“Fantastic Honeymoon”

Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Fantastic Honeymoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 9 nights in a preferred club ocean front room for our Honeymoon and we absolutely loved it!
This was our first time in Mexico and at the Now Jade, we found the staff all around the hotel to be very friendly, attentive and well mannered (with the exception of a very small few) the staff in the preferred club lounge were especially helpful no matter what your request they did their best to help you out.

The food was good at the resort, the buffet always had a good selection to pick from hot and cold and the restaurants were very nice. We only had to wait to be seated once at the Mexican restaurant but the waiter said we could go to the lobby bar for a drink and he would come and collect us and true to his word 5 minutes later he came and got us so no complaints there. I did however have a very bad stomach for the last few days, I can only imagine its from the food so I do suggest taking some Imodium with you!

We loved the preferred side of the hotel especially the pool area and never really ventured over to the 'party pool' as it was known, the resort is very much American and they sometimes didn't quite understand that the preferred pool was supposed to be the 'quiet pool' but we didn't complain as everyone was there for a good time and to enjoy themselves.

We had a regular turn down service in the hotel room which was very nice, coming back to tranquil music, rose petals on the floor and bed, the room cleaned again and the air con up was always welcome! The jacuzzi on the balcony got a lot of use too although it could have been a little cleaner as I did have to scrub it before each use. The room was always cleaned to a very high standard and the hotel was constantly being cleaned, there wasn't one time where we thought anywhere looked dirty which is impressive for such a huge resort.

The facilities at the resort are second to none, the spa is beautiful, the shops stock everything you could need from forgotten holiday essentials to souvenirs, the jewellers is nice but very pricey, the night club goes on until the early morning if you fancy it, the water sports section has got everything you could want and the prices aren't too bad, you can book all your excursions from the hotel, they have a market on site twice a week and the nightly entertainment is absolutely brilliant, we went every night and there was only 1 night we walked out disappointed so good effort.

The beach at the resort is very big and always clean, the staff are on the beach thought the day getting up any seaweed or anything else that has washed up, the bar staff also come round very regularly to take a drinks order. We never had a problem getting a bed by the pool or beach and there didn't seem to be much 'towel reserving' which was a nice change.

If you are on the preferred side of the hotel you get free wifi in the rooms for one device (although we were offered a second password if we had 2 devices but I think this was because we hadn't been given the password on check in so I had paid for 1 day's wifi at about $17 without knowing you could get it for free) we also got a free 50 minute couples massage as we were on honeymoon which was nice, and a book of vouchers allowing us money off the spa, bottles of wine, jewellery ect... Which got well used.

I would definitely recommend the Now Jade to anyone weather a family or a couple they can cater for everyone's needs, I would suggest upgrading to preferred club if you can as the benefits are well worth it and if you can get the ocean front rooms then do it! Our view really was amazing it definitely helped get you out of bed in the morning!

All round a fantastic time here and would visit again in a heartbeat!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michael H
NowJadeRC, Social Media Coordinator at Now Jade Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Sir / Madam,

On behalf of the entire staff of Now Jade Riviera Cancun and myself, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our Resort, among all other resorts within this destination, to enjoy your recent holidays in Cancun.

We are happy to read you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to make of your vacation and honeymoon an everlasting memory.

We will keep the good and hard work so that when you come back for your first Anniversary you enjoy your stay more than ever.

We very much appreciate your comments that help us to continue improving our service and facilities. We wish to have the privilege to welcome you again in the near future

Cordially yours,

info.nojrc@nowresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,448)
  • Polish first
Bridgeport, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed at the Now Jade resort and the stay could not have been better. I must have stayed in over a few hundred different hotels and they have exceeded the expectation. I also work in the business and could not be more pleased with the stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir / Madam

On behalf of the entire staff of Now Jade Riviera Cancun and myself, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our Resort, among all others within this destination, to enjoy your recent holidays in Cancun.

The resort’s team wants to thank you for allowing us to be part of your holiday vacation. We are truly grateful for your review. Your feedback will be shared with the staff.

Cordially yours,

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

My fiance and I recently returned from another stay in Mexico and we were both very pleased with our choice of Now Jade. I do not understand the bad reviews here because we had a great time and all the nice people we met were all thoroughly enjoying their stay at Now Jade. We have been to many all inclusive resorts and we felt Now Jade was top notch.

First off, the service is GREAT all over the resort. You will have great service in just about every facet of the resort. We truly didn't experience anyone unpleasant in our whole stay which is unheard of in the service industry in the U.S. Isias at the lobby bar was an amazing bartender.

The resort has a large selection of restaurants and bars to choose from. I won't go into detail about each and every one because that has been covered extensively in previous reviews but I will say we encountered a lot of items we liked and a few items we didn't. The hibachi restaurant Spice was our favorite.

There is nightly entertainment and some day time entertainment going on at the resort. If it rains all the entertainment staff congregates in the huge lobby and hosts games and tournaments in ping pong and such. The entertainment staff does a good job of making your stay more pleasant. On Friday nights they have casino night. You play with fake money but are able to use that fake money to buy goods at a mini auction (massages, tequila, shirts, etc.) before the nightly shows. They have shows nightly that start at 9:00 and we felt the were worth checking out. They also have a sports bar that becomes a nightclub nightly at 10:00 pm if you are trying to party.

The resort itself is a huge and well decorated. The lobby is very big and open and has an inviting feel. There are two huge pool sections with one being adults only. We enjoyed spending time at both pools! The restaurants are nice, the spa is nice, and the gym is solid. The rooms are very spacious and their king size beds are HUGE. The A/C is freezing cold, every room has a stocked fridge and mini bar (filled daily), and a huge balcony. We stayed in the preferred club suites and we loved them.We also had a Jacuzzi on our balcony overlooking the ocean that come with the preferred club rooms. We didn't book preferred club we asked for an upgrade when we got there and it was 25.00 extra per day and we felt it was well worth it.

Overall we loved our experience at Now Jade. We will definitely return to stay here again and would recommend to friends and family. We met some great friends on our stay here and made great memories. If you are trying to be a little away from the action of the hotel zone in Cancun then don't be afraid to give Now Jade a look.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MNVikings2011
Dear Sir / Madam,

Our resort was built for everyone to enjoy it and reading your comments we learn that we fulfilled your expectations. Our Entertainment team will be pleased to hear they contributed to make your stay more enjoyable.

We very much appreciate your comments that help us to continue improving our facilities and services. Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to host you again.

Warmest regards,

Woodstock, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed at the Now Jade in January 2013 for a wedding. It was my first taste of the Now resorts. The food was UNBELIEVABLE. Huge selection, great restaurants. Everything was fresh and tasty. The rooms are very modern and spotless. Comfortable beds and great staff! Everyone working there was friendly and eager to help with any requests. Darius the bartender really enjoys his job! The only small downside was the beach. It was small and very rocky. The beautiful pools made up for it though. I would return to Now Jade anytime and I am eager to try other Now resorts!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
NowJadeRC, Social Media Coordinatori at Now Jade Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Sir / Madam,

We were happy to read that you had a nice vacation at our resort. We will share your feedback with the staff, especially with Darius. Thank you for the great comments about our resort.

We very much appreciate your feedback that helps us to continue improving our facilities and services. We really hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Warmest regards

Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Just returned yesterday from the Now Jade had a lot of positives and 1 REALLY bad thing about it. Will just cover the bad first, and it is the SMELL!!! Stayed in building 2 and everytime Walking to and from our room it smells like poop. At first I thought this isn't so bad its just while walking in hall ways but by the 5th day is so nauseating. Asked a staff what the odor is from and they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about. Also talked to the guest on the other side of hotel and they could smell it also. My families thought is they are building a hotel right next to this hotel, it appears that 500 construction workers are there everyday and a ton of porta pottys. We think this maybe source of the odor but who knows.

Only other bad thing about resort is weak drinks. We have been to 8 all inclusive and by far this is the weakest drinks we have ever had. Seeing as we was traveling with kids this was ok..

Rooms are nice, beds are ok, only heard drunk guest in hallway 1 time.

Sit down restaurants was fabulous, our favorite was Cin Cin and the Italian. Lunch was best at the Castaway liked everything on the menu. Service was great at sit downs, and average at the buffet. My kids enjoyed buffet but I never liked it.

Shows where better than most resorts except for the magic show, which was our least favorite.

Entertainment staff was the best! Our kids are both boys 10 & 16 and got involved in activities everyday. We had a blast everyday!

Ocean and beach was beautiful. Only downside was the amount of rocks in the ocean! Was a bit of a disappointment.

Everything was great and kids had a blast will try another Dreams or Now resort but will not return to this one due to the SMELL.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank diastolic
Oak Lawn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

While the basic room categories supply the, well, basics..the Preferred Club
does kick up the perks, amenities for this resort. Honestly, the guests at the wedding
made all the difference. The family & friends knew how to enjoy their company
& all the aspects of the resort. Such great young people, all looked like models!

Room Tip: Any room in the Preferred Club. Great views, the sea, the pool!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir / Madam,

We would like to comment that all of the comments are shared with the staff.

We very much appreciate your comments that help us to continue improving our facilities and services. We really hope to welcome you again in the near future.

With kind regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stay at the adults only area and only visited the "other side" occasionally. Great stuff, outstanding excellent service, love the mini bar at out lobby and our infinite-swimming-pool. The beach is a bit rough, but if all I wanted is to swim in the ocean and/or the pool, so it was great for me. There is a life-guard standing right on top of the rocks to keep you safe and not bothered by locals who sometimes swim from the water to the resort beach area to... god knows what... I felt very safe, comfortable, and welcomed at the resort. The service is, what can I say but a five star service; I didn't even feel the presence of the one of the server (I forgot his name unfortunately), I asked for a electric lime and then opened my book to read, a little while later I noticed there it is my drink already on the side-table! I wonder when and how on earth he brought it here with out even making a sound! Now, that is an outstanding service! Can't wait to go back! Loved the resort!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
#2 of 213 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,925 reviews
Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort

Been to Now Jade Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!