“Our honeymoon!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Akron, Ohio
“Our honeymoon!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Arrived September 19. After checking the forecast for the previous two weeks, figured we were going to get washed out for most of our stay. Thank goodness that weather forecasters are consistently wrong. We had beautiful weather. As for the property, our room was awesome, marble throughout with a pretty decent view to boot. The staff were wonderful answering questions and meeting our needs with attentiveness and efficiency. I had read some rather negative reviews about the place and was a little leary before getting there. Let's just say that some folks are nothing but sour grapes. If I had one complaint, it would be that it was too humid. The check-in staff were awesome, housekeeping took very good care of us, the food was awesome. The choices in the Carnival restaurant for breakfast were extensive. The themed restaurants all had great food. The Entertainment Team were great. They even took the time to learn our names and remember us from day to day. I really cannot say enough good things about this place.

Room Tip: Junior suites with ocean views are pretty decent. Just get above floor two or you will be looking a...
2 Thank Pengualloes
NowJadeRC, Social Media Coordinator at Now Jade Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Madam,

On behalf of the entire staff of Now Jade Riviera Cancun and myself, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our Resort, among all others within this destination, to enjoy your honeymoon in Cancun.

We are so happy to learn that you enjoyed our resort as well as the service provided by the staff. We will share your feedback with them, they will be so glad to know they contributed to make more enjoyable your stay.

Our executive chef will be so pleased to hear you enjoyed the food at the specialty restaurants, theme nights and our Carnival Restaurant.

We very much appreciate your comments that help us to continue improving our facilities and services. We wish to have the privilege to welcome you again very soon.

Best regards,

info.nojrc@nowresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,476)
  • Polish first
York, England
Reviewed October 1, 2013

A very welcoming resort with friendly staff, drinks and food were of a good standard but there was a lack of veggie options in some of the restaurants. Pools brilliant, rooms very nice, bed super comfy, some good entertainment.
Some of the previous reviews on here are an unfair reflection of the hotel and not to be taken notice of, some people just can't be pleased!
Our favourite member of staff was Tomas who always kept your drinks topped up, such a hard worker!
Great place for honeymooners and we would love to return someday!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

NowJadeRC, Social Media Coordinator at Now Jade Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Sir,

On behalf of the entire staff of Now Jade Riviera Cancun and myself, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for spending your stay with us, among all other resorts within this destination to enjoy your honeymoon in Cancun.

We will share your comments with the entire staff in order to let them know our guest´s satisfaction. Tomas will be so happy to hear he contributed to make your more enjoyable. Comments like yours encourage our staff to be better.

Warmest regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Me and my partner just returned home from this hotel after a 10day stay. This was just the perfect overall experience we could have asked for from the lovely decoration to the scrumptious food to the most friendliest hotel staff. Me and my partner travel alot and this by far has to be the nicest place we have stayed in a long time. There was so much for us to do the now entertainment guys(Juan,Manu,Geo,David,Javi, Orlando and Paul) done a great job in keeping the hotel entertained throughout the day and early evening. There was so many lovely restaurants to choose from and we never was stuck for something nice to eat as there was such a variety. The bar staff kept you wanting more with their endless colorful alcoholic cocktails and were very friendly too, especially Darius at the mix that guy is amazing we was never bored when he was working i actually enjoyed staying with him till 12 more than the disco he made better drinks and played better music! Arsenio in the lobby was another one for good drinks and he too was extremely pleasant to be around! We booked our excursions through Hugo in the lobby another amazing and helpful guy he really helped us with any problems or issues we had and was never to busy to help. The only negative i have about this hotel is Mark from the unlimited club, we done the tour because of the free vouchers they give you if they do it but we was informed by Ruth when she booked it, that it was only going to take 90mins well that was a lie they kept us for nearly 5 hours trying to get us to book and in the end i was completely drained and felt pressured i hated every minute of it and think something like that should not be forced upon you, especially when you just want to relax on holiday. Other than that our overall experience was amazing and we would definitely return and recommend this hotel to many friends and relatives.

Room Tip: If you are going for tropical view ask for it to be on one of the high floors if not you would be st...
Dear Madam,

On behalf of the entire staff of Now Jade Riviera Cancun and myself, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for spending your stay with us, among all other resorts within this destination to enjoy your recent holidays in Cancun.

We appreciate your positive comments on our resort and service provided by the staff. It’s always gratifying for the whole team to receive these kinds of comments. Juan Manuel, Geo, David, Javi, Orlando, Paul, Darius, Hugo and Arsenio will be so happy to know that their effort and genuine care for our guests is recognized

Your very valuable comments have been shared with the UVC supervisor to improve the service.

Cordially yours,

Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed September 30, 2013

There are some really great reviews on here however; having just returned from this resort, I have to disagree with many of them as I have stayed at several other AI's along the Riviera Maya and this was my least favorite. I'd have to say there are certain expectations that come with an All Inclusive, one being that food will be mediocre and drinks will be watered down which they absolutely were, however, my issue with NOW Jade was the customer service. Not one person seemed like they really cared or enjoyed their job. We waited through an entire meal to get our drinks even after asking nicely several times. We ordered room service one morning and it was an hour before it showed up. Ordering drinks on the beach was a feat as if you did, it didn't show up for 45 minutes and the ice was melted, it was quicker to go to the bar yourself to get it. I didn't feel the pressure of the time shares although they did call our room a few times to come meet with them, we didn't go. Our room was ok, however; housekeeping took our robes after the first day and never replaced them. We had to ask to get new towels even after putting the dirty ones on the floor and the seal on our sliding door to our balcony was hanging off therefore the humidity in the room was so bad the floor was soaked all the time. The power went out one day for awhile, however we just left the room and it was back on when we returned. The nearby town of Puerto Morales was the best part. Just a quick taxi ride and there are some really great restaurants and a sweet little bar in an outside boutique hotel called Posada de Amor that had amazing service and drinks with actual alcohol in them! 3 of our 7 nights were spent in Puerto Morales! One more thing about the resort that I wish I would have researched more was the dress code for the restaurants. They have several but two of them we couldn't go to because we did not bring pants or close toed shoes...we were on vacation...at the beach! So, that was disappointing, but my fault as I should have looked more into it. Guess I will do better next time..

Room Tip: Our room was ocean view in Bldg 1. I thought this would be quiet and serene, not so, we also looked...
2 Thank Abby Z
Dear Sir /Madam

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. We share all of the comments with the operations staff. We sincerely regret that your stay was not what you expected. Thank you for your valuable comments; we will be able to correct the points of the opportunity you found during your stay.

We very much appreciate your comments that help us to continue improving our facilities and services. We really hope to have another opportunity to recover your confidence in our service.

Yours sincerely,

Info.nojrc@nowresorts.com
Fox Lake, Illinois
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Our trip to the Now Jade was everything we could have hoped for and more. Check in was a breeze. The staff was friendly, the food was outstanding. Best of all is the entertainment crew...They were hilarious!! Kudos to Javi, Juan and the rest of the entertainment crew...Also make sure you stop by the lobby lounge and have a cocktail created by Gilliermo.
Cant wait to return!!
The "sisters"

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Madam,

On behalf of the entire staff of Now Jade Riviera Cancun and myself, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our Resort, among all others within this destination, to enjoy your recent holidays in Cancun.

We are so happy to learn that you enjoyed our resort as well as the service provided by the staff. We will share your feedback with them. Javi, Juan, Entertainment team and Guillermo will be so glad to know they contributed to make your stay more enjoyable.

We wish to have the privilege to welcome you again very soon.

With kind regards,

Georgetown, KY
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We traveled to Now Jade September 22-29, 2013. What a wonderful place!!! Upon arrival they greeted us with a cool towel since even at 8:30 pm it was intensely humid. Check in was a breeze and our bellman took us via golf cart to our room. What a room it was! We were in building 1 near the pool. The king size bed with memory foam mattress was the best hotel bed we have ever slept in. Along with the jacuzzi tub, large walk in shower, daily refreshed mini bar, and flat screen tv, it was by far an awesome place to stay. The rooms were impeccably cleaned each day and everything was refreshed. We came back to our room on the second day to a Happy Anniversary sign on our door & the hotel sent us champagne to our room that night. A short walk from our room was the pool. This is where all the activity is...from the excellent bartenders (Manuel & Lorenzo) to the super awesome entertainment crew! Gotta mention these guys by name---Orlando, David, Javier, Manuel, & Juan---what a fantastic group of guys!!!!! Be sure to check out the activities they do, everything from Zumba to volleyball to bar tending contests to the infamous crazy game! Didn't participate a lot but exceptionally fun to watch. I hope these guys are still here when we come back!!! The pool area has plenty of comfortable seating on a first come first serve basis. Drink service around the pool was also impeccable. The beach was pristine...hats off to the workers who have to clean the seaweed everyday! Apparently this is the time of year for seaweed to come in & also the rainy season. Saw plenty of seaweed & not a drop of rain! Not to be overlooked is the food! Carnival buffet has everything you could possibly want for breakfast including some delicious tropical fruits. Castaways near the pool is the place to go if you want some "American" classics---burgers, wings, nachos etc. The hostess Anna is super sweet! We tried the Italian (Capers), Asian (Spice), & French restaurants. Each was very good. We are big fans of Asian food and Spice didn't disappoint! Matter of fact we ate there twice! Also had room service couple of times and everything was great! The shows were something to see! The group that performed the Urban Dance show was amazing!!!! We also enjoyed the different bands and theme nights. All in all, this was a fantastic vacation & we are looking forward to coming back in the future.

4 Thank lilem0520
NowJadeRC, Social Media Coordinator at Now Jade Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Madam,

On behalf of the entire staff of Now Jade Riviera Cancun and myself, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our Resort, among all other resorts within this destination, to enjoy your recent holidays in Cancun.

We are very glad to understand you liked our property and you had a great vacation at our resort. Also thank you for recognizing the staff's job. We will pass it on to our staff, especially with Manuel, Lorenzo, Orlando, David, Javier, Manuel, Juan and Anna.

We very much appreciate your comments that help us to continue improving our facilities and services. We really hope to welcome you again very soon!

Cordially yours,

Info.nosrc@nowresorts.com
Canada
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Sometimes, I like to treat myself to an all-inclusive, though generally, I prefer to travel away from the AI circuit. Now Jade's Preferred Section was offered at a good price online so I booked a few nights.
I arrived to a very attentive introduction by the the bellman and the preferred lounge desk guy. The coupon guy called once I was in my room to tell me I needed to return for the coupons. I told him I had little time and was not interested in them but he said he had to give them to me. Fair enough, I went, he did not insist and was so pleasant throughout my stay, remembering my name and all.
The big pros of this place in my opinion is no bracelet, no towel card and no need to reserve a-la-cartes. The infinity pools are gorgeous and the coffee shop is convenient for nice to-go café lattés. The bed was like a little cloud.
The preferred room was beautiful. Well decorated, tons of storage, great layout. There was a separate lounge area with sliding doors (but the doors were blocked). There was a hottub on the balcony, which I didn't use and which did not have much privacy either (hello to you couple I saw naked on the other side!). Wifi was working but would drop often, needing to sign in again.
Beach is nice, didn't see any rocks. There is bit of seaweed in the water but not as much as when I stayed on the north side of Puerto Morelos. There was no way to walk to town from the beach as rain had flooded parts of Puerto Morelos. Cabs are 100 pesos, which is a lot for the couple minutes it takes... Captive audience...
Food was so-so. I tried Mercure for breakfast a-la-carte and supper, Spice the Asian restaurant, Castaways for lunch and Carnival (the buffet) for breakfast and lunch. My favorite was probably Mercure for supper, tiny portions but I enjoyed the food. Spice's sushi was not very good (rice was warm) and the lunch buffet at Carnival was depressing the one time I went (though I went almost before closing). Many restaurants, like Castaways, had a beautiful seaside setting.
If the food had been very good, this place would have gotten 5 stars from me. Otherwise, it was very well-done, with very attentive staff and beautiful settings.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank gaspezee
Dear Sir / Madam

Thank you for posting your comment on TripAdvisor. It is a pleasure to read that you have had such a satisfying stay with us. We appreciate your feedback given about our property. All of the comments are shared with the resort staff to improve our service in all the possible ways.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Now Jade Riviera Cancun in the very near future.

Warmest regards,

Grand Velas Riviera Maya
#3 of 214 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,989 reviews
Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort

Been to Now Jade Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!