Beautiful hotel, nice rooms, nothing bad to say about the service at all. Everything is a "pleasure".
I would recommend this hotel for families, it's not a romantic couples getaway at all. There is only one restaurant that is adults only (Le Chique) and there is an extra cost for it. Honestly, in our opinion, it wasn't worth the $50, it's all about the presentation. You get very little actual food, and although it was very good, anyone who is not open to experimental eating wont like it (an example: Foie Gras wrapped in cotton candy served in tree branches).
ROOM: We ended up with an upgrade (a very nice upgrade!) because when we arrived there was no room available as they had had a flight cancellation which meant many people couldn't check out when they were supposed to. They sent us next door to Secrets Silversands (which is adults only, and very nice!) for one night, and when we got our room the next day we had been upgraded to a honeymoon suite in building 4 (4332). We had a huge wrap around deck right on the ocean and with pool view on one side, and included all premium amenities (access to premium pool, free Internet, special pillows, etc). We booked with a time share exchange (paying extra for the all-inclusive food & drinks) so part of the reason we got a better upgrade was because we agreed to go on the time share presentation and of course they hoped we would buy. Anyone who has heard time share horror stories-this was the BEST presentation we've been to. No pressure whatsoever, we've been to a few nightmare ones and this one was well worth it (we got a $500 discount on our all-inclusive fee).
FOOD: I think our biggest disappointment was with the food. It wasn't bad, but not outstanding in any way. We like to eat well, and the food was kind of boring. I guess they want to please most people and it is a family resort, so I would assume most people are pleased with the food. The best meal we had was at Secrets Silversands next door on our first night in their French restaurant - it was truly delicious. Also, because its a family resort there are no restaurants to go to (besides Le Chique) for a romantic, dress up evening. None of the restaurants take reservations, so often you had to wait 30 minutes or more for a table. On the last night we waited over an hour, and the restaurant had many empty tables. People were getting grumpy! There is 24/7 room service available, which is great, we had a few seaside breakfasts on our deck. The bad thing is that you cannot get even a glass of wine with room service. So if you want a romantic evening in (with wine), you have to walk down to the bar and carry back plastic glasses of wine, which kind of defeats the purpose of room service. We had been told that the premium upgrade included wine with room service but maybe we should have tried the concierge. We just let it go.
BEACH: The beach was very nice, it was raked every morning, we found it to be very clean.
ENTERTAINMENT: The all-inclusive is only food and drinks. There are no kayaks, catamarans, etc included as there are with some other resorts.
All-in-all, a beautiful resort, one we would recommend for families, be we wouldn't return simply because we would like a more romantic, couples getaway (we would try the El Dorado adult only resorts by Karisma though).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring the renowned Gourmet Inclusive(R) concept by Karisma, the Azul Sensatori Mexico Hotel brings together spacious facilities with unlimited activities and services. Azul Sensatori Mexico is designed to allow couples, groups, wedding parties, families and friends from all generations to re-connect under the sun. The 435 spacious and luxurious suites are tastefully designed in contemporary Caribbean style with dark wood accents and canopy beds. These suites are located in four story buildings with an elevator in each building. Views are either pool, garden, ocean or ocean front. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Sensatori Hotel, By Karisma Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Azul Sensatori By Karisma Hotel
- Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Mexico Riviera Maya - Puerto Morelos