No one cares about anyone's flight, the bus ride over or the weather as that has nothing to do with the resort. Room was damp and musty but tolerable. The problem could be easily fixed. They have ground floor moisture problems? Do away with the outside shrubbery that retains moisture at the foundation of the ground floor units in many buildings, we had building #15. They dig out 6 inches deep for moisture to be retained for these shrubs to 6 feet from foundation, bad decision that causes the problems. Maid was very good. Pool was very clean and nice, well laid out and most of the time chairs were available in a good spot. A real plus for this resort even though we are beach people. Food was above average, service at this resort was exceptional. Really liked the ala carte restaurants. Good service and food. Mikes coffee shop a nice addition. And they are all in the same area. Layout of resort is very nice. Very quiet place and they were near capacity. And again, the people that work here are very good and go out of their way. The bad starts with there is not a table in any restaurant here that an average person can get their legs under. And the seats at the Mexican restaurant are very uncomfortable. Same with the seating in the lobby in many areas. The person that bought the tables everywhere and most of the furniture had no clue about comfort. Never been to a resort where this was an issue before and this is our 17th, 12th in that area of Mexico. The trash in the surf at the beach is bad. Floating plastic and paper and bottle caps washed up on the beach. Driving a tractor by a few times a day is a weak attempt to pick up this trash. The seaweed is not the fault of the resort but the fact that management does not value the most important asset they have there, THE BEACH, tells me something. They should have 2 workers out there at ALL daylight hours picking up the trash and netting the trash out of the surf. It is that bad on the north side of the property. Either they do it or they don't. While we were there they did not. The trash is visible and no one does anything about it because it washes up from the sea. The outdoor buffet they left warmers not warm anymore and many got sick, wife and I included, from the steak and shrimp kabobs left there. That mistake can happen anywhere but this was avoidable. Our fault also but how could we know how long they had been out there? The towel on chairs game was the absolute worst I have ever seen. You could go out on to the beach and every chair there had a towel on it and the ones occupied were maybe 20% if that. 80% would sit vacant almost all day and around 3 pm a couple would show up and stay for a hour. Outrageous. Many times we saw a couple and drape one towel over 2 chairs each and "reserve" 4 chairs to sit vacant all day and many times we would see people come at the end of the day and pick up their towels having NEVER used the chair at any time during the day. Again, the worst we have ever seen and there has to be some monitoring of this to stop it. Almost as bad at pool. Overall, what I go for and what I increasingly find from talking with other tourists is VALUE. This place is a very good pick for overall value as we got a real good deal. However, would not go back due to the beach not being very good, water is stained from the seaweed. That is not the fault of the resort but this section of beach is the worst of any in that area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, this enchanting all-inclusive resort offers an array of activities to engage your senses. This dazzling all-inclusive resort is located on prime beachfront property in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, close to Cancun and neighboring Riviera Maya communites. With sweeping views of the Caribbean, a magnificent white-sand beach with crystalline waters, and surrounded with tropical foliage, Ocean Coral & Turquesa offers a wide range of activities for everyone, along with an assortment of services to ensure that you have an unforgettable Caribbean vacation. Enjoy a variety of gastronomic fare, round-the-clock entertainment, children's programs, and Mexican hospitality. Whether it's a romantic getaway for two, a family vacation, a self-indulging spa vacation, even a business retreat, we have it all, in one all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Ocean Coral & Turquesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Ocean Coral And Turquesa
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos