I just came back on Friday with my best friend from what was one of the most enjoyable 2 weeks ever. I obviously had my worries before going, and after over a 10 hour flight, I wanted to come to somewhere that I could relax and unwind. We arrived, and were offered drinks and taken personally to the check-in desk, where they were friendly and helpful and could answer our questions how we liked. We were then taken to our rooms, and our luggage was taken up. First impression of our room; Very spacious and very clean. Our fridge was filled up with a good selection of drinks, and our bathroom was huge (private toilet, shower room and bath (that overlooked the room (a pro point) this unfortunately got changed in ALL rooms a week into our stay, into a nice decorative pattern. But made the room look great still. The restaurants; had a wide selection of restaurants. These were all on a first come first served basis which was new to me, as usually in hotels you get given a certain amount of times to attend restaurants. This was definitely a pro to the hotel. You had a Japanese, 2 Italian restaurants, Mexican, American, French and Caribbean. You also had the buffet. During the day you had the choice of buffet and Caribbean (which was turned into a snack bar). All the restaurants were nice, however the stand out restaurant was the Japanese. It was just excellent. I'm gutted we didn't get to go more to this restaurant, but the atmosphere and the service was definitely best in the particular restaurant. The Mexican and the American were also a possible favourite. However, we didn't like the buffet restaurant. We complained to the front desk about the service given as it just wasn't to point, and considering these lovely people live mainly on tips, they were not earning it. At breakfast, on a couple of occasions we did not even get asked about drinks and just ended up leaving. However the food wasn't bad, but you had other restaurants that you would prefer to go to. One other point also, even though it was great that the restaurants were on a first come first served, the privilege members were offered to book. This was a pain, as it found it hard getting a table at a reasonable time (i.e. 7.30-8.30) a lot of times we had to wait till 9pm. The entertainment staff were great, and we actually met some amazing, respectable people that work there and I would like to thank them for making our trip that extra special, a special thanks to Monica, Rodrigo and Riango. The selection of games during the day were great (even though I didn't really want to participate, the fact they enjoyed their job so much to get other people involved made it extra special) and the shows in the evening were great, and me and my friend were lucky enough to be apart of their Disney show on our last night, so thanks to them. There were 4 pools, our favourite being the bar pool! Drink selection was excellent, and bar staff were friendly and willing to let us try different drinks. The lobby was spacious and nice area to chill out in (a free Wi-Fi if anyone likes that). We travelled by first choice, an English company that I always fly by. No problems with them, however NEVER saw our rep apart from the welcome meeting (of which it wasn't our actual rep, it was a standby). Got to go out the hotel a couple of times, and it was VERY safe, and the lobby staff were happy to help. Went to Cancun also, which was nice but would prefer to stay in Riviera Maya! Overall great holiday and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who was considering going. Aside from my bad points, you may have better points so still worth a consider.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, this enchanting all-inclusive resort offers an array of activities to engage your senses. This dazzling all-inclusive resort is located on prime beachfront property in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, close to Cancun and neighboring Riviera Maya communities. With sweeping views of the Caribbean, a magnificent white-sand beach with crystalline waters, and surrounded with tropical foliage, Ocean Coral & Turquesa offers a wide range of activities for everyone, along with an assortment of services to ensure that you have an unforgettable Caribbean vacation. Enjoy a variety of gastronomic fare, round-the-clock entertainment, children's programs, and Mexican hospitality. Whether it's a romantic getaway for two, a family vacation, a self-indulging spa vacation, even a business retreat, we have it all, in one all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ocean Coral & Turquesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Ocean Coral And Turquesa
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos