“Excellent Seafood Resto”

Chilpayas
Description: SeaFood Restaurant
Description: SeaFood Restaurant
Reviewed March 28, 2019 via mobile

We went here on our last day on our one week stay at Vidanta based on solid reviews and we absolutely loved it! We ordered their local fried fish, chipalyas and coconut shrimp, fried and steamed seafood mix and everything was tastefully done. I came with 2 small children (picky eater) and they were apprehensive about the menu at first but once they tasted their food, they could not be bothered at all. They ate everything like it was pizza and cheeseburger. The owner was very welcoming upon entering at the restaurant. Nothing fancy about this place just plain good old home cooking!!

Reviewed March 28, 2019 via mobile

We had a good dinner and the staff was super friendly. I was a little disappointed in the ceviche. It didn’t have much flavor, but my husband’s meal was delish and my daughter enjoyed her fried fish. It was expensive but tasty. I would recommend, but honestly preferred El Sauzon Jarocho, it was much less expensive and I enjoyed the meal more.

Reviewed March 27, 2019 via mobile

The service was excellent! The food was the best meal we have had so far on our short trip. We will be back here next time for sure!

Reviewed March 22, 2019

After reading the reviews here and on Facebook, we couldn't wait to try Chilpayas. Such an excellent experience - the food was fantastic, the welcome was warm, the staff checked on us regularly but quietly. We began with giant mojitos and chips and dip, and we were offered a complimentary cup of crab broth - it was really good. Then on to the main course - I had coconut shrimp (made with freshly grated coconut), and my friend had veracruzana fish fillet. Superb! At the end of the meal we were offered complimentary torritos, a small drink made with cream, peanuts and rum - oh yummmmmm .... a perfect way to end our meal. Prices are VERY reasonable, and the quality of food was exceptional. This restaurant is a gem hidden on a side street in the Colonia portion of Puerto Morelos, and is worth going out of your way for. And now we cannot wait to go back!

1  Thank loongirl
Reviewed March 19, 2019

We had a wonderful shrimp lunch here. Menus only in Spanish but staff were very helpful with the translation. We would definitely go back here again. Reasonably priced and free tasting of soup and drink as well.