Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort(Puerto Morelos)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
La Casa de los Angeles(Puerto Morelos)
  • Pool
Hotel Hacienda Morelos(Puerto Morelos)
  • Pool
Hotel el Moro(Puerto Morelos)
View Hotel
Cabanas Puerto Morelos(Puerto Morelos)
View Hotel
Suites 918 Hotel(Puerto Morelos)
Condo-Hotel Marviya(Puerto Morelos)
  • Beachfront
9,775 results
All reviewscin cinmix barcarnival buffetpreferred clubentertainment teamadult poolfrench restaurantocean viewpreferred areapreferred poollobby barspice restaurantsexy chocolateother resortsgreat resortpool conciergepreferred room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This was our second time at the Now Jade resort in Cancun and this place just keeps getting better! The hotel is about 20 minutes from the airport, which is very convenient. We stayed in the Preferred Club area, where we treated like royalty for our anniversary. This area was more quiet than the other side, making it relaxing. The resort (on the preferred club side) is built on a U shape, providing a great view of the pool, beach and ocean!
The suite has a separate living, bedroom area, Jacuzzi tub on the balcony, king size bed and lots of closet space, plus a bidet in the toilet area. Sliding doors to balcony from the living and bedroom area, very happy with the room.

The food at Now Jade is out of this world.
All the restaurants have excellent food, you won’t leave hungry. For breakfast we went to the buffet, which was wonderful. Anything you could ever want was there. The restaurant wait was not long. We would go around 6:00 p.m. so it wasn’t busy. If you go later there was usually a line. All the restaurants were outstanding and I did not have one complaint.
The service was outstanding. The people working there were friendly and very welcoming. Everyone there was so helpful. It is always a pleasure going to a place that has a staff that is so caring, and go above and beyond to ensure your stay is fantastic.
Overall this hotel and my experience there was the best. We loved it and plan on going back. This place is not too big and everything is within walking distance. Some resorts are so big that you need a bus in order to get to the pool. When we arrived they welcomed us saying “welcome home” and man did they make me feel like I was home. This place has a wonderful, up beat environment that makes your stay that much enjoyable and memorable.
I’ve read all the negative reviews about this place before going and from my experience people cry over the stupidest thing. I do not have one complaint about this place.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank walternj
NowJadeRC, Social Media Coordinator at Now Jade Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Madam,

On behalf of the entire staff of Now Jade Riviera Cancun and myself, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our Resort for the second time, among all others destination, to enjoy your recent holidays in Cancun.

Thank you very much for your generous feedback. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the service provided by the staff. Here at Now Jade Riviera Cancun we encourage our associates to anticipate guests’ needs and forge a lasting relationship. We will certainly pass on your wonderful comments to our staff.

We very much appreciate your feedback that helps us to continue improving our facilities and services. We wish to have the opportunity to welcoming you in your third visit.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We visited The Now Jade May 10 – 17th 2013 and our summery opinion is that the Now Jade is a viable choice if you are on a budget and aren’t expecting the best in food & service.

We came for barefoot, beach and booze and got it. Could have been better, but not at the price. I found The Now Jade to be a cross between a Carnival cruise and a lower end Marriott resort. The experience was good, the value was very good. I think that for a family on a budget with beach loving kids this place would be very hard to beat

FACILITY & ROOMS: The room was very nice. We had a good view of the pool and an ok view of the sea. We were on the third floor but if we were below that there would be no sea view. Based on reviews and talking to other guests they will reassign you till you stop complaining. We chose Preferred Club to avoid the construction. . We got a nicer big ol honkin' spotless room in a better location, expedited check in, "free" Internet (for one device) , access to Mecure for breakfast, and the Lounge. Nice but no big deal. Non PC guests can get Internet access, but it is very expensive and intermittent. They charge PER DEVICE. No sharing pass codes. See the Jacuzzi in the brochure? It's a bathtub for all to see. Not a romantic opportunity. You kids will find it a hoot! The PC versus non PC debate is a coin toss in my book. If I come back I'll save the $500 and be a non-priority. I love fine construction and was impressed with the architectural details of the room. However in the common areas outside polished marble was used in wet areas which is a poor choice. Beautiful but slippery when wet.

SERVICE: - Good to excellent. They overreacted to urgent needs, but were hit or miss for routine requests. Generally speaking, the staff was polite, but a bit harried. My guess is there are management and staffing issues. They have a tough job.

BEACH & POOLS: The pools are nice. Cold as ice in the first 60 seconds, but refreshing after that. The adult pool plays an electro music 4 bar beat over and over and over. Fits with the NOW new, hip and sophisticated image they are trying to project, but boomers like me find it annoying as a dripping faucet. So, we spent our day on the beach with the surf serenading us. The beach was fine by me. Walk to the Preferred Side you run into the El Cid Marina, the other way goes on for miles of deserted beach. Good beach walking. The staff raked it daily. I didn't see a big problem with the rocks. The vegetation and jellyfish can be very thick after a storm (no different than the Florida Gulf Coast)

BOOZE: There are some brands you know but you must ask. If you are highly brand sensitive (you will only drink Grey Goose) you will be out of luck. I normally drink good bourbon, but not here. Their “Top Shelf” isn’t … top shelf here is Kentucky Club bourbon, Passport scotch, (Crown is ONLY in the Preferred Club), Havana Club and Bacardi rum, Smirnoff and Stoli vodka. Everything else is generic. The only beer I saw was Corona on tap, Bud light (scarce) and Modello in cans. Wine: The house red wine is a drinkable Cab Merlot blend from Chile. At least it didn't come out of a box. The Chard was better than fair and the "Champaign" is a sweet sparkling white from France. Fine for mimosas – not bad actually. They do offer an extra charge wine list and have a good selection of varietals but the prices are unusually high and the vineyards are questionable.

DINING: We are early diners and we liked the flexibility of no reservations. We do have very mixed opinion about the dining here. We came for “barefoot, beach & booze” – not for a culinary experience. If you expect The French Laundry, you will be very disappointed. Be realistic. 550 rooms. That's 1100 - 1400 people. The food is about the same as a cruise ship. However there are two interesting exceptions – 1) Castaways was very good! I like beach bars and this one had good food. With Castaways, what you see is what you get is simple & straightforward. … Their fish tacos and ceviche were very good. Almost excellent! 2) Room service was spot on! We used room service twice for early breakfast. The food was hot and tasty and the service was within 3 minutes of promised. The others were just ok. I think Mecure and Cin Cin are trying to project a sophisticated foodie image but really failed miserably. I guess it’s in what the diner considers “fine dining.” The service was attentive (not aloof like others experienced) but the food was trying to reach. I rather be served a good burger than mediocre escargot, but maybe that’s me. When I’m on “island time” I’d rather wear shorts at night and eat a burger by the beach rather than nouvelle cusine. (or in this case nueva cosina)

NOTE: I have been on Weight Watchers over a year now and if you want to be "good" here you can. There is a fair amount of fish, veggies & fruit available. I think the Grouper is local, so it's fresh. Try the green juice. It looks awful, but it's tasty.

ACTIVITIES: We are usually asleep by 11PM so our idea of the nightlife is slumbering in the bed. If you are a party animal go somewhere else. This place is very family friendly. They try to entertain and they have something going on every night, but it just didn’t attract us. The last bar closes at 1 am.

Room Tip: The better rooms are more expensive.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Richard S

Dear Madam,

On behalf of the entire staff of our resort and myself, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our Resort, among all others within this destination, to enjoy your recent holidays in Cancun.

It is very refreshing to know that your expectations were completely fulfilled and that we could make your stay a memorable one. We highly appreciate the time you took out of your busy time to share these important comments, same that will be commented our operations staff.

We very much appreciate your feedback that helps us to continue improving our facilities and services. We wish to have the opportunity to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

We were just here at the Now Jade 5/14-5/18 and can honestly state that the resort does an out-standing job in service, quality and providing an incredible experience. We would advocate the upgrade to preferred status. It gives you access to the wi-fi and the club which is a great repose from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the resort. Food was exceptional, especially in restaurants, surpassing our expectations with quality and presentation. A real effort was made to make us feel welcome and always to meet any need we had. Superb resort.
Room's beds were a bit small which was another reason for our upgrade. Slight odor in our room from water/sulfur. That is the only negative that comes to mind. Tip well and your mixed drinks are stronger. Communicate often with the folks and they will go out of their way to make your trip awesome. We did go thru the time-share presentation (for spa coupons) and regretted it. The spa credits were nice but in retro-spect we probably would have been better off just paying for the spa and enjoyed more time at beach or pool. Better understanding of how it all works now and it was a great trip.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank brentbanks

Dear Sir / Madam,

On behalf of the entire staff of Now Jade Riviera Cancun and myself, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our Resort, among all others within this destination, to enjoy your recent holidays in Cancun.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us through Tripadvisor about your stay with us. We appreciate and value your comments and will share them with the staff to improve our service in all possible ways. We always work with the whole purpose to make you feel comfortable.

We very much appreciate your comments that help us to continue improving our facilities and services. We wish to have the opportunity to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

In April we were at Now Jade resort in Cancun and were very surprised to experience inadequate service provided to the guests. I think many travelers either do not know what the five stars hotel is and/or just rookies when it comes to leisure and hospitality. I have been to many resorts on the island and this by far is the worst I have stayed at.

I want to start with “Preferred Club,” which is in reality not "preferred" because all guests do not have anything that would separate them from general to preferred. It is the foolish thing to assume that if you are a preferred member you will be treated differently. Granted that in the restaurants they may ask you for your room number and you will be privileged to eat at the preferred French Cuisine restaurant and get a free internet access, but that is about it as far as your benefits can go being the preferred member. There are no reservations for any of the 5 restaurants and that completely sucks. You need to get to the place as early as possible. I saw people having lunch at 5pm, whereas the majority is still basing under the sun on the beach. If you get to the restaurant at 7pm, you will not be seated until 1.5 – 2 hours later. The shortest wait time is 45 minutes and that is still too long to wait, especially after a lot of sun and water, which make your metabolism even higher than it is normally.

Breakfast on the first day was a disappointing thing. You can actually see in the eyes of some of the guest. There was a line to can bacons because the tray was completely empty. Kitchen employee announced that there is no more bacon and it felt really bad to experience this at 830am. I guess what she meant that there is some on the way, but the language barrier twisted this into no more words coming out of her. You should have seen the faces. It was sad.
In addition, all restaurants offer very small portions. If you like to eat you will be disappointed how small those dishes are and you wonder why after an hour of your meal you want to eat again. Of course, for those of us who are trying to watch what and how much we eat, this is an ideal thing. But for real gourmands this would be an insult.

Now, let’s talk about liquor. This is not an upscale resort if you do not have a good cognac. I asked if there was Hennessey and to my surprise the resort does not have it in any of the bars lounges, not even for the preferred members. Nor there is Grey Goose, Don Julio or any other good stuff that you would normally see in the 5 stars Mexican resort. This was my first experience of not having this available to the guest even for a fee. Normally, some resorts would have it for an extra fee, but this one does not even carry those beverages. Oh well, we decided to outside of the resort and get couple of bottles just to enjoy the real brands instead of the cheap ones offered here.

The beach is okay. Enough space for all. The beach beds are $25.00 per day, but did not really care. After all, it is all about comfort rather than money.

Entertainment is mediocre. Some shows but not really a lot creativity on the part of the resort. Some resorts have at least valuable guest interaction and at best great shows. This one did not have either one.

Rooms are kept clean and well taken care of. Of course, some of them need a bit of upgrade; for the most part they have all the standard amenities you would normally expect.
The interior design of the place is a bit old fashion and there is no WOW thing in the entire place. Stores do not carry huge variety of items. There is no duty free or nice brand name closing outlets. No casino, although there is something that resembles casino entertainment poorly set up in the main lobby ones or twice a week. Live music, but not every night. Sport bar for those who likes to party late hours. There is also a bad sewer smell like throughout the resort, especially in the morning hours. Not sure what is going on, but the odor is stingy and very unpleasant.

Kids club is actually good. Our daughter spent a lot of time there. Nice program with many activities and most importantly not overcrowded.

The place is oriented to cater to Americans and Canadians, and just a few Latin Americans. We did not run into any Europeans, so the population is a predictable crowd with not a lot of taste and experience in travel.

My general opinion is it ismy first and last time at this resort. My wife is a travel agent and we decided that we won’t recommend our clients this resort, not unless there are major improvements to really be a 5 stars, not the 2 stars it is in reality.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Boris Y

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us through Tripadvisor about your stay with us. We appreciate and value your comments and will share them with the staff to improve our service in all possible ways. We always work with the whole purpose to make our guests feel comfortable.

We sincerely regret we did not fulfill your expectations. One of our main goal is to get the total satisfaction from our guests; knowing that in your case this wast not fulfilled is very disappointed to us.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

A group of 6 of us traveled to this property last April. We have been to several AI resorts in MX and the DR, and had mixed feelings about NOW Jade.

Things we liked:
No towel cards, and plenty of towels available.
The coffee bar
The layout of the rooms, especially the bathroom with large shower.
Great A/C and water pressure.
Infinity pool right on the beach.
Ambience at the Japanese restaurant--nice setting (we did not do the Teppanyaki)

Things we did not like:
Tennis courts on the roof
Beach was so-so.
Food was mediocre at best
Ambience at the main bar, and the quality/availability of the alcohol was unacceptable. If you are going to advertise a certain "level" of alcohol, it should be available. We are not big drinkers, but to be repeatedly told they were "out" of name brand alcohol was annoying.

We are active people, and found the activities were also hit or miss. We enjoyed the bike ride to Puerto Morelos, but other events sometimes never happened, or were quite late in starting.

In sum, we felt the minuses outweighed the pluses. We are trying the ERC in the fall.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank platform10S

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us through Tripdavisor. All of the comments are addressed to the involved departments in order to improve our service in all possible ways.

We appreciate very much your comments that help us to continue improving our facilities and services. We wish to have the opportunity to welcoming you again in the near future.