The Italian restaurant (Capers) seemed to be the favorite of those in our party, but the Olive Garden far exceeds Capers in quality, service, and taste...and I can't stand the Olive Garden. The breakfast buffet had little variety and again, it was hard to find something that even looked edible. Castaways is your best bet for lunch. It has open air seating right near the beach and the larger of the two infinity pools. Yeah, I'm a food snob. But there are a lot of us out there and for those of you trying to find a hotel in the P.Morelos area, you've been warned about the Now Jade.
The Room. We went with an ocean front room in the non-preferred section of the resort. The view was absolutely incredible. We were on the top floor too, on a corner as well so we had two decks. The room was fairly clean. There were some ants in the bathroom, but not a disturbing amount and it's hard for these resorts to keep ants out of everything so I didn't hold that against the place. However, in every room there is a jet tub. My wife loves taking a soak at hotels. I thought we'd run the water and the jets a few times before she should even think about getting in. Well, the water was a light brown, no matter how long we ran the water. The tub itself was even stained yellow and light brown from the water. We didn't end up using it. So, don't expect your tub to be perfect at this place. One minor gripe, this place had conditioning shampoo, which didn't even condition your hair at all. It was a gimmick. The mini fridge has sodas, water, and Modelo beer and it was restocked every day. We were happy with that. The bed was uncomfortable. Too soft. It felt like you sunk into it all night long. TV was fine with a decent selection of stations.
Preferred Club. When you check-in to the hotel they will give you a spiel about the preferred area of the hotel and they will also invite you to sit through a presentation about becoming a member of their hotel group. They don't call this a timeshare, but it is essentially, with just the option of staying in a wide variety of resorts owned by the same company. We declined the presentation and you should too, especially if you haven't stayed at one of their resorts yet. The preferred club rooms are barely any different. Their tubs are on the balconies, but as I've noted above, there's a strong possibility that your tub will just spew yellow or brown water and you won't get in it anyways. The preferred club also has two other options for breakfasts, I believe, and access to a lounge with top shelf liquor. If you've made it this far in the review, you'll be disappointed to know that any time you do wander around in the lobby you will have to fend off employees who are trying to get you to buy a timeshare membership or upgrade to a preferred room right away or on your next trip.
Pools. The adults only pool is available to all adults, even if you aren't staying in the preferred area. Remember that. Both sides of the resort have beautiful infinity edge pools. However, on the kids-friendly side, the pools are all broken up and not one long continuous pool. For adults wishing to take advantage of a swim up bar, but also want to be in the infinity edge pool, this will be disappointing. You have to get out of the infinity pool to access the swim up bar pool.
Beach. It was pretty. Beautiful water and sand. You can walk for a decent ways toward the south and you can walk into town to the north as well.
Don't forget, there are better resorts in Mexico. The TA rankings mean a lot and if you need to stay in the Puerto Morelos area, you cannot do better than the Excellence Riviera Cancun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun. Located just 12 miles from Cancun International Airport and minutes from the quaint fishing town of Puerto Morelos, Now Jade Riviera Cancun provides guests with 2,640 feet of pure crystal white sand and refreshing azure waters. Guests will become immersed in a setting where style and sophistication meet relaxation and comfort. Each suite is truly exquisite featuring beautiful views of flourishing gardens or crystal clear ocean. This unique property features 550 luxurious suites each complete with private furnished balcony or terrace and Jacuzzi for two. All finely appointed suites offer king size or two double beds, marble floors, air-conditioning with in-room climate control, daily refreshed mini bars and 24-hour room and concierge services. Snorkel, kayak, windsurf or deep sea dive in the vast blue waters or simply relax under the warmth of the sun on the white sandy beach. Perfect your golf swing on one of the famous courses located nearby or indulge a vast set of treatments offered at the world- class spa. Little ones will have the opportunity to partake in many day and nighttime activities provided by the Explorer’s Club for Kids. When the sun sets come enjoy live themed shows in our large indoor theater or sip on a cocktail as you relax at Eclipse Night Club. All this and much more await you at Now Jade Riviera Cancun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Now Jade Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort And Spa
- Nh Hotels Puerto Morelos
- Nh Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos