To make a long story short (and save your time):
- check in time officialy at 15 (but ask earlier or just relax with few drinks)
- don't be scared about the "sophisticated" room numbers - stay calm and take a look at the plan or just follow any of the very helpful stuff (have some tip ready because they really deserve it)
- ROOM (at the ground floor - numer 14106) - very clean, quite dark, very humid
If you fancy coffee in your room - don't use the tap water, use the bottled one (even though I heard they have their own filtration system in the resort)
- SLEEP - nice beds but huge pillows (I ended up with neck pain) without any smaller spare ones, in my room it was quiet during the night (unless you are crazy enough to turn on the aircon which sounds more like a jet starting his engines than anything else)
I have to warn you - legion of mosquitos was waiting for my blood everyday behind the terrace window - brrr!
- FOOD huuuuge variety, but for me sometimes too blunt and sometimes too cold (especially lunches)
Breakfast are in one place (unless I missed something) and its in the "french restaurant"
You can have your dinner every night in a different restaurant but for most of them you need to make a reservation before.
- DRINKS (alcohol ones if anybody has doubts ;-) ) - I have no idea what was the secret ingredient that made all the drinks unmercifully sweet; after 2 days of colourful 25 tablespoons of "pinacolada sugar" and 25 tablespoons of "mohito sugar" I continued with gin& tonic and coke & whiskey for the rest of the stay
- ALL THE RESORT - neat, clean, renovated on daily basis almost,full of greenery, well organised, the stuff is helpful and I could even say "humble" (asked for sticking plaster at the reception and there was no problem) . The only problem could be the fact that we are in an isolated location (not counting the fishing village 1 h by beach), so any trip has to be planned with a car/taxi/bus.
- FOR THE PARTY ANIMALS - don't count on much - the music stops at 12:30 (not suprised as there are some rooms nearby the pool with disco)
To sum up: despite the small inconveniences I described, I had a great time there and I'm not disappointed.
If you have any further questions don't hesitate asking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, this enchanting all-inclusive resort offers an array of activities to engage your senses. This dazzling all-inclusive resort is located on prime beachfront property in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, close to Cancun and neighboring Riviera Maya communities. With sweeping views of the Caribbean, a magnificent white-sand beach with crystalline waters, and surrounded with tropical foliage, Ocean Coral & Turquesa offers a wide range of activities for everyone, along with an assortment of services to ensure that you have an unforgettable Caribbean vacation. Enjoy a variety of gastronomic fare, round-the-clock entertainment, children's programs, and Mexican hospitality. Whether it's a romantic getaway for two, a family vacation, a self-indulging spa vacation, even a business retreat, we have it all, in one all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotel.de, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Ocean Coral & Turquesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Coral And Turquesa
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos