“Won't be back”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sudbury, Canada
“Won't be back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

The hotels is clean didn't like the fact that we had to beg for bottled water and premium drinks they keep the good liquor hidden and try to push the local brands. Services was no hell at any restaurant unless you tip the waiter first don't expect them to come by and fill your glass of wine without asking them. Be aware also of what they call a swim up. Not worth the money won't be back

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Tom C
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Mexico, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for your brief review. Firstly I'm truly very sorry that your holiday experience fell short of expectations , leaving you without a desire to return. I have taken note of your comments and I would like you to know that I do not find such experience acceptable. I will be addressing the availability of our drinks and premuim liqours with the head of Food and Beverage, as well as the level of service in our restaurants.

Best Regards

Ignacio Jauregui
gm@azulsensatori.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,131)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

My husband and I just got back from Azul early this morning. We stayed there for 7 days.
THE RESORT ITSELF:
-extremely clean and kept up to date. Never seen a resort this well kept!
- never saw any garbage on the grounds
-our first impression, when we walked it, blew us away! The resort is stunning!

FOOD:
Amazing!!!! So many restaurants to choose between. The best part is, you don't need to make reservations!

THE ROOMS:
-we stayed in building 3 room 3407. It was the best spot to be because the building was right in the middle so it was easy to get everywhere.
- extremely clean..we were amazed.
- we loved being a little higher as we has heard that those who were on ground level found that sometimes they would find craps in their rooms. They would come through the sliding door.
-had a jacuzzi in the room and we sat in it every single night. It was nice.
-no water issues- everything was great.

SERVICE:
-amazing!!!! We never found anyone without a smile.
-everyone who worked there was willing to help at any point.
-one of the features we loved the most was- free room service! It was great because if we were too tired (coming back from an excursion) or were not able to make it to the restaurant in time (before they closed), we would order the food to our room. The best part is, we wouldn't have to wait for a long time.

RESORT ENTERTAINMENT:
-this is the only area where my husband and I felt the resort was lacking. There was really nothing happening. There are 3-4 different pools and nothing was ever happening at them during the day. We did not spend much time on the beach but also noticed nothing was happening there.
-although we had a great time, 7 nights was too long. We were starting to get bored. If you are the type of person who is looking for a fun/happening resort- this may not be your first pick. It is more of a relaxing resort.
- the last two days there, we were hit with a tropical rainstorm. We were so bored (because nothing was happening in the lobby or anywhere else that we just stayed in our rooms).

BEACH:
We didn't even go on the beach because the water was too choppy and dirty. There was seaweed everywhere- which made it hard to walk. We are not beach people so it didn't matter to us- but it did to those who care.

EXCURSIONS:
-we did go on three great excursions (which totally helped in making this trip great). I would HIGHLY recommend them:
- we went to Coba for the day. The area is awesome. Then we went to a Mayan village to learn about how the Mayans live (still) which was really neat! Lastly, we stopped at a natural water cave and swam in it for about an hour. Such a fun experience. So beautiful. Definitely one of the coolest things I have ever done! Totally worth it!
-swimming with the whale sharks in the middle on the ocean. Definitely a once in a life time experience and would recommend it to anyone who is not afraid of being in the ocean with such HUGE creatures (google them!). While in the water, we also saw dolphins and stingrays! It was incredible! Make sure you take gravel for the boat ride!
- lastly, we went to Playa Del Carmen for a day, which was really fun! So much happening there. You can't go to the Mayan Riviera area and not check out Playa Del Carmen. Very social place!

OVERALL EXPERIENCE:
We loved the resort and loved the relaxing aspect of it- but 7 days was a little too much. We are still in our early 30's so would have liked it to be more happening! Do we have any regrets in picking the resort? No. It's stunning! Would we go back again? No. We want to be in a more lively area.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Prisha2609
Wichita
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I just returned from a 4 night stay at the Azul Sensatori. If you are looking for amazing customer service, a beautiful view, and a family friendly environment, this is for you! I am very particular about customer service, especially in hotels because I travel so much, but this staff goes above and beyond. I brought my bags back to the front desk and the concierge was aghast and actually apologized that I had done it. He quickly helped me with my bags. I didn't think anything of it, just didn't think to call the bell man. =) The whole staff was this way - eager to help and kind. I speak some spanish and love to practice. Everyone was very patient as I stumbled through. I am looking forward to returning to the Azul Sensatori sometime in the future with my kids! I can't say enough good things! Thank you!

Room Tip: I was in building 4 which is closer to the kids stuff and tennis court, which you would think means...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

My Husband and I were invited to a Wedding. Our stay here was FABULOUS! The food (five resturants) was excellent, we didn't have one bad dining experience. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The grounds, property and rooms were neatly maintained. I recommend this resort to ALL.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank KMontgomery6503
Lichfield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

My boyfriend and i stayed here for 7 nights at the begining of August - it was the best holiday we've ever been on! The hotel is beautiful, its off the road up a gated driveway and on its own private bit of beach. When we arrived we were welcomed into the garden lounge, we were given champagne and a damp towel. We were asked to complete a little papaerwork and we were given our room keys, a map of the hotel/grounds and our safe key and lock (don't loose this, its $150 to replace!) We were in room 2418 which was the 2nd adult block on the fourth floor. The room was spotless. It had a queensize bed, 2 wardrobes, a chest of draws, 2 bedside tables, a tv, alarm clock radio/ipod dock, tea/coffee making facilities, mini bar (this is restocked daily with beers, soft drinks and water) a small table and 2 chairs, a jaccuzi and an ensuite (shower, seperate toilet, 2 sinks, hairdryer), the balcony has a sofa and a table and WOW that view!
We mainly spent our time at the adult only pool and swim-up bar (this also doubles as the Shisha Bar, Shisha is $20) which has the best barman, a friendly smiley little chap by the name of Carlos who introduced us to 'Superman' shots and Mango Smash's :) There's always plenty of sun loungers around but the cabanas go very early in the morning. There is a pool just for Premium, and a family pool. There are lots of activities going on during the day and plenty of entertainment at night. Spanish lessons, dance lessons, Cocktail lessons, archery, tequila tastings, shows....you name it and the sensatori have it!
There are 5 restaurants - Carribean, Mexican, Italian, Le Chique (this is payable) Tapaz and the buffet, there's also a beach bbq every day at lunch that has the best ribs!
The beach has lots of loungers, cabana's, a bar and theres a seating area next the beach bbq. Now there is a fair bit of seaweed that washes up on the beach but the staff work tirelessly to remove it - they even have a small digger!! Theres also a hut on the beach for you to rent kayaks for a one off fee of $3.
In the center of the resort is a large round seating area with swinging beds, rocking chairs and benches - this is the coffee and ice cream station. You serve yourself and its open from 6am till 11pm.
The grounds and buildings and very well maintained and are constantly being cleaned, never did i see a member off staff just stood around but they always make time to greet you and ask you how you are. We found every member of staff an absolute delight to talk to and nothing is too much trouble for them, they treat every guest the same - they really make the hotel! Tips are not expected but are always very much appreciated, we tipped because we felt they truley deserved it, we have never had such good service.
The housekeepers are very good, we never found a fault with our room however it wasn't cleaned until about 4pm everyday, but this wasn't a problem and they always left us a towel animal on the bed! :)
Room service is 24 hours, most restaurants are open until 10pm - Tapaz is open until 1am, bars are open until 11pm except the mojito lounge which is open until 2am. There are 31 different flavours to try!
Thompso reps are all english speaking and are there 8-5 every day, again they were very helpful and nothing was a bother for them.
We went on 2 excursions while we were there. Coba Maya Traditions and Royal Dolphin Swim, both were amazing. Our tour guide on the trip to Coba was a fountain of knowledge and seeing how the Maya's live in the jungle was a real eye opener for me.
We will definatly go back to this hotel and are now looking at the other Sensatori's.
Best holiday ever!!

Room Tip: Block 2 of the adult section - the door to our room was adjacent to the back of the hotel where the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Jenny C
Derby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had a great time here, it was far better than I expected. There were at least five restaurants we could use so there was something for everybody. The staff were super friendly and very organised. The maids make towel animals for you each day and scatter flowers on the bed which is a lovely touch. We stayed for a week in March just to escape the English winter blues. We will definitely go back. It's very spacious and there are plenty of pools. The beach was very clean, drinks are served to your sun loungers. A great little holiday.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WaterfallDerby
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

The Big Surprise ?? My daughter and her boyfriend booked the Azul Sensatori early this year....mam, dad, and brother booked a bit later...shhh! (told them we were off to Egypt). Myself, Hilary, and Joe arrived at this fabulous hotel 1 day ahead of the unaware Laura and Marc. Their arrival was one to remember, and I got it all on video "Classic". Anyway i'd like to take this oppurtunity to comment on this hotel on behalf of myself and the family, and sum it up in 1 word "A1 EXCELLENT", we,ve previously been to this part of the world Mexico,and Dominican Republic (twice) and stayed at the Riu Hotel chains which I couldn't fault, but the Sensatori is by far way ahead. The hotel, rooms, grounds, gardens were all immaculate, every member of staff excelled in every way to make this such a memorable holiday, breakfast, lunch, and dinner were always a delight in Restaurants Spoons, Zavas, Zocola, Tapas, and Sienna, if you want to try Le Chique, be prepared for a 3 hour dining experience, and it is an experience. There were many bars to chill and relax by day and night, or if you want entertainment you've got the roof top lounge, then the Mojito lounge until 2am, the beach comes alive once or twice a week with the beach party which we all enjoyed. One thing you never forget when you have had such a brilliant holiday is the people who made it for you. I would like to thank every member of staff who are a credit to the Azul Sensatori, but in particular who me and my family have extra special memories of, Leticia ,Mellisa, and Arli (concierge), Laser!!! (bell boy), Carlos (beach bar), Jose(Zocalo), Pamela(carribbean), and last but not least BECCA!!!! (entertainment).

Anyone reading trip advisor, just like me and my family were not long ago, choose the Azul Sensatori Mexico, it's exceeded our expectations, you'll not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

#2 of 213 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,923 reviews
Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort
Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

Been to Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Mexico? Share your experiences!