“Wannagoback!”

Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Mexico
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Just returned from a 12 day holiday in the Azul and what stays with us is the overall attention to all aspects of their service in this modern, new hotel from from a professional warm friendly check-in to a well planned and helpful checkout. All inclusive was amazing, drinks were all those recognised at home. Restaurants all good Caribbean exceptional for breakfast, lunch and dinner also their outside bar and poolside bar - Raymundo the man for the cocktails and Luisa for her service with a smile beach service. Spoons self service restaurant self service, always open pop in anytime Erica will be there to greet you with a smile and fun. Mojito bar also lot of fun and service always with a smile from Miguel and Eduardo. Size, layout and cleanliness of rooms excellent. You have to remember that this hotel is set in a nature reserve aka swamp therefore everyone suffers from gnat bites at some time during the holiday so take medication with you. Beach was disappointing but they are constantly clearing the beach of seedweed, however, walking, drinking and BBQ on the beach remain unaffected. When booking this holiday you can rest assured that you will meet some great people from all over and have a lot of fun.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are the best for their stunning views of the sea and resort and quieter one are in B...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Hotspots21st

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We have just come back from a two week holiday at Azul Sensatori hotel and have to say we had an amazing time. All the restaurants were good with friendly staff. But I had to say that the Mexican restaurant wasn’t that great. Room service wasn’t that bad and we used it a few times. Le Chic was fantastic and took about two and a half hours. The room was lovely and was cleaned every day with lovely towel art every day. For the first week we didn’t need to reserve any beds but when it started to pick up on the end of our holiday with weddings they were gone pretty quickly. I think the only thing which let the hotel down was the very loud guests. I have nothing against American’s but these guests took over the whole adult pool and most of the beds in there large group and you just couldn’t relax.
During our holiday I purposed to my partner on the moon lit beach which was amazing. Just a word of warning there are lots of mosquitoes about!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DNock88
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We went to the Azul Sensatori in April 2012. The resort is gorgeous- clean and well maintained. The staff is excellent, courteous and attentive. We had two small kids with us and they were offerred chocolate milk shakes at check in- while we received glasses of champagne!

Room was exactly as expected- clean and very spacious. Balcony was excellent- big and comfortable. We had a wonderful ocean view and spent alot of time out there. The maids did an excellent job and designed funny towel animals that the kids loved.

Kids club was great- the kids never wanted to leave and they even had a gaming room- which my daughter and husband took advantage of on one of the days when it rained. they have alot of kids activities planned, throughout the day as well as into the evning, so make sure you get a schedule of al the events. Also, you can borrow toys from the kids club which was great for the baby.

Pools were fantastic- clean and not at all crowded- never had an issue finding chairs for us. The waiters at the pool were exceptional- as soon as they saw us they would come over to see if we wanted our "usual".

Food at the restaurants was great- we loved the variety at Spoons- and since we have kids- we opted to have the majority of our meals there. The Italian and Mexican restaurants were good as well (fish tacos especially). the waiters were exceptional- they remembered us from one night to another- one even got us a carton of milk for the baby, when we asked for a glass.

The only disappointment is the beach. We are beach lovers- but we were really disspointed. The water is murky and there is a ALOT of seaweed- not only washing up on shore- but in the water as well which makes swimming a little difficult- especially because there are alot of rocks as well. As everyone says- the resort staff tries to clean it up- but it never stops. If you want to go to the beach and swim- this is not the resort for you.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 3rd floor so we had a great view of the pool area as well as the ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Gloria C
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Had a great stay here. The rooms were top notch - modern, clean and comfortable. The food was good and the drinks were even better. The beach wasn't that nice however. Close to airport and other tourist attractions. Had a great stay here.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kiegelmann
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Just got back from an amazing 2 weeks here, couldnt fault it or the staff. Took our children here for our wedding, they had a wonderful time and were very sad to leave and we miss everyone over there. The Azulito's aka kids club staff were brilliant they made the kids holiday one to remember.

