We have just returned from a wonderful week at the Ocean Coral (August 19-26). The resort is beautiful and well maintained. There are 3 pools, one with a swim up bar. Towel service is generally good but there is no towel service at the swim up bar so you need to go over to either of the other pools and bring them back with you. There were generally enough loungers but sometimes you had to scrounge around and gather them up if you wanted more than one. The beach was delightful. the water is calm due to the reef being 1/2 a kilometer off shore. Seaweed is deposited on shore, tractors regularly comb the beach to remove it. There are plenty of loungers on the beach. At times Most of them were occupied but like the pool we were able to pull a couple together.
The staff were incredible, always wanting to make sure guest needs were cared for. There was even a server working around the pools and beach area taking drink orders. That was an unexpected pleasure. I think that they could use some extra help in the main dining room. It was difficult to get refills of water, drinks or morning coffee. One thing that would make things easier is to install a pop/beer dispenser along with a coffee urn. Guests have to get up and get food, they can easily refill their drinks at the same time. Generally in the mornings we had to "steal" mugs from other tables.
Our room was a Junior Suite with an ocean view on the 4th floor of building 10. It was very spacious and clean. Geny expertly prepared our room every morning and left a different towel animal on the bed. There was a fridge in the room that was stocked with a couple of cans of beer, pop and water. The bathroom was stocked with soap and shampoo (we brought along a bar of our favorite soap and shampoo just in case). The view was spectacular. The way the room is constructed and where the bed was placed we were able to leave our curtains open at night to be greeted by the beautiful sunrise over the ocean each morning. No one was able to look that deep into our room.
The food was was above average for an all inclusive. The main dining room was very good. We ate every breakfast and a couple of dinners there. We also quite enjoyed their Japanese restaurant Sensai. The Tepanyaki show should not be missed. The Italian restaurant was excellent. Men need to be dressed in long pants in order to be seated inside. If you brought shorts you'll be eating outside and for some reason there are different menus inside and out. Most lunches were enjoyed at Villa Marina which featured grilled fish and meat. This was also very good. We tried to get into the Mexican restaurant but were unsuccessful. We had expected that the specialty restaurants would be by reservation only but it is on a first come first served basis. Once they opened at 6:00 PM you could make a reservation for that evening only. We brought our own large drink cups which came in very handy as the resort glasses are rather small.
We were very disappointed in the timeshare pitch and the parent company H10 should be ashamed of itself. This practically ruined our holiday just as it was getting started and it is the only reason why I might not consider another H10 resort. Following check-in we were greeted by a very pleasant person who offered us a tour of the resort the following morning. She also told us to skip breakfast because we would be taken for a "special" breakfast. Maybe I'm naive, I expected a special breakfast and a tour.
The following morning we met out guide who promptly took us to the main dining room; there was no special breakfast, only the regular one. Following our meal we were given a brief tour of the resort and shown premium rooms and facilities. Then we were taken to a business office where the pitch began. Our representative brought out a yellow pad and a Sharpie and started to draw boxes with explanation of how the "Privilege" club works. The price started at 40K and then the pressure was put on because all of the following offers would only be valid until 12:30 PM. We said that we were on vacation and were not prepared to layout any kind of money without thinking it over. We were accused of wasting their time (imagine that, and we were the ones on vacation). I did not appreciate the hard sell or the misrepresentation of the offer of a tour of the facilities. They even said that we would be eligible for a $200.00 voucher to use as we wished. In order to receive the voucher we were required to return to the business office and "sign out". As this likely involved another last minute sales pitch we bailed out and left the voucher on the table.
Do yourselves a favour and runaway in the opposite direction when they make this pitch to you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, this enchanting all-inclusive resort offers an array of activities to engage your senses. This dazzling all-inclusive resort is located on prime beachfront property in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, close to Cancun and neighboring Riviera Maya communites. With sweeping views of the Caribbean, a magnificent white-sand beach with crystalline waters, and surrounded with tropical foliage, Ocean Coral & Turquesa offers a wide range of activities for everyone, along with an assortment of services to ensure that you have an unforgettable Caribbean vacation. Enjoy a variety of gastronomic fare, round-the-clock entertainment, children's programs, and Mexican hospitality. Whether it's a romantic getaway for two, a family vacation, a self-indulging spa vacation, even a business retreat, we have it all, in one all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Prestigia, Jetsetter, Agoda, HotelsClick, Hotel.de, HRS and Reservation Counter so you can book your Ocean Coral & Turquesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Ocean Coral And Turquesa
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos