“Very Nice All-Inclusive”

Now Jade Riviera Cancun
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I just returned from NOW Jade and we really enjoyed it. It was very relaxing, loved the adult infinity pool with swim up bar:) Loved the ocean and pool view from our room. We liked how the room was set up in the preferred section, private bathroom, separate sleeping area, sitting area. They had no king rooms left, so housekeeping put our two double beds together to make one HUGE king sized bed with huge bedding to cover both beds together as one:) Jacuzzi on the patio. The staff were all very friendly and there to serve you and make your stay as wonderful as it can be:) Our favorite restaurants were the Italian and Mexican. The buffet was good at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Castaways was nice to come in from the beach and get a pizza or burger. We did think they needed an additional "snack bar" for those of us who just want to walk up off the beach or pool without shirts, cover-ups, or flip-flops, that would be open ALL day rather than just a short time at lunch at the adult pool. We would like to see the beach cleaned up a bit, there was a great deal of trash that washed up on the beach each day:( and it was rocky and reefy in the water along most of the beach, there is a small area that is good for swimming in the crystal blue waters.
Thanks to Zapeda at the adult swim up bar for "taking care of us"! He was a lot of fun, as were so many of the staff! They were all friendly and smiley and that means a lot to us, customer service is very important. (the restrooms at the adult pool need some attention, they has an outhouse smell to them, other than that the resort was very clean)
The spa was ok, we have been spoiled by another resorts awesome spa, so this one was just ok. We had a couples massage which was great!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the preferred section if you are able. Better view, less busy...
5  Thank GottaGoTravlin
There are newer reviews for Now Jade Riviera Cancun

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

My fiancée and I were delighted to spend the day here while visiting the area in January. We are coming back April 22 for our wedding (with 50 of our closest friends and family) and wanted to spend a day meeting the coordinators Pilar and Deisy and touring the location. We knew AM resorts wouldn't let us down, and they didn't disappoint. The rooms are gorgeous, the resort is spotless and the service fantastic. Pilar and Deisy are completely on top of everything, and I know our special day will be perfect wih them in charge. We made our way over to meet trip advisor celebrity bartender Darius - who was everything everyone said he is. So excited to have him bartend our cocktail party!! Cali Cruise at the adult swim up bar has an awesome personality, and mixes up some great cocktails (or bottles of water). We enjoyed our day so much we didn't want to leave!!
We look forward to April, and can't wait to spend a whole week at this gorgeous resort. See you soon Now Jade. Lindsay and Jeff.

• Stayed: January 2013
4  Thank Elle027
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We traveled here January 21st thru the 26th, 2013. My husband and I traveled with my sister and her husband. We booked through Apple and as requested, we had beautiful oceanfront rooms. We upgraded to preferred , which is defiantly the way to go. Well worth the money! Everything at this resort was wonderful! The rooms were beautiful, the balcony was awesome with a jacuzzi tub. They will even spray your balcony for Mosquitos , which helped tremendously . Room service was great as were the restaurants, including the Buffett . We stayed at the adult pool everyday and loved it! Ivan, the pool manager was awesome! He went above and beyond to make sure we were happy! He even gave my husband a sombrero on our last day there. Susie, the pool and beach waitress was wonderful! We rarely had to ask her to get us a drink, as she would automatically bring our drinks with perfect timing. Colixsto was a great bartender, always coming up with something new for us to try. Francisco at one of the other bars was great also! Maid service was wonderful. I can't think of one negative thing to say about this resort. We met many wonderful people and made new friends. Someone mentioned the wifi was not good. Yes, I had a little trouble with it, but with one phone call,it was taken care of . Would defiantly go back!!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Lvollie
Reviewed February 11, 2013

On top of a lovely view and fine dining, the wait staff and bartenders couldn't have been better. Darius was by far our favorite "staff personnel" when rooming at the Now Jade Resort this past December. Darius was THE HARDEST worker we met but also the most informative and generous of all Now Jade Resort Personnel.

Thank you Darius for your wonderful concoctions and never-ending smile.

Kate from Minneapolis.

Room Tip: the most expensive but the best room available is Junior Suite Ocean Front View. Not Ocean View... b...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Kate B
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I just got back from 6 days at Now Jade in Puerto Morales. My wife and I have been to several all inclusive throughout Mexico, Costa Rica and the Caribbean. I would say Now Jade is on par with most other all inclusive resorts. We were with a group of about 15 people and everyone was generally pleased. We were a little nervous as someone had posted a review about amoebic dysentary just before we left, but no one in our group got sick.

Location: The resort is about 25-30 minute drive from Cancun airport and about 20-25 minute walk to Puerto Morales. The resort is not around a lot of other hotels/resorts, which I found to be nice. It definitely cut down on the beach vendors selling booze cruise, snorkeling or "your name on a grain of rice." I saw one man selling sunglasses on the beach, but that was it. The beach in front of the hotel was very nice and generally maintained. I like to go on morning walks on the beach, and as you stray 200-300 yards from the resort, the beach is full of seaweed and trash. To the point we just turned around and went back. WARNING: If the sight of construction will ruin your trip, then do not go here. There is a very large timeshare (I think) resort being built just south of Now Jade. It is scheduled to be completed in Dec 2013. I was surprised at how big it was. I only noticed it when we walked on the beach. At no time did I see or hear anything distracting. However, several rooms in building 1 or 2 would overlook this large construction site and if that bothers you I would maybe stay away from that area or just go to the preferred club pool at the other side of the resort.

I found the service to be very good. Everyone was very friendly and I felt went the extra mile. My only complaint about the service was the poolside or service on the beach. It was sporadic at best to non-existent. We tried tipping, sitting in different areas, but getting consistent service was impossible. If we went up to the bar, we were served quickly and enthusiastically. The times we did get drinks ordered, they would comeback 30 minutes later and often times didn't have all the drinks we ordered. Bottom line: If you are expecting to be brought drinks all day at the pool, don't count on it. I would like to give a shout out to Darius at the Mix bar. He usually works in the evenings, so it is a great stop before and/or after dinner. He has many mentions on previous tripadvisor reviews and he lives up to the hype. He will make you r-r-r-freshing or r-r-r-relaxing drink!

Activities: The resort had a standard schedule of activities. The only thing we did was the bike tour. There is a free bike tour that goes into Puerto Morales and it usually leaves in the morning around 9:30. It is about a 8-10 minute ride into town depending on how fast the group is. You do have to sign up at least a day before. We didn't and almost didn't get to go. You ride to town and the beach there and they give you about 30 minutes to look around and shop. It was fun and I would recommend it. I think we were back in under 1.5 hours. I did find if you want to do any activities/excursions, it would be better to book them in town. For example, $90/person snorkeling trip at the hotel could easily be found for $75 in town. Also, on the beach massages were $35/hour, compared to at least $100 at the hotel spa.

Rooms: I found the rooms to be nice. The only complaint was the pillows in the room were terrible and of Motel 6 quality. I did learn later there was a pillow menu, but I missed it. Expect the beds to be hard. I didn't notice any mold, mildew or insects problem in the rooms, but our tub area was a little dirty. WARNING: We booked an Ocean View room, and knew what to expect based on other reviews. Ocean View is not ocean front. Yes, I could see the ocean from my room, but just barely. Again, I found to room to be average to slightly above average to other all-inclusive resorts I have been to.

Food: The food was okay. I found it to be average to slightly below average compared to other all inclusives. I really liked Castaways over the buffet for lunch and Spice was our favorite restaurant. Breakfast can get really busy in the morning and there is limited outside seating. I would either recommend room service or getting there early. If you are traveling in a big group (more than 9) and want to eat together, I would recommend going there as soon as the restaurant opens (usually 6pm). The restaurant is not yet busy, and the staff has time and space to move around tables. Don't go expecting gourmet food, it was just okay. If you really like desserts, then prepare to be disappointed. Everyone I had was bad.

Overall, I would classify this trip as a success and would seriously consider returning to Now Jade. I would say this resort is an average to above average all inclusive resort. I had a relaxing trip and hope to be back.

Room Tip: Try to get a room as high as possible and stay away from buildings 1 or 2 if you hate construction.
6  Thank Eric970
Reviewed February 10, 2013

While at this resort, everything was exceptional and we were really pleased with our trip, the only thing that could've been better was the weather. The staff made the visit more enjoyable along with the activity directors. The restaurants were fantastic along with the bars, my favorite being the ocean bar. The bar not only had an awesome atmosphere but also had the best bartender that made the stay that much more enjoyable. He was very cordial and inviting, making each day and night better than the last. Overall we were really pleased with everything "Now Jade" had to offer.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Jordan B
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Great food, except Tamarindo was kind of blah. I must eat gluten free and they accommodated me fairly easily. Most menus even listed something specific I could eat. There were things on the menu that seemed as if they'd be gluten free as well, so I asked and many other items were as well. Breakfast buffet is excellent too. I did not get fully ill, but by the end of the week I was feeling the likely slight cross contamination. Typical when i'm on vacation and am not making any of my own food. The drinks were a higher quality for an all inclusive.
Pools and beach are great. The big pool on the family side was really big and beautiful. We never had an issue finding a chair on the beach or at either pool. Very clean area. Staff was constantly picking up empty glasses and used towels. The entire grounds were really beautiful.
Room was good. We did do the preferred club as i wanted wifi in our room. It was spotty. The wifi in the preferred club lounge worked better. The room could have been cleaner. Over all, the housekeeping staff did a good job of daily cleaning. I'm speaking of giving the walls and baseboards a good scrubbing. They were dirty and dusty. The grout on the tiles should be bleached or whitened somehow as it was blackening (moldy?) in spots.
You never saw garbage anywhere in this place. The staff was excellent at patrolling the halls to pick it up. There always seemed to be someone doing something to beautify or repair things.
We did go for the talk from the timeshare guy. They start out all nice and no pressure, but in the end you just get mad...when the last, 3rd or 4th, guy came we were told he just wanted to ask us 3 quality control questions. They lied, he was the most obnoxious of them all. We'll never do it again, unless we are truly interested.
Took the bike tour into town. Puerto Morelos is about 5-7 minutes, by bike, away. It's a flat ride so most should be able to handle it. Some might think the town looked a little dirty and rundown, but hey its a little fishing town. The people were very nice there. We liked it just fine. For the bike tour, we just wish they'd give folks a little more time to hang out in town. Maybe at least an hour. We took a cab over the next day. That was 10 bucks each way, up to 4 people.
We will likely look for someplace within walking distance to Playa del Carmen next time, but overall we would return to Now Jade. This was just a short drive from the Cancun airport. Great vacation.

Room Tip: preferred club side is better right now because of the construction on the family side. ours overlo...
5  Thank palmtree1968
NowSapphireRC, Social Media at Now Jade Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

On behalf of the entire staff of Now Jade Riviera Cancun and myself, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our Resort, among all other resorts within this destination, to enjoy your recent holidays in Cancun.

We appreciate your time to write a positive review about our services and installations. We would like to comment that your feedback will be shared with the operations staff as well as with the UVC supervisor.

Our housekeeping staff will be so happy to know regarding your comment about their service.

Once again thank you very much for sharing your feedback with the tripadvisor community. We wish to have the privilege to welcome you again in the near future.

Cordially yours

Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun
Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun
#39 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort

Been to Now Jade Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!