“Courteous staff, great food”

Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Mexico
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Courteous staff, great food”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Enjoyed our time there! Went for a wedding, which went off without a hitch. The weather was perfect and the room service and staff were exceptionally great. They catered to our every needs and wants at a high quality. From the time we stepped off the bus and entered the resort, to the time we boarded the bus for home, everything was top notch. The food, in particular the mashed potatoes and Caesar salad, was scrumptious.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,281)
fort mcmurr
Reviewed April 14, 2014

this resort was complete dissapointment especailly for a 5 star and the cost. I went with my family, brother and his wife and 19 month old nephew. The rooms were nice, food was decent but not exceptional, the overall resort was clean and nice and a great little splash pad for kids.

Here are the negatives, both my brother and wife celebrated birthdays and were told we will send you a special bottle to your room. Nothing arrived for the whole week, other than a bottle we ordered ourselves which you pay $15 for on the spot or they charge your room $25....don't mind paying for the wine but seriously why the price difference?

We were not allowed to take food/snack outside of any buffet or restaurant and this would include the beach bbq. We had a little child with us so they eat when they feel like it, the staff was not accommdating at all they said it had to do with safety.

There was a self service ice cream/pop station that were always out of cones and glasses. No Wi-FI included, very expensive to purchase $7.50 usd per day....come on get with the times.

My nephew was sick and had a high temp and was in the room for 2 days and still not accomodating with the crazy food rule no food outside and hopeing we could get a late check out option....Nope!

The service was awful, they do not have enough staff around the pool. And another thing, no music around the main pool area, only when there were aerobics......that was a first.

It says kid friendy, sure there is a splash pad, and an hr of entertainment each evening and babysitting service if you choose to use which we did not.

So the final straw was when we checked out, as you have the option to upgrade you dinner and specific restarants my brother decided i will sure and pay the $$ since it was his bday. So upon check out and clearing up our bills , I mentioned to the front desk that family celebrated two bdays here and were promised a welcome basket/arrival (whatever you want to call it) and since it wasn't provided you should take the $30 charge for the dinner and waive it. Nope sorry can't do that. Never again will i go or recommed this resort, based on what i saw this resort caters to people getting Married so if you are a part of a wedding party you should be ok otherise it was awful.

I was recently to PV in March and cannot believe how different my trip was this time. I can certainly say that expensive is not always better, when it comes to fun, service and great atmosphere.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank newfieblondie
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Mexico, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your family vacation experiences at the Azul Sensatori ; I truly appreciate your feedback and your comments have been carefully considered.

It is very disheartening to hear that we did not recognize the special occasions you and your party were celebrating , Please accept my sincere apologies.

Our head of Customer services will be reaching out to you via private message as we are very interested to hear more details of your stay and resolve any outstanding issues you may have

best Regards

Ignacio Jauregui
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

We spend 8 days to this hotel and I have to say it's one of my favorites!!

Great gourmet food, very clean and fantastic services. The mahi mahi we had it at the caraibe restaurant was to die for!!

My both children loved it and the beach ceramic painting was great for to sunny lunch hours.
If you need a deep tissue massage Augustine it's the best .... The spa has this hot heavy scarfs that I love to have one on the daily bases.... Stress release scarfs;)

Adam thank you for giving us great fun work out on our daily beach volley ball & Armando thx for the free tennis lessons 3 times a week.... Our family will return soon!

Stayed March 2014
Reviewed April 13, 2014

My husband and I just spent a week at the Azul Sensatori resort and we absolutely loved it!!! I was a little nervous after watching the videos and seeing how kid friendly it is because we were traveling alone, but it was great!!

First let me say that the place is pristinely clean and well maintained. Our room was beautiful, spotless and everything was in perfect working order. Our room walked out to the pool and had a wonderful couch and 2 chaise loungers on the porch. Maid service left our room spotless every day. The grounds are incredibly well maintained and beautiful. Many of the reviews I read before travelling complained about the beach but it was great. Yes, there was a fair amount of seaweed, but they maintain the beach at all times, removing the seaweed and raking the beach. I also read that people are disappointed by too few cabanas, but there are cabanas the ENTIRE length of the resort. If you want a cabana all you have to do is go put out towels in the morning before you go to breakfast and your cabana will be waiting for you after you finish eating. If however, you are planning to go out at noon and nab a cabana you might be left wanting. One caution - we noticed that there were people who would put out towels and never actually use the cabana so there was one (or more) fewer for those who actually wanted to use them - not cool. We used a cabana every day that we were there and it was perfect! The water does turn rocky a short way from the shore though so not great for swimming if you want to go in very far.

This resort bills itself as a gourmet inclusive so you would think that the food would be amazing. I have to say that it was only good. We really enjoyed the Mexican restaurant and the Italian, the others were just ok. We skipped La Chique and I don't feel like we probably missed much. That being said, Spoon was fabulous for breakfast! And the beach barbeque had awesome wings!

The absolute best thing about this resort was the staff!!! They were extremely friendly and helpful. Whenever you say 'thank you' to someone they always reply with 'it is my pleasure'. Which could sound pretty shallow after awhile, but they actually seemed to mean it. Special mention goes to Inocicio and Daniel at Spoon restaurant for being wonderful and remembering my husband and I after the first day we were there for the rest of our trip and being able to anticipate our needs. To Miguel and Isaac the bellhops for being incredibly friendly and welcoming. To Eddie at Zavaz bar for feeding me way too much tequilia :). To Tony and Andres in the spa for being fabulous. And most especially to Alfredo, the bartender at the beach bar who not only served amazing drinks (be sure you try the "Oh My God" it is awesome) but for taking the time to have awesome conversations with my husband and I - and also to Lucero at the beach bar for being so wonderfully friendly and to Salvador the beach butler for keeping them coming all week long!

We opted not to do any outings during our stay as we were truly there to just relax, but I did start my vacation with an hour in the spa hydrotherapy room and had an hour sky massage and half an hour facial, it was wonderful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank cccet
Reviewed April 12, 2014

A gorgeous hotel, very high end with the fast, friendly service from the extensive staff. The daytime activities on site are well-attended so lots of fun for active kids, teens and adults. Adan, of the recreation staff, really went out of his way to make everyone feel welcome and excited about being there. He is very happy in his work and his happiness is contagious. Alvaro at Waves bar was super-attentive and always happy to see us. Abelardo at Zacalo is a wonderful waiter. Food was excellent and varied. It was easy to eat healthfully. Pilates on the beach was a highlight. Beach beds are now first-come, first-served, so get down to the beach around 7 or so and save yourself one with towels. There is a barbecue on the beach each day that you can attend in your swimsuit. My suggestions would be to add a snack bar to one of the beach bars. Snacks are very limited. It would be nice if they were added to the minibar as well. I am a wine drinker and found the house wines lacking. Mixed drinks are excellent. Night time shows are good. Wish there was more to do after 10:30. Would be great of they ran a shuttle regularly to Playa Del Carma at night since the cab fee is $100 rt.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Planehoppr
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We spent April 2-9 at the Azul Sensatori and found it to be a very nice spot. Most staff members were friendly and helpful. The pools are beautiful. The beach is pleasant though the water is unavoidably grassy and there are too few beach cabanas. The restaurants are quite delicious, especially the Mexican, and kids are made to feel welcome. Families feel comfortable and welcome and the kids club and evening shows are a joy for kids (ours are ages 7 and 4). My suggestions to the hotel would be: please increase pool-side waitstaff, please add more pool-side umbrellas (not even one by the kids' pool), please come up with a better system for guests to gain access to the beach cabanas.

My husband and I were selected to receive several "perks" as part of the resort's tenth anniversary. Unfortunately we accepted the perks not realizing we had to go to an annoying timeshare sales session, which was a real drag and did not interest at all. I didn't like their hard sell.

Overall, it was a nice holiday. I think families with babies, kids or teens will have a really good time.

• Stayed April 2014
Bloomfield, Indiana
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Because we planned our trip many months in advance, we had the opportunity to read all of the reviews that travelers had posted regarding the Azul Sensatori resort. There were some who complained about everything. I think that I should add to their comments:

My Complaints:

We loaded our baggage with bug spray, but we never needed it.

My drinks were brought to me two at a time instead of three.

Some of the employees could only remember the first part of my name.

I prepared for rain periods, but it only rained on the last night for a few minutes.

I anticipated a terrible beach, but was disappointed in how little seaweed there actually was.

The room fridge had soft drinks instead of just beer and water.

No one approached me about time shares. I felt left out.

The room view was terrible. I only saw the sea to my right and palm trees in front and to the left along with the pool.

I didn’t get an animal towel EVERY day.

I used the in room safe, and nothing was stolen.

I didn’t leave anything behind in the room, but I am sure I would have never gotten it back had I done so.

I was looking forward to being overwhelmed by wedding parties, but I wasn’t even aware of them most of the time.

The waiters and bartenders, in fact, all of the employees, were too courteous, and I got tired of saying “Hola.”

The scenery was too overwhelming and hurt my eyes.

Because of the temperatures I was unable to wear my jacket.

I had to keep recharging my camera battery because of all the pictures I felt obligated to take.

And so it goes.

The trip was wonderful. I had in my mind the room that would be best for us before we ever left. That was the room we got. It could not have been more perfect. It has two beds and a great view. We went on our own to Puerto Morelos to walk around for a day and also Las Mujeres renting a golf car for the day to see the island. It was a shame to have to come back, but it was very memorable. It was my second trip to the Rivera Maya area, but it will not be my last, God willing.

Room Tip: We were in room 3317.... middle building facing north, 3rd room from the sea.... wonderful view.