“great trip”

Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
GreenLeadersSilver level
“great trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Great food, except Tamarindo was kind of blah. I must eat gluten free and they accommodated me fairly easily. Most menus even listed something specific I could eat. There were things on the menu that seemed as if they'd be gluten free as well, so I asked and many other items were as well. Breakfast buffet is excellent too. I did not get fully ill, but by the end of the week I was feeling the likely slight cross contamination. Typical when i'm on vacation and am not making any of my own food. The drinks were a higher quality for an all inclusive.
Pools and beach are great. The big pool on the family side was really big and beautiful. We never had an issue finding a chair on the beach or at either pool. Very clean area. Staff was constantly picking up empty glasses and used towels. The entire grounds were really beautiful.
Room was good. We did do the preferred club as i wanted wifi in our room. It was spotty. The wifi in the preferred club lounge worked better. The room could have been cleaner. Over all, the housekeeping staff did a good job of daily cleaning. I'm speaking of giving the walls and baseboards a good scrubbing. They were dirty and dusty. The grout on the tiles should be bleached or whitened somehow as it was blackening (moldy?) in spots.
You never saw garbage anywhere in this place. The staff was excellent at patrolling the halls to pick it up. There always seemed to be someone doing something to beautify or repair things.
We did go for the talk from the timeshare guy. They start out all nice and no pressure, but in the end you just get mad...when the last, 3rd or 4th, guy came we were told he just wanted to ask us 3 quality control questions. They lied, he was the most obnoxious of them all. We'll never do it again, unless we are truly interested.
Took the bike tour into town. Puerto Morelos is about 5-7 minutes, by bike, away. It's a flat ride so most should be able to handle it. Some might think the town looked a little dirty and rundown, but hey its a little fishing town. The people were very nice there. We liked it just fine. For the bike tour, we just wish they'd give folks a little more time to hang out in town. Maybe at least an hour. We took a cab over the next day. That was 10 bucks each way, up to 4 people.
We will likely look for someplace within walking distance to Playa del Carmen next time, but overall we would return to Now Jade. This was just a short drive from the Cancun airport. Great vacation.

Room Tip: preferred club side is better right now because of the construction on the family side. ours overlo...
5 Thank palmtree1968
NowSapphireRC, Social Media at Now Jade Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Sir / Madam,

On behalf of the entire staff of Now Jade Riviera Cancun and myself, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our Resort, among all other resorts within this destination, to enjoy your recent holidays in Cancun.

We appreciate your time to write a positive review about our services and installations. We would like to comment that your feedback will be shared with the operations staff as well as with the UVC supervisor.

Our housekeeping staff will be so happy to know regarding your comment about their service.

Once again thank you very much for sharing your feedback with the tripadvisor community. We wish to have the privilege to welcome you again in the near future.

Cordially yours

Social Media

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,448)
  • Polish first
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

We were recommended by a friend to attend this resort for our honeymoon. We have been amazed by the service and the quality. The location is amazing and everything you could ever want is all in one place. From the second we arrived, we ran to the reef swim up bar. Zepeda took great care of us. He welcomed us and helped us get into vacation mode. We visted him everyday. And then on his day off mary took good care of us. She even brought us drinks while we were in the ocean. Food staff and rooms are amazing. I couldnt imagine better people or place. And get the romantic dinner if on your honeymoon!

Dallas, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at Now Jade Jan 14-19 as part of a large group of travelers attending a vendor-sponsored industry event. The group was somewhere in the vicinity of 250 travelers, so the staff definitely had their work cut out for them. Not only were there that many travelers, but we also used several large event rooms each day for product training sessions and had set dinner reservations at each of the on-site restaurants and a huge catered event twice during the week. My opinion is that the staff knocked it out of the ballpark! What a great bunch of people working at Now Jade! Our entire time there, we never had a negative experience with any of the staff. We interacted with the front desk, concierge desk, wait staff, bartenders, housekeeping and groundspeople at various times and each time, we were met with a friendly smile and an offer to help us with anything we needed. We arranged a day trip to Playa del Carmen with the concierge desk and we waffled 3 times as to whether we wanted a van or a taxi, about how many of us there would be and how long we would be gone and there was never any frustration on the part of the concierge, just helpful advice.
We had a Jungle View room, which is not really accurate, as the view was of some bushes and a construction site next door (the rooms were paid for by the sponsors of the event, so I wasn't complaining, but if I was paying myself I would probably upgrade to an oceanview with the jacuzzi tub on the balcony). The rooms were large and well appointed and the king bed in our room (2 beds pushed together, but still) was very comfortable. The bathroom was huge, with a nice-sized jacuzzi tub. There was a small balcony, but I really couldn't imagine using it for anything other than smoking, since (as I pointed out earlier) there really was nothing to see except the bushes right in front of you. Housekeeping was very good and kept the room well cleaned and stocked.
The pool areas were really nice and there is an adults-only pool, which was really great for our group. The Infinity pool in the adult area was especially nice and there are hammocks in the pool, which is something I personally never experienced before and was incredibly relaxing, as the surf was only about 30 yards away. The bartenders were all really great and were quick to help out with a tropical selection and were always making cocktails that I had never seen nor heard of (which would be pretty shocking to anyone who knows me!).
The restaurants were nicely appointed but the food overall was just ok. Breakfast at the buffet place was the best food I had in any of the on-site restaurants. I didn't have a chance to eat at the buffet for lunch but heard from several people that it was very good.
There are not many on-site activities, which for me was fine, as I just wanted to relax at the pool and swim and drink after our daily training sessions. However, if I was there without that itinerary, I might get a little bored after a couple days. Of course, there are myriad things to do in that area, it just means arranging the excursion and leaving the resort grounds.
Overall, I truly enjoyed Now Jade and would certainly visit again and recommend to friends and family.

Room Tip: I would suggest upgrading to an OceanView with the jacuzzi on the balcony.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tom M
Dear Sir / Madam,

We appreciate your time to write a positive review and shared it on Tripadvisor about our services and installations. All of the comments are shared with the operations staff, they will be so glad to know that the service provide by them was of your total satisfaction.

Thank for your recommendation and we wish to have the privilege to welcome you again in the near future.

Cordially yours

Social media
Plattsmouth, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Wife & I joined 2 other couples for a week of relaxation in January. The Now Jade delivered! a very short ride from the airport and we were greeted with warm towels and drinks. We are empty nesters, and spent our days at the adult pool, where it was quiet and so relaxing. The pool concierge, Ivan, was wonderful. We had experienced issues with "pool chair claiming" at a previous resort where guests would leave articles on chairs to "reserve" them, then not use them for hours and hours. This was not a problem at Now. Ivan made certain everyone found space. We really loved that there were so many restaraunts to choose from, and they were not clogged with reservations like some resorts. It was a pleasant walk into Puerto Morales, about 1.5 miles. The little town was quaint, laid back, and fun. Not getting into a car for 7 days was great. We never got bored. Evening entertainment was fun, the entertainment staff did great. I highly recommend this as a great place for adult relaxation.

Room Tip: The gift shops at the resort was way expensive. We walked into town & bought brim hats, sunscree...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bsorens
Dear Sir / Madam,

We appreciate your time to write a positive review about our services and installations. All of the comments are shared with the operations staff. Ivan will be so happy to know he was able to assist you.

Once again than your for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and we wish to have the privilege to welcome you again in the near future.

With kind regards,

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

My friend and I stayed the Now Jade Dec 5th - 12th.
We had booked the oceanview room and upon arrival realized that it was really more like a partial oceanview.
Luckily we got to experience both the regular side and also the privaleged members side (which is toatlly recommended).
This side of the resort is worth it... each room had a big jucuzzi tup on the balconies and the rooms are bigger and offer actual beautiful oceanviews. The service seems to be much better as well.
The pool cabanas are great and first come first serve basis... also hammocks by the pool are super relaxing.
The beach.... the ends of the beach are nice and clear but in the middle its too rocky to enjoy.
Room service was ok at best
Restaurants were great... preferred them over the buffet for dinner.
The beach loungers get taken up pretty fast... since everyone wants to be at the ends of the beach by the clear waters.
Quite resort not a party atmosphere... which is what we wanted.

Room Tip: Worth it to get the previlaged membership
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Seematony
NowSapphireRC, social media at Now Jade Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Sir / Madam,

We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay in our beautiful resort. We appreciate your time to write a review and shared it with the tripadvisor community. All of the comments are addressed to the operations staff to let them know our guests´ satisfaction.

We look forward to welcome you again very soon.

Sincerely yours,

Kelowna B.C. Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

The staff at this hotel is the best we've come across at an all inclusive resort. They really made our stay the best. Abraham who oversees the restaurants is amazing, friendly and made sure that we had the best dining experiences every evening. William at the French restaurant was charming, friendly and a great waiter. The food at the French restaurant was delicious.
We also had a dinner on the beach one night that Abraham organized for us and we had steak & lobster it was so good. Totally recommend it! Secret tip! Spend $100+ on a bottle of wine and the dinner is free!

While we were there we went into Cancun one day and came home after dark. I accidentally left my cell phone in the cab. The staff was so helpful, but I thought I'd never see it again. Staff member Jose Luis Peraz made it his personal project to get my phone back for me. He drove to Cancun, found the taxi driver and had him bring it back to the resort for me. What a great guy!

The drink service at the pools is great, they come by regularly, it seems just as you're about to run out the waiter is back. Small regular tips of $2 for a couple seem to ensure great service ;)

The sports bar was fun. The music was great for all generations, small dance floor but enough room for everyone. There were also pool tables that were fun as well.

The spa was a great experience as well. We had a couples massage and it was good.

There are a few weddings a day it seemed. A little bit like a wedding factory. We were there for a wedding and they changed the location of the wedding and reception without consulting the couple. The bride was very disappointed, especially about not being given a choice. Everything else was nice though.

The beach wasn't one of the best I've seen. There were rock and seaweed all along the front of the resort. The pools are fabulous though. Well, other than the people peeing in the pool for hours around the swim up bars. But that's nothing different than other resorts.

A $10 cab ride into Puerto Morales was quick and easy. It's a cute little town, little shops to pick up gifts to take home and souvenirs. There was a great little beach bar El Merkaditos was great! Good food, and service and nice to get away from the resort for a little bit. If you're facing the beach just follow the road along the beach to the right, it's about a block or so down the rd.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1921 in building 9 a "preferred member" upgrade gave us an end unit righ...
Pembroke, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Went for a family wedding. My wife decide to bring her $2500 black diamomnd pendant and earrings. Got off the bus and they took all the lugage. Toured us around for over an hour. Went to our room and the lugage was there minus the diamonds. To our surprise there camera doesn't show anybody looking in our bags.......... Resort was good but it was an expensive trip... We didn't listen to other comments about theft. Make sure you do!!!
....... DON'T TAKE ANYTHING YOU DON'T WANT TO GET STOLEN.....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
#2 of 213 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,925 reviews
Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort

Been to Now Jade Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!