Resort was spotless, staff were up very early cleaning the pools every day. Toilets were clean and smelling fresh all day long. Our room was cleaned every day and beautiful little displays made for us with towels daily with fresh flowers. It was beautiful.

Food was excellent and the waiters were very attentive and so welcoming, i must say i never had a bad experience in any of the lovely restaurants here all the staff were wonderful.

The night time entertainment was fantastic they had so much going on and so many things for the kids to do the azulito's staff work so hard to keep all the children entertained day and night.

The only negative thing i have to say about this resort is sadly the wedding department here, we got married on 1-10-12 and from start to finish we had problems.
I was contacted by 3 diffrent wedding co-ordinators via e-mail regarding details for my up-coming wedding and given wrong information by them. All the information i was given by thomson in our package wasnt up to date as some of the requirement from the wedding team had changed and when i tried to confirm information via thomson they wasnt aware of those changes.

There seems to be serious communication issues with thomson and there wedding team based in miami.

On arrival i met with our wedding co-ordinator thats based at resort and went through the detailed sheet with all our requirements and was asked if we had our own vows to say or if we were happy to say what the registrar say's, we said we was happy to copy what she say's under the impression that we would be saying traditional/standard vows.

This was not the case the only words we said to one another was just 'i do'

Our wedding co-ordinator should have made us aware of this so we could have arranged our vows.

Our whole ceremony took all of 10-15 minutes. And straight after they started taking the sheers down as we were having our photographs taken.

We was also told that as we were only a party of 8 we couldnt have a private function, i was very dissapointed by this as i dont understand how we couldnt have had our meal on the pier.

we had our wedding meal in the spoons resaurant and on arrival i noticed that no wedding cake was on display with our flowers, i assumed that they would bring the cake out after our meal as we had children with us that might not eat there meal if they can see a cake. i requested the wedding cake to be brought out once we had eaten, and to my horror they brough out a cake that looked like a chocolate gateau. At this point i could have cried as the whole day didnt go as expected.

The next morning our breakfast in bed was wrong, we ordered the tropical fruit platter and ended up with mushrooms and eggs.

I went to the wedding teams office straight away and her responce to our complaints were ' well the registrar only say's what she has to to make it a legal wedding' and ' well you did order a chocolate sponge cake'
I asked her if every other couple who asked for a chocolate sponge cake got the same cake as me and she pulled out some photographs of wedding cakes they provide and not one of them looked like a gateau, she couldnt answer when i asked her why i wasnt shown this at our meeting prior to the wedding.
As you can imagine this was not how i imagined our wedding day to be, i was devistated that we went to such a beautiful resort and they provided us with this service for such an important day.
I am most certainly making a formal complaint.

I would also not advice anyone to fly with thomson for a wedding/honeymoon we was told on departure to cancun that she had given us good seats so the children had a window seat (this was there first time flying so another experience for them) when we got on the plane there was no window. Then departing from cancun i asked if we could upgrade our seats as i didnt expect 4 premium seats offered to us for free and the lady said she had already upgraded us to my surprise. Then on boarding we was given standard seats again with no window.
I am not a very happy customer of thomson and most certainly will never use this company again.

so just beware when booking a wedding or honeymoon with thomson make sure you cover every last detail.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
KarismaHotelsResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Firstly, I would like to congratulate you on your recent nuptials. It was very special to be a part of your wedding celebrations and we wish you and your husband many years of happiness together.

I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your overall holiday experience at the Azul Sensatori Hotel. However, we are very sorry that your experiences with the planning of your wedding fell short of expectations.

We have been in contact with you privately about this circumstance. All of our brides and grooms are asked if they would like to say their own vows. At many civil ceremonies, there is a standard reading where the couples respond, “I do.” If our wedding couple wishes to say their own vows, the service is adapted and time is provided prior to the exchange of the rings.

As explained in our private correspondence, to have your reception on the hotel pier was a nice idea however due to health, hygiene and safety aspects, the pier is not used for any private events. Also, we did mention that a wedding cake was not purchased during the planning of your wedding. Instead, you opted for a chocolate sponge cake which was confirmed on your arrival to the hotel. In order to resolve the issue, your cake was replaced with a chocolate cake covered in white fondant with sugar flowers.

I do apologize for the service mentioned from our weddings department and I am working with the weddings staff to ensure all our wedding couple receive only the very best.

Anna Pegler, Customer Services Manager

Reviewed October 11, 2012

we have just came back from a 2 week holiday a this resort and have to say it exceeded all our expectations. It may seem expensive but you defiantly get your money's worth in food and cocktails which were excellent with a large variety choices. All the staff were extremely friendly and polite with a select few who would go that little bit further to make you feel special. The only disappointment was the mexican restaurant, there was very limited choice and if you like mexican food in england (like me) you will be very disappointed with the food quality, room service serve better tacos then the mexican. Having said that this was only a minor negative as all the other restaurants were great. In our opinion Le Chic was defiantly the best with the heston style courses which were all delicious, then the caribbean and tapas were both as great as each other as we ate in these 2 restaurants 4 times each! there is no limit to what you can order and how many times you can visit the all restaurants, so if you want good quality food on tap and tasty cocktails too this is the ideal hotel. The room was massive for a standard room and was properly cleaned every single day throughout our stay. There was never a need to get up early to reserve loungers as there was always plenty available all day but the day beds on other hand were taken pretty quickly (by 9-10am) which isnt exactly early compared to other hotels and destinations. During our holiday we got engaged and are really looking foward to booking this hotel for our honeymoon in 2014 and would strongly recommend this hoilday to everyone as it was truly perfect.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Food was great, room was clean, service unequal, bathtub full of rust..> first time in a 5 stars- I'm a backpack traveller but I wouldn't rate this 5 stars

BUT let come to my title of my review...the worst was this nice "scheme" to steal your stuff from the room.

First, I did let my guards down, I figured in a 5 stars, I could leave my little digital camera on the top of a dresser for a couple of hours during day time. NO - it was stolen. And here is how they do it.
Maid comes in at noon. She has been instructed to get security to make a list of valuables left outside the safety box. They make a list of my camera and my roomate's phone. Shopping list is handed to security and the sutff disappears within 2 hours. Security does not let me know at first all the details about this report and the fact that they know exactly WHO entered the room, at what time for how long. They come, look concerned, make a report of the stolen stuff, try to make me feel bad for not using the safe (am I supposed to put my designer bathing suit and nice shoes for the wedding I attended in safety box), search the room, tell me I misplaced my camera because all the tourist are drunk and misplace things. Say they will interrogate and search the 2 people that were in my room....Yeah sure.... I spoke to the maid and I do believe that she did NOT take anything. She is the one who explained to me she had to report the 2 items camera and phone to security as instructed. The only other person that came in was a guy refilling the drinks in the fridge.

Anyways, I just wish the hotel would warn people stuff gets stolen on a regular basis from rooms by staff because it does. They hide behind: "you should have used the safety deposit box".
If they were serious about security, they would give extra warning at the time of check-in, limit the access to the room (maid at noon, refill fridge, extra towels afternoon, maid late afternoon) and they would not have guests give out their room number to restaurants or when booking outings to advertise guests are not in their room while eating or on outings.

Room Tip: One with a BIG security box!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Isabelle S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Morelos
Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya
Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya
#3 of 27 in Puerto Morelos
Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa Del Carmen
Azul Beach Resort The Fives Play...
#58 of 212 in Playa del Carmen
Now Jade Riviera Cancun
Now Jade Riviera Cancun
#8 of 27 in Puerto Morelos
Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun

Been to Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Mexico? Share your experiences!