“Large Group - Destination Wedding” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Now Jade Riviera Cancun

Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia
“Large Group - Destination Wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Just got back from our large wedding at NOW Jade, Riviera Cancun. Everything was AMAZING! We were lucky enough to have 126 of our closest friends and family come celebrate with us.

The resort is absolutely beautiful. Everything from the restaurants, bars, staff, pools and beaches were great - not sure how anyone else would disagree.

If anyone is looking for a destination wedding, I highly recommend NOW Jade. Wedding planners Pilar & Deisy are truly amazing at what they do. To all the future brides out there - don't stress!!! Everything comes together once you're there in person and your day will be PERFECT.

Long story short, our group had the best time ever - I wish we could do it all over again!!

Room Tip: We were upgraded to the Preferred Section which was awesome. When you check in, ask if your room is...
2 Thank Bernadette M
NowJadeRC, Social Media Coordinator at Now Jade Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Sir/ Madam,

On behalf of the entire staff of Now Jade Riviera Cancun and myself, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our Resort for your wedding, among all others within this destination, to enjoy your recent holidays in Cancun.

It is great to know that your wedding was a memorable one and you had an enjoyable stay with us. Your gracious comments about the resort facilities and staff will be shared with them, especially with Pilar & Deisy. They will be pleased to know that your wedding was what you were expecting.

We really hope to welcome you soon or for your first wedding anniversary.

With our kind regards,

info.nojrc@nowresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,414)
  • Polish first
Brampton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We just returned from Now Jade and would definitely not go back. We were with friends who have been to Mexico 18 times (6th for us). The room we had faced construction and smelled like sewage outside. It took 3 days to move us to a better room. Glasses at pool bar were rinsed in a bucket of water, gross. I got sick the 2nd day we arrived and was sick all week. Food was ok, The French restauarant was the best. The Italian restauarant we had a miserable waiter. We had just finished dessert and he came over and said quote unquote "Can you leave now we need your table" What the???? My husband was standing up trying to finish his wine. Some of the staff were great and some were so so. Had to ask for towels for our room twice, however the rooms were really nice and clean. I think this hotel has postential if some one else was running it. This all stems from poor management. You can read this reveiw and say just another complaining traveller. We have been a to Cuba, Dominican and Mexico several times and I have never felt the need to write a review so you can beleive this or not but trust me Do not waste your money on this one. There are plenty of better hotels to go Like The Barcelo, Valentin, Secrets etc. We travelled from April 20-27 2013 Oh one more thing, you could only get Corona at the pool bar and it was warm. Sometimes you could get bud light at the lobby bar.
Cindy B

Room Tip: Do not stay on the construction side you can not sit on your balcony for the smell and the noice
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Cindy B
NowJadeRC, Social Media Coordinador at Now Jade Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Sir / Madam,

The comments you made, have been shared with all our executive staff, who are grateful for the opportunity you give us to correct and improve the services we render to our fine clientele. Situations like the one you experienced are an exception rather than a rule.

We appreciate very much the time you took to share your feedback with us through Tripdavisor. We wish to have the privilege to welcome you again in the near future.

Squamish, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We recently had a week at the Now Jade and had a fantastic time! We were married there as well and do they ever know how to put together a wedding!! I had my worries of course, being the bride-to-be if it would all go down well but I needn't have worried! They are like a fine tuned machine with weddings! It was perfect! They must do 2 to 3 weddings a day down there so they really know their stuff! Also we have a daughter, 4, who loved their Kids Club! So nice for her and the adults! It was our first time at an all inclusive holiday and we felt very pampered and had a most wonderful time! The staff are all very friendly and accomodating. The resort very clean and the beach was fantastic! We would definitely go again!!

Room Tip: Stay on the north side as construction on the south side and swamp on the west side. If you can, up...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Michelle O
Dear Sir / Madam,

On behalf of the entire staff of Now Jade Riviera Cancun and myself, we would like to takethis opportunity to thank you for choosing our Resort, among all other within this destination, to enjoy your recent holidays in Cancun.

We really appreciate and value your time to write a review about your recent stay at our resort. All of the comments are greatly welcomed as they enable us to continue providing the great service that characterizes us.

We are so happy to learn about your daughter love for the Explorer´s Club activities.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future.

With my best regards,

JOLIET
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We (2 couples in our 50's) stayed in Now Jade Apr. 20-27th. We booked Preferred Club and suggest this if you like that little extra pampering. You have access to restaurants for all your meals instead of going to the buffet, larger rooms and access to the Preferred Lounge for snacks / drinks til 11:00 pm. Check in-out was expedited with Preferred Club also.
Cleaning service did top notch job 2 times / day. Drink service at most bars, and especially the adults only pool VERY good. And for first time ever we didn't have to wear any wrist bands!
Doesn't sound like a big deal but scratch yourself while showering, especially after getting a bit of a sunburn and you'll know what I'm talking about! Plenty of chairs / umbrellas around the pool and many palapas on the beach. This is definately one of the nicer places we're stayed
in the past 11 years of vacationing in Mexico.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BARRY O
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for taking time to write a review on the Now Jade Riviera Cancun. Positive feedback is always welcome and our team takes inspiration from knowing that their efforts do not go unnoticed.

We are so happy to hear our resort is one of the best you have stayed of vacationing in Mexico. We really look forward to welcoming you back to the Now Jade Riviera Cancun in the near future.

Olivia Rodriguez
Info.nojrc@nowresorts.com
Aberdeen, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed at Now Jade from April 20th thru April 27th with a group of 53 people. This resort was "Top Shelf" all the way. The prefferred check in process was effortless with our rooms ready upon arrival. Everyon in the preferred Lounge carries customer service to the hilt. Our room (Prefferred Ocean front) was perfect. Everyone in our group ate a different alacarte every night with no problems in reservation needed and the food was all great. I hghly reccomend the Mercur for Filet Mignon. The buffets was great for breakfast and lunch; however don't miss the only alacarte lunch on the other side at Castaways. The Beach was perfect - yes a few rocks but just walk around them - you can see your feet as far as you can walk. I had a problem with my internet service on the prefrred side and there was a tech in the room within 10 minutes of my call. Room service was great. The entire facility is spotless clean. I was very satisfied and will seek out other AM resorts!

Room Tip: Room 9104 is the best prefferred room you can get.
1 Thank Justagrocer
Dear Sir / Madam,

On behalf of the entire staff of Now Jade Riviera Cancun and myself, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our Resort, among all others within this destination, to enjoy your recent holidays in Cancun.

We are happy to learn how much you enjoyed at our beautiful resort. Thank you for your feedback and observation, we will share them with the operations staff .

Our executive chef will be so pleased to read you enjoyed the Filet Mignon from the Mercure Restaurant and the international buffet at the Carnival Restaurant.

We will be glad to welcome you again to the Now Jade Riviera Cancun or other of our brother resorts.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Took this resort as a last minute change from Westjet Vacations. Had booked a Villa Suite at GR Princess for 10 nights and was then informed by WJ that Princess were overbooked. Since I had fully paid WJ, they had to give me my money back if I didn't agree, and I told them I would take the switch but only with some sort of compensation. They went back to Princess and got me 10 nights no charge at Princess anytime in the next year if I took the Now Jade switch. Have received my free stay voucher for Princess, and the Now Jade was a pleasant surprise.
Now Jade is part of AM Resorts which also owns Dreams, Secrets, and Zoetry, and is their entry level resort but they carry over a lot of what makes the others top line. No towel cards or restrictions is great. Really liked the no reservations for dinner. Have found in the past that once you have a reservation you are tied to that time and sometimes want another hour at the pool. I have a tight schedule at work, don't need one on vacation.
There is one thing to note here that is very important. There is a huge difference between Preferred Club and regular. When we arrived, everyone on our shuttle was sent to the front desk to line up, while we were escorted past that fiasco and taken to the Preferred Club lounge. We had a drink, given our key, and escorted to our room. Didn't even need to sign anything or hand over a credit card for incidentals. Our room was a two room suite just off the beach and adult pool. The suite had a spacious living room, separate bedroom with en-suite large walk in shower and dual sinks. There was then a separate powder room with toilet and sink. The balcony was huge, stretching all the way across the suite and had a large jacuzzi. Wifi is included in your preferred package and worked perfect everyday in the room. For those reviewers saying wifi was "horrible" and never worked, I might suggest you check your device. I logged onto my Ipod everyday, no issues. Had room service breakfast twice, it was both times quite good, and delivered within 30 minutes. Another perk to P Club is the P Club lounge. They had a very nice continental breakfast which we took advantage of 5-6 times. Finally for P Club breakfast, you have an alacarte option at the French Restaurant which was fabulous. We ventured over to the other side one day (non P Club) and even the buildings themselves are a downgrade. Cramped, little if anything by way of view, less marble and flowers in the walkways, balconies were half the size.
A few comments on the resort.....We found the food excellent. Buffet was well, a buffet, what can you say? Blah? Ate lunch there twice, whatever. The restaurants however were excellent. Asian was very good, but both the French and Italian were excellent. Tried the Mexican as well, was ok, but not a big fan of Mexican cuisine, so no further comment.
The beach is very nice. The area around the P Club section is rocky, but head down the the regular area and it is fine although a little sea weed in the water. Even better, keep going past the end of the resort, around the area were the construction is and the water is nothing but sand and is crystal clear. Don't think you need to stay right on the resort, beaches are public, go where you want.
There are two pools, one on the regular side which is bigger, and pretty much a gong show. Lot's of kids, both the 10 year old kind and the 30 year old kind acting like the 10 year old kind. "Look at me honey, I get free booze and I know how to hold it...no really"
The pool on the Preferred side is adults only and designated a quiet pool. Keep in mind, this is available to all guests, not just P Club, but adults only and no party. Must commend the resort here, as when one of the wedding groups got a little rowdy a guy came and told them they were welcome to move the party to the other side, or quiet down here.
As to the claim a bed, or towel game, yes it is in full effect here but what are you to do? Listen, I'm not a vet at this as while we have traveled extensively in this area, in the last three resorts we had a swim out suite. I went down before 7 every morning and claimed my spot just like others were doing. The pool has these great pool beds, thick mattress, top and sides etc., but there are only 15 and you ain't getting one after about 7:30. I would grab one and a lounger beside it, and head back to the room for coffee and breakfast, then head to the pool around 9 for the day. The only people who seem to complain are the people who don't come down till till later. What is the diff? Once you have a spot you can't say those people can never go for breakfast or lunch, or to the bathroom for that matter without losing their spot, whether they claimed it at 7 AM or 10 AM. Are you supposed to say to your partner, " hey babe I'm going to take a romantic walk up the beach, watch our stuff so no one claims our spot, then you can go when I get back"?

Anyway, all in all a great stay. A couple of minor issues to comment on...
The resort doesn't offer a great deal at night and it is a little far from anywhere. A cab to Playa would be pricy. A cab to Porto Morales is only $10 but nothing going on there at night. Some reviewers complain on that $10. Give me a break, a cab in a major city costs you $4 to close the door and a three block run will be $10 easy.
Housekeeping was good but never saw them till very late afternoon. Suppose someone has to be last on the list and I guess it was us, but I'm talking 4:30 or 5. This was annoying the couple of times we got back to the room early but not a huge deal.
I was annoyed that our fridge was missed 3-4 days. However I called room service for ice and asked who to call about the fridge and they simply sent up whatever I wanted.
The ice is another thing, I could not find a functioning ice machine. But again, room service sent a big bucket within 10 minutes.
Overall this a great resort, minor complaints as above, but had a great time. My only recommendation might be to go Preferred Club, there is a big difference.

Room Tip: Go preferred club, try for building 7 or 9. Closest to beach
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us through Tripdavisor. We really appreciate your time to write a review about your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your photos.

We would like to mention that all of the comments are shared with the operation staff to improve our services. We are happy to read you enjoyed the food at the specialty restaurants.

We very much appreciate your comments that help us to continue improving our facilities and services. We wish to have the privilege to welcome you again in the near future.

Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Very nice resort. Quick 20 min trip from the Cancun airport which is a real plus compared to the 1-1.5 hr bus rides to other resorts.
Hotel staff very friendly and accommodating. Wait staff very friendly and great service.

Is a smaller property which adds to the charm of this resort. The beach is nice, don't listen to the negative comments, you just need to swim in the area that is less rocky.
Have breakfast out on the deck of the buffet over looking the beach , its beautiful ,and if you lucky enough to have Martin as your waiter well............. it doesn't get any better.

Gordon C
Dart N.S.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the Tropical side that faces the new construction. Watch out for the reps trying to sel...
1 Thank GC1962
Dear Sir,

On behalf of the entire staff of Now Jade Riviera Cancun and myself, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our Resort, among all other within this destination, to enjoy your recent holidays in Cancun.

We are happy to read you enjoyed your stay and the friendly staff & accommodating. We will share your gracious comments Martin, he will be glad to know that he contributed to make your stay a memorable one.

We appreciate very much your comments that help us to continue improving our facilities and services. We wish to have the privilege to welcome you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Morelos
BlueBay Grand Esmeralda
BlueBay Grand Esmeralda
#92 of 212 in Playa del Carmen
4.0 of 5 bubbles 8,916 reviews

Been to Now Jade Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!