We stayed from 1st Jan 2014 for 10 days having booked in the adult only section.
The room was spacious and clean as per photos on Thomson website. For once the bed comfort was excellent; we have never slept so well on holiday. Mini bar had beer and soft drinks that were re-stocked daily. The room had all of the usual amenities and a particularly good hairdryer. Cleaners did different towel art not sure if this was due to small tip we left each day (20 pesos).
The hotel is quite compact so you do not have to walk far to get to the restaurants, bars or beach. The only restaurant you had to book was Le Chic and think this may be because it is only part of the all-inclusive package for Thomson customers. The restaurants were never full and service (apart from one occasion) was always attentive.
The zoning worked well and on the one occasion that children did come into the adult only section they were quickly asked to move on. The adult only bar was the main place that we went to drink and it offered a variety drink options. You do need to be aware that the apart from the Le Chic restaurant (which you would not want to eat in every night) all other dining experiences are mixed. This did spoil any chance of a romantic evening meal as you are seated by the staff who for some reason often sit you next to large groups (we assumed wedding parties) or families with children so lacked the ambience we sought . This is probably our biggest criticism of the hotel as it would be very easy for them to rectify this with more careful seating planning.
The food in all of the restaurants was very good and flavoursome, especially the Italian and Caribbean. Le Chic was very different and a little bit whacky. It was a taster menu of 12 courses over about 2 hours. It is worth trying just for the experience itself. The buffet restaurant offers a wide variety of foods and it would be disrespectful to report otherwise. If anyone was unable to put a meal together from what was on offer then we could only conclude that they are either fussy or non-adventurous eaters. It is the best food that we have had on an all-inclusive package and we had no stomach upsets which is a miracle based on previous experiences.
The staff were always trying to be very attentive and we found this to be the case whether you tipped or not. They did do some little extras if you tipped such as making up different shots for you to try at the bar. Staff were keen to please and provide service with a smile. We would like to name Carlos and Jorge at the Waves bar who were brilliant.
We did not engage in much of the entertainment on offer although when we did the staff were really good. Giovanni, Katinka and Omar worked really hard to keep guests entertained during the 7 days of rain. One day we randomly ended up playing Mexican bingo in the bar which was good fun and broke up the day well.
Most other guests were English or Canadian so there were lots of opportunities to socialise if you wanted to.
The beach was very nice to walk along although due to the rain we were not able to do this as much as we would have liked. Also we went out to the mangrove near the hotel and saw crocodiles which was an awesome experience.
This is relatively relaxed place and you need to make sure that you check what is going on and what is available otherwise you may miss out. We did not realise that you could help yourself to sparkling wine (champagne as they called it) in the reception area until the day we left.
It is a luxury yet not pompous experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring the renowned Gourmet Inclusive(R) concept by Karisma, the Azul Sensatori Mexico Hotel brings together spacious facilities with unlimited activities and services. Azul Sensatori Mexico is designed to allow couples, groups, wedding parties, families and friends from all generations to re-connect under the sun. The 435 spacious and luxurious suites are tastefully designed in contemporary Caribbean style with dark wood accents and canopy beds. These suites are located in four story buildings with an elevator in each building. Views are either pool, garden, ocean or ocean front. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Sensatori Hotel, By Karisma Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Azul Sensatori By Karisma Hotel
- Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Mexico Riviera Maya - Puerto Morelos