We had a wonderful time at OCT. I had 3 children with me (12, 10, 7) and they all enjoyed the food and entertainment. The pools are spacious, not too cold and constant activities like water polo and water aerobics. If you want a more quiet atmosphere you can hang out at the family pool. The food was pretty good. The buffet always had hot items and plenty of fruits, cereals, juices, etc. I do wish there would have been one other option for breakfast besides the buffet for the guests that don't upgrade. Route 66 would be a fun place for diner type breakfast or even offer room service breakfast. We ate at every restaurant except the Hibachi and outdoor Italian. Our favorites were the indoor Italian and the La Petite Craperie. Villa Marina was great for lunch. My boys loved the room service for lunch or dinner (especially the club sandwich) My daughter tried the Daisy Club on 2 different days. I would have liked to see them do more crafts and activities there. It seemed like coloring pages from a coloring book and watching TV when indoors. The staff were very nice and my daughter did love it there, I was just expecting a little bit more in the aspect of activities for them to do. We went to two shows and I thought the Grease one was very cute. The dancing was excellent. They canceled the princess show while we were there due to not enough children to participate. We went on two tours booked with Olympus Tours. The Chitzen Itza was really neat and Isla Mujeres was amazing. The group that took us on the Isla Mujeres tour worked very hard to ensure my kids were safe while snorkeling. (The water and fish were amazing on this island) This location is far from downtown Cancun so if you want to go shopping or be near the city this is not the place for you. I found the area of Cancun to seem crowded and dirty so I loved being further away, although you'll find that the beach has more seaweed in the Puerto Morelos area and the water is not the same clear blue color as near the hotel zone of cancun. It was still VERY beautiful and this resort is much bigger than many of the resorts in Cancun which was nice. The seaweed was not bothersome at all, I've seen way more seaweed on California beach. Absolutely do not forget to request a room higher up in a quiet area and a dehumidifier. We always had enough bottled water with the staff replacing it in our refridgerater daily and Mike's coffee shop passes out bottled water. I hope to return soon. I would have liked to give it 4.5 out of 5 rating if possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, this enchanting all-inclusive resort offers an array of activities to engage your senses. This dazzling all-inclusive resort is located on prime beachfront property in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, close to Cancun and neighboring Riviera Maya communities. With sweeping views of the Caribbean, a magnificent white-sand beach with crystalline waters, and surrounded with tropical foliage, Ocean Coral & Turquesa offers a wide range of activities for everyone, along with an assortment of services to ensure that you have an unforgettable Caribbean vacation. Enjoy a variety of gastronomic fare, round-the-clock entertainment, children's programs, and Mexican hospitality. Whether it's a romantic getaway for two, a family vacation, a self-indulging spa vacation, even a business retreat, we have it all, in one all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Ocean Coral & Turquesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Coral And Turquesa
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos