Background: Our stay was from July 7-12. I'm a mid-twenties teacher with a mid-twenties boyfriend who works as a cook in New York City, so we knew going in that we hadn't spent an astronomical amount so we weren't surely going to get anything stellar. What we got was a beautiful beach, decent food, hit-or-miss drinks and a generally good week of relaxation.
The "Vacation Club" Pitch, aka Time Share Nonsense:
STAY. AWAY. I repeat: STAY AWAY. Do not be fooled, other young couples who think that a 50 dollar travel credit is a fair trade for the EXCRUCIATING and DESPICABLY RUDE 1 1/2 hours of your life that you are required to exchange for it. Upon arrival, my boyfriend and I agreed to participate because the concierge's description was rather vague and made it seem like everyone sits through the "presentation breakfast." I went to the gym beforehand, my boyfriend slept in, and so we were unprepared for the first part of the dance: a half hour of paperwork in the lobby. After filling out various forms, we were shepherded to a sales rep who was very sweet and very intent on getting us young twenty-somethings to agree to something that there is no way we can realistically afford. That's when the dogs came out: Gina, the manager who wears enough makeup for a drag show in Vegas (ever heard of professionalism?), snapped at my boyfriend as he was looking at me, saying, "hi, I'm over here." He was just trying to find the most polite way of declining a nearly $40,000 time share pitch! As we attempted to reiterate, yet again, that we simply could not afford this kind of investment for various reasons, she asked, "What is it? It's a yes or no question." We left the 1 1/2 "meeting" with a terrible taste in our mouths and irritable tempers like you would not believe...DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT AGREE TO THE SALES PITCH.
Our room was upgraded upon arrival to an ocean view room in building three. We had a great view, but our AC wasn't doing the best job cooling the room...we couldn't get it to go below 75 degrees, which wasn't much relief from the 90 degree weather outside our balcony windows. We didn't stay in our room much, we preferred the awesome hammocks in the adults-only pool!
My boyfriend's a cook at one of the best restaurants in NYC, so believe me when we say that the food was decent, even surprising. The breakfast buffet had a few tasty Mexican options each morning (hit or miss on some of the textures/flavors, but hey, thanks for trying!), and room service actually arrived 35 minutes later on the dot each of the three times we ordered it.
Tamarindo = THE WORST of them all, stay away if you actually like Mexican/want it to keep its integrity in your heart
Spice = the best meal we had, with the best portions...also the best drinks!
Mercure = second best meal, TINY portions...we ordered room service immediately after
Castaways = decent lunch options, much better than the lunch buffet
NOTE: If you're a healthy eater, be prepared to put that aside. Vegetables are hard to come by...the salads don't offer much nutrition, as they're of the iceberg lettuce and matchstick carrot variety. Breakfast is the healthiest meal option of the day!
SO hit or miss. The Reef bar in the adult pool had the best drinks, or the bar on the beach. Order the dirty monkey - it's for real!
Very polite and friendly...apart from the lobby staff, who never seemed to have the time of day for any questions about the buildings, various amenities, etc. All the waiters were also very rushed, and didn't go out of their way (probably because many people don't tip, but we did and it paid off in the end!).
Book with Alltournative tours. The Jungle Maya excursion to Tulum was our absolute favorite thing we did! SO worth the extra expenses: rappelling down into a cenote? Can you say you've done that yet? No? Exactly! DO IT.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun. Located just 12 miles from Cancun International Airport and minutes from the quaint fishing town of Puerto Morelos, Now Jade Riviera Cancun provides guests with 2,640 feet of pure crystal white sand and refreshing azure waters. Guests will become immersed in a setting where style and sophistication meet relaxation and comfort. Each suite is truly exquisite featuring beautiful views of flourishing gardens or crystal clear ocean. This unique property features 550 luxurious suites each complete with private furnished balcony or terrace and Jacuzzi for two. All finely appointed suites offer king size or two double beds, marble floors, air-conditioning with in-room climate control, daily refreshed mini bars and 24-hour room and concierge services. Snorkel, kayak, windsurf or deep sea dive in the vast blue waters or simply relax under the warmth of the sun on the white sandy beach. Perfect your golf swing on one of the famous courses located nearby or indulge a vast set of treatments offered at the world- class spa. Little ones will have the opportunity to partake in many day and nighttime activities provided by the Explorer’s Club for Kids. When the sun sets come enjoy live themed shows in our large indoor theater or sip on a cocktail as you relax at Eclipse Night Club. All this and much more await you at Now Jade Riviera Cancun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone and Travelocity so you can book your Now Jade Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort And Spa
- Nh Hotels Puerto Morelos
- Nh Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos