Our stay was the week of Thanksgiving and there were 10 adults and 8 kids ages 10 to 20. We were all in the premium section and we really liked the our rooms. All of the rooms in this section have one king or two doubles. We had a swim up room and the 10 year olds and the teenagers liked to hang out in the hot tub and people watch. Every thing in our room worked and the maid service was twice daily. I do not know if turn down is for premium only or the entire resort. I put of the maid service sign out every day as we left for the pool or beach and our room was made up early on most days.
The ten and eleven year olds loved the kids center and the programming. They went every day at 10am for the tennis lessons and then stayed till around lunch. They went to it in the evenings several times. No complaints cause the kids really had fun. The teen programming was not as good and the teen club charges for the arcade, the games, and the internet. I think that they should change this. If they did not charge I think more teens would hang out there and that would be good because there really was not a great place for the teens to hang out.
The food was great, people complain about Spoons but we had some great meals. We ordered from the menu a few times for breakfast and the Eggs Benedict was very good. We were at Beaches Negril last year and the restaurant here was more spacious, the omelet line moved faster and it was cleaner. We had great service here and at Beaches you would wait to be seated then wait for coffee while here we were immediatly seated and given drinks and refilled often. My husband and I ate lunch almost every day at the Mexican Restaurant. We would get guacomole and pico and chips and then order the fish tacos that we loved. Skip Tapaz, not very good. Italian was great.
The resort is not very encouraging about the town of Puerto Morelos but we loved it. It is small and a true fishing village. It has a town square that is a small park and gets pretty busy around 5 or 6. The church is open air and really pretty. My son got his hair cut a little barber shop and we ate at a cute sidewalk restaurant called "Cantina Habonaro". It was very good and cheap. The cab ride is less than 10 minutes (5-6) and there is plenty of souviner shopping.
We liked the adult bar in the evening, the top bars are nice early but when the entertainment starts it is loud so after some entertainment the adult bar is a nice place for conversation and winding up the night.
We thought that the pools were clean and lovely and we had great drink service by the pool but not much drink service on the beach. The beach is good to walk but for swimming be careful of the rocks.
All in all, we were in heaven at the Azul, we relaxed, ate well, enjoyed all of our family and had a memorable trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring the renowned Gourmet Inclusive(R) concept by Karisma, the Azul Sensatori Mexico Hotel brings together spacious facilities with unlimited activities and services. Azul Sensatori Mexico is designed to allow couples, groups, wedding parties, families and friends from all generations to re-connect under the sun. The 435 spacious and luxurious suites are tastefully designed in contemporary Caribbean style with dark wood accents and canopy beds. These suites are located in four story buildings with an elevator in each building. Views are either pool, garden, ocean or ocean front. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Sensatori Hotel, By Karisma Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Azul Sensatori By Karisma Hotel
- Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Mexico Riviera Maya - Puerto Morelos