We recently stayed at this resort from July 23-30. We attempted to find out more about this resort but there was not much infor available than what was provided by the tour operator and the Trip Advisor website. The resort is clean, medium sized with friendly staff and the food was varied and plentiful.
Our check in was a little slow as there a number of documents to complete and sign and there weren’t many staff to cater for new folks who have just arrived. Nevertheless, we were greeted with some cold drinks and the staff were very accommodating when we requested a change of rooms (due to the ocean view which we had requested and paid extra for). The rooms were very spacious and clean and provided the much needed A/C during our stay (albeit a little noisy as they need to be on all the time).
The hotel was in good shape and had a variety of restaurants to suite all tastes including a coffee shop and a specialty section in the buffet for those with dietary restrictions. The only issues we came across were:
1. limited wifi range (not available on the beach & parts of the resort)
2. Instability of the wifi – sometimes dropped connection no matter where we were
3. The areas where the tour operator provided excursions was without A/C and consequently everyone was sweating in this space; moving out to another location only resulted in the excursions staff being harassed by the security in the building
4. The theatre where many shows took place was also without much needed A/C which meant a lot of sweaty people
5. The pillows were lumpy! Not much of an issue for me but I know some members of my party thought they needed to be replaced!
The hotel provides a variety of activities for everyday of the week however, the least publicized is the bike tour – I discovered this 2 days before we departed. Try to go on this tour as it provides a visit to the local town of Puerto Morelos and habitants nearby. This is leisurely tour to this quaint sleepy town where you are given time for refreshments and shopping before heading back to the resort. Our tour guide, Argel was excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, this enchanting all-inclusive resort offers an array of activities to engage your senses. This dazzling all-inclusive resort is located on prime beachfront property in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, close to Cancun and neighboring Riviera Maya communites. With sweeping views of the Caribbean, a magnificent white-sand beach with crystalline waters, and surrounded with tropical foliage, Ocean Coral & Turquesa offers a wide range of activities for everyone, along with an assortment of services to ensure that you have an unforgettable Caribbean vacation. Enjoy a variety of gastronomic fare, round-the-clock entertainment, children's programs, and Mexican hospitality. Whether it's a romantic getaway for two, a family vacation, a self-indulging spa vacation, even a business retreat, we have it all, in one all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Ocean Coral & Turquesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Ocean Coral And Turquesa
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos