After reading the reviews here on TripAdvisor, we decided that the Now Jade looked like a pretty great resort. Unfortunately, our experience did not meet our expectations of the resort. As a group, we booked 3 preferred ocean-view rooms. Of course, ocean-view was a term used loosely at the Now Jade since one room had a view completely blocked by a palm tree just feet away from the balcony while another room only had a partial view because of one of the pool bar roofs obstructing the view. Of the three rooms, each were with double beds despite requesting king beds at the time of booking. The beds were pretty hard too.
Once in the rooms, we were mostly happy with the interior. The rooms were generally well maintained but had a few problems. For starters, two of the rooms had little bugs on the night stands and floor but we couldn’t find any on the beds/sheets. Additionally, one of the showers had a drip coming from the floor above leading to slight molding and cracking in the shower ceiling. The a/c and thermostat in the room wasn't able to hold a constant temperature and it was either really cold or, if you turned the a/c off, stuffy from the humidity. Finally, in all three rooms the water cycled from scalding hot to cold leading to us jumping in and out of the water stream.
The restaurants and bars were decent. The food was about what you would expect for an all-inclusive resort; tasted okay but didn’t always sit well. The atmosphere at the restaurants was great. Our favorite bar was “The Mix” right on the beach. Damien was the bartender and he provided excellent service but be careful of his mystery shots!
The beach was beautiful but there wasn’t a lot of room for swimming. Straight out from the resort (as soon as your feet got into the water) there was a lot of coral. Definitely take water shoes if you are planning on going into the ocean. If you went all the way toward the marina side of the resort, there was about a 40 foot stretch of beach where you could walk out into the water and not fear cutting your feet on the coral. Of course, the coral did lead to some okay snorkeling right out in front of the resort. Visibility wasn’t great but it was still fun seeing all the fish.
The resort is generally isolated with just another couple resorts and the marina nearby. As a result, prices for some of the activities were higher than you would expect; plan on $65 per person for parasailing or $60 for 30 minutes of wave runners if you are looking at doing extra activities. If you are planning on going into town a cab is $45 just to leave the resort and go a couple miles.
The worst part of the resort was definitely the orange citrus aroma. In the lobby and preferred lounge, they have orange scent added. While I generally like the aromas that resorts add to the air, this one was horrible. In our initial check-in, the smell was strong but bearable. By the end of the trip, simply walking near any of these areas turned our stomachs because it was so overwhelming.
Moving forward, I will not be staying at the Now Jade again. It was a decent value considering the price but I was mostly disappointed with the resort; I’d recommend finding another resort on your next Cancun vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun. Located just 12 miles from Cancun International Airport and minutes from the quaint fishing town of Puerto Morelos, Now Jade Riviera Cancun provides guests with 2,640 feet of pure crystal white sand and refreshing azure waters. Guests will become immersed in a setting where style and sophistication meet relaxation and comfort. Each suite is truly exquisite featuring beautiful views of flourishing gardens or crystal clear ocean. This unique property features 550 luxurious suites each complete with private furnished balcony or terrace and Jacuzzi for two. All finely appointed suites offer king size or two double beds, marble floors, air-conditioning with in-room climate control, daily refreshed mini bars and 24-hour room and concierge services. Snorkel, kayak, windsurf or deep sea dive in the vast blue waters or simply relax under the warmth of the sun on the white sandy beach. Perfect your golf swing on one of the famous courses located nearby or indulge a vast set of treatments offered at the world- class spa. Little ones will have the opportunity to partake in many day and nighttime activities provided by the Explorer’s Club for Kids. When the sun sets come enjoy live themed shows in our large indoor theater or sip on a cocktail as you relax at Eclipse Night Club. All this and much more await you at Now Jade Riviera Cancun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Now Jade Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort And Spa
- Nh Hotels Puerto Morelos
- Nh Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Now Jade Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos