Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
16,101 results
All reviews blue moon privilege lounge villa marina daisy club privilege beach privilege package mike's coffee shop pool bar privilege guests the lion king crepe restaurant casa del mar quiet pool jose luis entertainment staff kids pool beach concierge
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When I arrived at this gem of a hotel, I was tired , grumpy, sad and worn out. I decided to go for a walk, to clear my mind.

Arriving to the beach i met a waitor called Eduardo García. He was funny, charming and very professionel. You could tell he was very passionate about his profession.

Eduardo García made my day. He didnt only fill my drinks, but he made jokes and small talk. Within minutes i was actually laughing, and my sadness and grumpy feelings were all gonne.

I enjoyed the rest of my stay a lot. Clean rooms, nice cocktails and delicious food.

I'd recommend

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We originally booked Ocean Maya, but were told upon arrival that the resort was overbooked, due to third party booking agencies, like Bookit, which we had used. So, they took care of transporting us to Ocean Coral & Turquesa for 3 nights and upgraded our rooms at both hotels. They also upgraded us to "privilege". Our favorite hotel was Ocean Maya.
Let's start with Ocean Turquesa... The resort was a family resort, though we rarely saw kids running around. The rooms seemed a bit more dated than Ocean Maya. Turquesa was also a MUCH bigger resort, which we didn't like. However, the beach at Turquesa was nicer. I loved the Privilege lounge for breakfast and lunch. It was nice to sit on the deck in the morning and enjoy an a la carte breakfast. That was my favorite part! They had a really nice tapas lunch, too. The privilege pool was the quietest. There was a french cafe at the pool, which played relaxing french music all day. It's best to get up early and reserve lounge chairs at the pool. They are hard to come by and people can be VERY territorial with their chairs! The waiter came around consistently to bring us drinks. The fire show is a MUST see. It was the best show! The evening trivia games were also fun. The Grease show was a lip syncing show, which we didn't like. We ended up walking out after the first two songs. Be sure to stop in the spa for the hot tub, sauna, steam room, and pool. It's awesome! We had two double beds in our room, but we're used to a queen bed at home. My boyfriend is 6'4 and the bed was a bit too small for the two of us. Also, as an FYI - there are cats everywhere at this resort.
Now for Ocean Maya... It is adults only a smaller resort, which we preferred. The staff is much more personal, as well. The privilege beach was nice and the waiter brought us drinks and lunch. We did book an excursion at Ocean Maya and we had a blast! I highly recommend requesting a trip to Tulum, Coba, and the Mayan village with tour guides Euri and Rebeca. We walked to the fresh water lagoon and would have gone back if we had more time - maybe next time! The bed was a king, which was the perfect size and super comfy!
ALL of the food and drinks were amazing. I didn't have a single bad meal, which is saying a lot for an all inclusive! The wildlife was plentiful and added a nice touch to the resort.

2  Thank theoffbeatplanet
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From check in to check out the staff at this hotel make it an excellent place to stay. The grounds, pools, restaurants, rooms, and such would rate a 4 star, the staff at this resort would rate 6 stars if available. My wife and I along with 3 children had a great time. A very large resort that had enough for everyone. The kids pool was fantastic, the adult pool was fantastic, the staff went out of their way to get you everything you wanted. We did not upgrade to the premium package and I do not feel we missed a thing. The food was great and many options, the drinks never ran out. The beach was good but the water was always choppy. Our family vacations in Mexico 2 times a year and the one thing that stood out at this resort was it was sparkling clean from the room to the pool to the bathrooms like they never stopped cleaning! You will not be disappointed.

Room tip: We had a ground level room and it was perfect
3  Thank chidog20
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visit few hotels on riviera Maya and this is the best why/?
the staff is amazing ,freindly and they do everything they can to make you fell good
Special mention tothe host at the buffet Susana Salazar very professional .Also at the restaurant Mexican Aida is so nice and carring for her clients.Super
We also met Eduardo Garcia at the beach who bring us our drinks all days .
And at the casa Marina 2 people need to be mention Mario and Angelina they are always smiling and happy to see you every day

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Jorge was amazing!! Please request him if you want excellent service. Food was great, excellent bbq. Nice manager checked on us, Zuriel. And atmosphere lots of fun Samantha was very friendly and took such good care of us.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple