“Fish amazing”

Chilpayas
Description: SeaFood Restaurant
Description: SeaFood Restaurant
Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

We were headed for a different restaurant which was closed so a local suggested this. The fish was superb. Fresh, cooked beautifully and the staff were fun. Highly recommend this Veracruz style cooking and get the fish cooked in foil and ask for the local fish. Highly recommend this spot.

Reviewed April 8, 2019

I was very happy to discover this Restaurant in Puerto Morelos, seafood is great! , some delicatessen from Veracruz are awesome, very friendly staff and prices are good. What else can you ask for? A must visit when you go to Puerto Morelos!

Reviewed April 8, 2019

Eating at Chilpayas allows you to taste the best food of Veracruz in eastern Mexico. I loved the stuffed grilled fish-yummy! Fine dining at affordable prices. Worth going to more than once. Great! Move in next door if you can!

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

This place is a shining example of TripAdvisor has changed the market place. I suspect that this place was successful as a not-too-fancy seafood place tucked away in the working class part of town, miles from the beach and tourists, with a local clientele. While it still is that, the TripAdvisor rankings at the top of hundreds of restaurants has attracted the tourists away from the resorts and beach, and made this joint busy.
The dining area is open to the street, with fans to keep it comfortable. It is very clean, including bathrooms. It is clear that management wants customers to have a good experience. When the was a bit of a language problem, the observant manager (owner?) was right to the table with a smile to help.
About the food - it was delicious. All tasted fresh, well seasoned, and large portions. I made the mistake of thinking that if I ordered the smaller size offerings, I could get two entres, as I was really hungry. So, I proceeded to get the stuffed avacado and the smaller shrimp ceviche. Either one would have been plenty on its own. And either one would have been a good choice, but I especially liked the flavor of the shrimp salad on the avacado.
My wife had a Margarita which was blah, and I was glad to have picked the michelada. The small comped peanut drink at the end was an interesting and pleasant close to our time at this jewel.

Reviewed April 5, 2019 via mobile

Wow what an awesome place if you’re a foodie! Amazing amazing AWESOME shrimp for such a great price. I’m so impressed with this restaurant, I have never been so glad that I’ve followed a trip advisor review. EAT HERE.