Overall we really enjoyed our vacation at Now Jade. There were 3 couples who traveled together and we did some things all together and other times we were off on our own. it was a good mix.
*check in was slow. i don't know what they were doing but we sat there for what seemed like forever. the plus side is they never once asked us to upgrade or tried to sell us excursions.
*we paid extra for an ocean view room. upon seeing our room we had a view of construction. we asked to move to a different room and they kindly moved all 3 of us couples to the preferred area. the view was still not ocean view...but again the plus was the wifi, the lounge and VERY close access to the pool and beach!
*speaking of wifi, we had a code to access wifi but it rarely worked. i think there were too many people on it at one time. we only tried a few times to check on our kids but didn't have luck. if we took our device to the lounge and used their wifi, it worked great.
*i had an item missing from my room after housekeeping had been in our room. i can easily understand how it could have been mistaken for garbage but i would prefer them to not make the decision to throw anything away. i reported it to security and they came and searched our room. it was like we did something wrong. they literally opened up everything in our luggage, tipped the furniture over, dug in the mattresses, etc. They are supposed to give me an update on what they find, but I haven't heard yet (been back for 1 week)
*There seemed to be a lot of smokers on this property and no designated smoking areas. the smell of smoke bothers me and it would have really bothered me had I had my children with. i would like to see smoking sections that are separated from general areas.
*There were no whirlpools. each room had a jacuzzi tub but t here were no big pools that i ever found for multiple people to sit in.
*the sun does not rise or set on this beach - so don't expect to see it! It rises off to the side and sets behind you.
*Housekeeping came at very odd times throughout the day and not consistent.
*We did call one day to have lights in our bathroom replaced. Upon arrival, one was out so it wasn't very bright but then the other one went out so we called. Nobody came that day. We called again the 2nd day and they came up right away.
*the food was overall great but it would been really nice to have more food and options, longer hours, at the snack bar. it's only open from 12-2 and has nacho, pizza and hot dogs.
*did not like mercure for breakfast. This is a place preferred guests could go and we tried it once. i had a pastry with chicken and the pastry was so hard i could not cut through it. the portions were very small.
Now for the good - it's always easy to find and recognize and remember the bad...but there were PLENTY of good things!!
* the food was amazing. They had a huge variety of restaurants and the whole week we were there, only 1 place was closed each night. I read some reviews saying up to 3 were closed. I never saw that.
*We had to wait an hour ONE time for the hibachi grill, otherwise we were immediately seated every night. Sometimes we had 6 people eating together.
*Hibachi grill was our favorite. I am usually a chicken eater but the fish was amazing. Try the sushi also!!
*The buffet was great for breakfast.
*rooms were great. large, clean, ours was in building 9 (preferred) and the location was great
*the beds were comfortable. I slept fine other than woke up early with the sun!
*the infinity pool by the preferred area is amazing. take pictures there!
*None of our group was sick. i don't think the food or water was bad. they serve bottled water.
*DARIUS & ZEPEDA bartenders are great. zepeda remembered us every day and what we drank. Darius was a great bartender and if he wasn't running around taking orders, he was mixing up shots. he called them "happiness injections."
*The staff was cleaning all the time. many people said negative things in their reviews about the messy beach. the waves do wash things up at night but every morning they were cleaning it like crazy
*the beach was so-so. there were rocky spots but also some night spots if you went to the edges
We went on a day excursion to xel-ha. it wasn't as great as we were expecting. the people on the resort when we booked said it was all inclusive when you got there except swimming with the dolphins and massages. well snuba also costs extra. Also you need a $25 deposit to snorkel so make sure you have cash even if you don't plan to buy anything. they advertise floating down the river..which has no current so you have to paddle your way through. they also advertise ziplining which is a very low cord that goes over the water and people couldn't get across to the other side because they would hit and get stuck in the water. the bus ride to xel-ha was a little over and hour and the ride back was over 2 hours because we stopped at many other resorts on the way back. we made it back about 8:30 pm and had to be at our bus at 5:45 pm so it got to be long.
tips - bring lots of sunscreen! if you have to buy a small bottle at the gift shop, it's over $20. I read in reviews to bring mosquito spray. i thought they were crazy until it rained one night and then the mosquitoes were out the next night! there were vendors set up twice on the resort. they can be kind of pesty. plus you can buy most of the same things at the airport for cheaper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun. Located just 12 miles from Cancun International Airport and minutes from the quaint fishing town of Puerto Morelos, Now Jade Riviera Cancun provides guests with 2,640 feet of pure crystal white sand and refreshing azure waters. Guests will become immersed in a setting where style and sophistication meet relaxation and comfort. Each suite is truly exquisite featuring beautiful views of flourishing gardens or crystal clear ocean. This unique property features 550 luxurious suites each complete with private furnished balcony or terrace and Jacuzzi for two. All finely appointed suites offer king size or two double beds, marble floors, air-conditioning with in-room climate control, daily refreshed mini bars and 24-hour room and concierge services. Snorkel, kayak, windsurf or deep sea dive in the vast blue waters or simply relax under the warmth of the sun on the white sandy beach. Perfect your golf swing on one of the famous courses located nearby or indulge a vast set of treatments offered at the world- class spa. Little ones will have the opportunity to partake in many day and nighttime activities provided by the Explorer’s Club for Kids. When the sun sets come enjoy live themed shows in our large indoor theater or sip on a cocktail as you relax at Eclipse Night Club. All this and much more await you at Now Jade Riviera Cancun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Now Jade Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort And Spa
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Nh Hotels Puerto Morelos
- Nh Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos