It may sound like a funny title but you'll understand why once you get here and try sleeping for a night. Let me start at the beginning...the grounds are nice and well kept but the buildings and pools are tired to say the least. The pool and kids splash pads are tiled and missing tiles in places, I found a bunch of loose tiles on the ground in the splash pad where my 9 mth old was crawling. There are deep cracks and missing rocks on all the sidewalks that surround the various Buildings. The rooms may look cute on the website pictures however the rooms are VERY tired and the walls are PAPER thin. We had the misfortune of being put in rooms right across from the cleaning supply room, the room is accessed ALL NIGHT by the cleaning staff that push heavy duty metal carts up and down the hallways. This constant noise made it impossible to sleep and impossible to get our baby down for the night. Every time he'd fall asleep, another cart would go by. We heard several other ppl complaining about the same thing.
The food is NOT gourmet but it's better than some of the other all inclusives we've been to. I got food poisoning from the Italian restaurant and was sick in bed for the entire following day. Each restaurant (except le chique) is VERY baby friendly, plenty of high chairs, baby food and toys, and you don't feel bad if your baby makes a noise because all the other kids are making noises as well.
The staff is really good (Antonio at the poolside bar by Zavaz) they were pleasant and helpful. Make sure to tip them, regardless of the fact that this is "factored in" to the bill already. The massages at the spa were wonderful too.
All in all this is a 3 star resort at best, and very family oriented so make sure you are prepared for the kids and lackluster accomodations before you book here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring the renowned Gourmet Inclusive(R) concept by Karisma, the Azul Sensatori Mexico Hotel brings together spacious facilities with unlimited activities and services. Azul Sensatori Mexico is designed to allow couples, groups, wedding parties, families and friends from all generations to re-connect under the sun. The 435 spacious and luxurious suites are tastefully designed in contemporary Caribbean style with dark wood accents and canopy beds. These suites are located in four story buildings with an elevator in each building. Views are either pool, garden, ocean or ocean front. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Sensatori Hotel, By Karisma Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Azul Sensatori By Karisma Hotel
- Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Mexico Riviera Maya - Puerto Morelos