We went from Feb 12 to 26 and our friends joined us from Feb 16 to 26. Good stuff first....
Staff were great! Very friendly, always cheerful and couldn't do enough for you. Room was adequate, but bed and pillows were hard and bumpy (in that order). Our maid was good but inconsistent. One day we'd end up with 4 bath towels - next day we'd get 3. Same with wash cloths and hand towels. Bar fridge was always filled up with water and pop and a couple of beers.
We found the specialty restaurants' food quite good - the Japanese the best.
The hotel itself was very clean and, from where we were, pretty quiet. However, we were near the middle pool (pool bar pool) and almost every second night they had parties where the music (mostly bass) was pumped out at full volume from 10 pm to midnight! Unacceptable!
Not so good stuff.....
Our first days the buffet food was so-so. It picked up after 4-5 days, but every day they ran out of scrambled eggs and bacon and more than once we waited over 15 minutes for the trays to be refilled. Also, we always had to wait quite a while before a waiter would come with coffee.
Our biggest complaint was the long wait in line to get into the specialty restaurants. No reservations allowed except for the privilged folk (have to pay extra to get upgraded just to be able to make reservations??? Don't think so). We had to be in line at least from 515 pm just to get in and then, if a 'privileged' guest arrived, they were ushered in ahead of you. Again - unacceptable! The Japanese restaurant ran differently. You stood in line from 515 to get in for 6 pm or make a reservation for 730 or 9 pm. Another thing - if the hotel had a special theme night (Mexican, Caribbean, etc.), - which were great - one of the specialty restaurants had to close. Staff shortage??? Then the next night, one of the other specialty restaurants closed. In other words, the paying guests were forced to eat where maybe they didn't want to go - they literally had no choice. The Blue Moon had a dress code only for men who had to wear long pants. Yet ladies were allowed in cut-offs, shorts, flip flops, etc. Again - not acceptable.
Beach and pool lounges - a big joke. There are signs posted lounge chairs are NOT to be saved by guests. We were there 2 weeks and only got to sit on the beach lounges twice - both times later in the afternoon. Some of them (including the pool areas as well) had towels (or personal items) sitting on them all day and no one showed up at all. We realize this type of thing is hard to police but something, I'm sure can be done. It is truly an unfair practice and should be better controlled.
All in all, we still had a good time - the pool staff were excellent, the pools were exceptionally clean and well maintained, the beach was wonderful. We did, however, find the resort to be somewhat secluded as it was a $20-40 cab ride to go shopping as there was only the hotel gift shop available. Not much there to look at. This is not a 4-1/2 * resort as advertised. Next time we will pay a little more and go with a more reputable resort. We wouldn't recommend the Ocean Coral to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, this enchanting all-inclusive resort offers an array of activities to engage your senses. This dazzling all-inclusive resort is located on prime beachfront property in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, close to Cancun and neighboring Riviera Maya communities. With sweeping views of the Caribbean, a magnificent white-sand beach with crystalline waters, and surrounded with tropical foliage, Ocean Coral & Turquesa offers a wide range of activities for everyone, along with an assortment of services to ensure that you have an unforgettable Caribbean vacation. Enjoy a variety of gastronomic fare, round-the-clock entertainment, children's programs, and Mexican hospitality. Whether it's a romantic getaway for two, a family vacation, a self-indulging spa vacation, even a business retreat, we have it all, in one all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Ocean Coral & Turquesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Coral And Turquesa
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos