We stayed at the Now Jade Puerto Morelos in January for our daughters wedding. This is probably our 15th or more trip to the Mayan Riviera, staying at a wide variety of resorts.
-The resort is 30 minutes from Cancun and the Airport
-If you don’t like large resorts, this is a medium sized resort and easy to get around
-The service from 99% of the staff was better than many of the higher calibre resorts, we had been to.
-Gym is decent sized
-Buffet food is above average (based on other resorts we have been to) Service was mostly good.
-Puerto Morelos is only a 30 minute walk from the resort. Decent shopping.
-Lounge chairs are usually available, on the beach
-A-la-carte restaurants were good 7/10
-The resort coffee shop was excellent. Our favourite pit stop during days nights, and in between
Cappuccinos, which were served (throughout the resort), were properly made, not the powdered machine-dispensed variety.
-The rooms were very nice, ours had somewhat of a view, terraced bedroom and living room, nice deck. Washroom had a large jetted tub (easily large enough for two people, with a hand shower, and a full sized stand up shower, with a rain-shower type head, bidet and two sinks.
-I got a sore throat /lung infection. The hotel Doctor on call (Booked through Manulife Travel Insurance) was prompt, professional, and came right up to our hotel room.
-Room service was prompt, professional and the food was warm
-Wedding coordinator and staff were excellent and very hard working.
-Check in and Check out was fast
-No reservations taken at the restaurants
-Special theme nights, the resort buffet is closed and dinners are served outside (I would line up at a restaurant instead of the outside dinners)
-Lounge chairs can be hard to reserve, around the pools. (towel game)
-Swimming pools were smallish and water was cold
-No big outdoor hot tubs, that we could find
-Weather was cool. This was our first time in the Mayan this time of year. Bring a light jacket or two, long pants and a warm shirt or light sweater.
-Beach is sandy but not fabulous, once you enter the water. Some coral areas (water shoes required) I prefer a better beach with snorkelling or good swimming. 4/10
-Resort is too small for our liking
-Resort was not what we would call luxurious.
-There is not a lot to do on the resort itself.
-Transit leaving the airport was S L O W (provided by Westjet)
-Transit leaving the resort was S L O W and somewhat disorganized
We were at the Now Jade for ten days. While we enjoyed our stay, we prefer a larger resort with more activities, a little more luxurious grounds, better beach/swimming and having experienced the no-reservation system, prefer the reservations offered at other resorts. We realize that sometimes booking or waiting for your reservations can be a PITA. At the Now Jade, on some nights we found ourselves literally starving, because the buffet was closed during theme nights, and the a la carte’s had lengthy waiting times.
Not being able to book times, meant that nights were sometimes rushed, just trying to get a meal, and by the time we did eat, the night was near a close.
If you go, watch for the theme nights, and plan your meals ahead.
There is a sports complex on the roof of the fitness area, but as soon as the sun comes down, I understand that there is a ravenous fog of mosquitoes waiting, to dine on tourists.
If you walk from the resort, to Puerto Morelos, be aware there are ‘gators in the swampy areas beside the road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun. Located just 12 miles from Cancun International Airport and minutes from the quaint fishing town of Puerto Morelos, Now Jade Riviera Cancun provides guests with 2,640 feet of pure crystal white sand and refreshing azure waters. Guests will become immersed in a setting where style and sophistication meet relaxation and comfort. Each suite is truly exquisite featuring beautiful views of flourishing gardens or crystal clear ocean. This unique property features 550 luxurious suites each complete with private furnished balcony or terrace and Jacuzzi for two. All finely appointed suites offer king size or two double beds, marble floors, air-conditioning with in-room climate control, daily refreshed mini bars and 24-hour room and concierge services. Snorkel, kayak, windsurf or deep sea dive in the vast blue waters or simply relax under the warmth of the sun on the white sandy beach. Perfect your golf swing on one of the famous courses located nearby or indulge a vast set of treatments offered at the world- class spa. Little ones will have the opportunity to partake in many day and nighttime activities provided by the Explorer’s Club for Kids. When the sun sets come enjoy live themed shows in our large indoor theater or sip on a cocktail as you relax at Eclipse Night Club. All this and much more await you at Now Jade Riviera Cancun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Now Jade Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort And Spa
- Nh Hotels Puerto Morelos
- Nh Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos