“Wonderful week vacation”

Ocean Coral & Turquesa
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Ocean Coral & Turquesa is my favorite all inclusive property. The staff, from top management down to the waiters, are all wonderful. They do anything they can to make your stay pleasant. The pools are top of the line. The entertainment is fabulous. The Latin band and the rock & roll band were the best I ever heard. The food is great, even the buffet. We were there with a group of 60 friends. We truly hope to return next year in April 2014. It is located very central within the entire Yucatan area. We walked on the beach to Puerto Morelos. We came back on a little boat. Great experience. Two of our fellow travelers have been to Cancun to many different resorts. They said the nightly shows were the best they have ever seen. We have been to 4 different resorts in the area, also the hotel zone, and the Ocean Coral is the best. Also the price was very reasonable. Many thanks to all the great group of employes at Ocean Coral!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms close to the privilege section are better. They are close to all the activities.
1  Thank 66donna
OCT-CustomerService, Manager at Ocean Coral & Turquesa, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear 66donna,
We are grateful for choosing our resort for your vacations. With reward we learn that you consider our resort as one of the best in which you have ever stayed and also, that we were able to provide you with an excellent service from our staff and a wonderful vacation experience with a great value. Thank you for your sharing your comments on this site. We hope to see you soon.
Kind regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (11,826)

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We have stayed in Playa Del Carmen many times and decided to try a different area. This resort met and exceeded our expectations. We had such a good time. It was nice to have different pools to choose from. From the swim up bar pool to the main pool to the quiet pool. They even have a kids pool. Restaurants were very good. You don't have to make reservations early in the morning like other places. However, you do need to go to some of the restaurants about 5:30pm and put your name in for a reservation time for that evening. It works really well. Food was very good and plenty of choices. The beach is absolutely beautiful! Very clean and lots of it. We definitely enjoyed our stay and are looking forward to returning. I can't say anything bad.

3  Thank gj4041
OCT-CustomerService, Manager at Ocean Coral & Turquesa, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear gj4041,
It is truly a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed your stay at our resort and to learn that our service and quality have exceeded your expectations. Furthermore that you and your friends found a great variety in our offer, suitable for all tastes. We want to express our gratitude for sharing your comments on this site and for choosing our resort for your vacations. We look forward your return.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We have a wonderful family vacation. Very clean, decent food, hot weather, beautiful wedding. Didn't upgrade and don't think it's worth it. Our kids were in the Disney show which was adorable. The hotel store was VERY expensive. Make sure you come with sunscreen, hats, sun shirts etc. as you will pay 2 - 3x the amount that they should be.

Room Tip: Ocean view was beautiful!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Karen H

Dear Karen H,
Pleasantly we learn that your stay at our resort was satisfactory and above all, that your kids had an awesome experience in our Disney show. Gladly we learn that our facilities and food offer made of your vacation an excellent family trip. We lament that you perceive the prices of our Gift Shop are high. We must mention that the shop is an external business/concession of the resort, and the services they provide are not part of the resort, however your comment will be extend to the Gift Shop Management as in OCT we care about our guest’s perception. We truly appreciate that you shared your comments with the community and hope to have the opportunity to host your family once again at OCT.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I visited the hotel in November 2012 for two weeks. This is how I see the hotel.

Beach - OK. Yes you do get seaweed, not much the hotel can do about this and they do try and clean this everyday. The sea is not the illuminous blue you see when you go to Playa del carmen and cozumel but still nice. I do not use the beach so much so not a big problem for me.

Grounds - AMAZING!! well kept and very friendly staff.

Pools - AMAZING!! 4 to choose from some quite and some lively....so take your pick. All seem to be at the right temperature but I can imagine these to be hotter in the summer months. Jacuzzi beds in the main pool with games being played all day for all ages!!

Restaurants - I LOVED THE ITALIAN!! Food was to die for and really made you feel like you were going out to dine in a fine dining restaurant. Japanese restaurant is fab too, love watching them cook the food for you. Mexican was average and Route 66 was nice, you can not go wrong with Burger and chips. I found the buffet restaurant to be excellent for breakfast but for dinner I found the food to be cold at times and not quite hot enough to enjoy, saying that only ate there twice in two weeks for evening meal so was not a problem. The crepe bar was lovely for sweet crepes but pizza was too cheesy and not enough tomato base. You do have to cue occasionally if you are not a premium guest but this was not very often and usually for the Japanese restaurant.

Bars - Pool Bar is excellent. Good atmosphere at all times of day. Staff are soooo friendly. Also Juan the waiter by the pool is awesome and always ensures you have a drink!! Lobby bar is nice but can get blowy outside. Also some drinks are only for premium guests so if you want jack daniels you will have to upgrade. Still had labelled names for normal guests so I was happy. Tip - take your own big cups as the glasses are small and I also believe these are not cleaned properly all of the time and could the cause of my upset stomach.

Rooms - Huge bed, Very comfortable. Nice views of the beach and grounds. 32in LCD TV. Nice Shower, loads of wardrobe space. Only a couple of things not so good about the rooms, you need to get a dehumidifier from reception as everything gets damp without one. Also limited drink in the rooms only two bottles of water, two beers and two soft drinks a day.....there could definately be more water in the fridges for really hot days.

Location - OK! if you like to go out for a stroll this place is probably not for you as there is nothing in real walking distance and this hotel is in the middle of no where with about 5 hotels near by. Its about 30 min drive to Cancun and Playa del carmen.

Excursions - Chichen Itza is amazing to see and you get to go to a cenote on the way which was awesome. Xacret is my favourite attraction something to do for everyone. Snorkling, Animals, activities and even a show at night...Fantastic!!! All booked through Cancun discounts before departure who were fantastic and would recommend as some travel agents can rip you off on these type of excursions!!

All in All this hotel is lovely and I would go here again, just small improvement could make this hotel fantastic!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Chickster78

Dear Chickster78,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your observations regarding your stay in our property. It was very pleasant to know that you enjoyed our services and facilities and that we were able to provide you a delightful stay. We would like to thank you for your remarks and improvement areas, so we can offer a better service and comfort to future guests. We hope that when returning to Mexico, you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again at our resort.
Warm regards,

Reviewed April 22, 2013

First time travelling to cancun, we were her from april 7 to the 14 for a wedding that was very well put on." VERY WINDY" all the time.
We stayed in room 19306 and our housekeeper was Awsome. The room smelt bad, but we asked for a de-humidifire and that solved the problem. the buffet was OK not the best food the italian was geat, a dress code was required.
My only two compaints are, if you have a problem the staff doesnt seem to care its like talking to the wall either they dont understand because of the language barier or they just dont care, and DONT loose your room and towel key or they will charge you a $30 towel fee and $5 for room key
It was really nice or them to inform you when you're checking out.I was totaly stressed..so if that happens to you just go steal one from a chair, because thats what the staff do if there is towels left out at the end of the day..how many key cards do they have behind the counter? hmmm ..I have never been to a hotel that charges the guest for key cards. absolutely ridiculous!! You people need too re-think that charge..The wine is water down yuck!!The pool and beach are close to one another that was nice.
I had stomach issues so did my freind and daughter.Its been three weeks back home, and Im still not well, we are on antibiotics now to kill what ever we picked up there.I kinda got the impression the food wasnt up to health standards like we have in Canada.Our favorite part was going into playa del carmen, Im pretty sure our driver was on drugs only because I noticed his pinky finger nail was very long and he liked to drive 60 in a 100 zone he also liked to drive directly on the paved line.I close my eyes all the way to town, that seemed to help.If you have tattoos cover them when walking in playa you will get hit on by all the local drug dealers unless thats your thing.The xcaret theme park and cenote were spectacular!!! Im so glad we did these excursions.Christian is really good hooking you up with excursions he speeks english very fluent.The excursions range from $70 to $140 some of them last all day
.I will probably not come back, only because the customer service was poor..found them to be a little shady.Basically if you have an issue your wrong and they are right if you get my drift.One more thing security is very good if thats any help.Oh!! I forgot.. put up some curtains or a door on the bathroom.Holy cow how many more complaints do you need before you address this.There is no place to change in private.very Strange.here was a few issues, but I still had fun, we were in paradise just look out to the sea and all the bad stuff goes away.Very nice Country will come back if you will have us.Thank you Cancun!! Thank you to the airport staff they were very helpful keeping my family together for the flight home, considering we were the last ones to check in.

1  Thank Pam G

Dear Pam G,
We want to express our gratitude for choosing our resort for your first visit to the Mayan Riviera. It is with regret that we read your comments regarding your perception about our customer service. In regard to your observations, please allow us to inform that indeed, there is a charge in case that our guests lost a towel or a key card. Furthermore, we also like to enlighten that in order to aid the reservation of pool and beach chairs, the towels used for reserving them are retired by the members of our staff after 2 hours if any guest is using it. This information is provided by our Front Desk staff to the entirety of our guests during the check-in. We lament that our policies caused you dissatisfaction. We must say that your comment about the stomach issues that you and your companions experimented really surprises us as we do not count in our records with any report similar to your condition during the dates of your stay. Furthermore, since the corresponding hygiene procedures related to food preparation are carrying out at our resort and further more we have a consultant whom in regular basis audits the correct follow up of this measures, we assume their sickness has a cause beyond our control. In regard to your observations about the bathroom design, we like to inform that we are working in improvements that will aid this situation. We would like to express our gratitude for your positive remarks, and sharing with us that, besides these event, you had a fun stay at OCT. We hope to have the opportunity to host your vacations in the future and give us the opportunity to change your perception about our resort.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

WE just arrived back from a glorious 2 week holiday. 1st week just my husband and myself then 2nd we had 33 people join for a best friends wedding.
The staff are the hardest working I have encountered. Very friendly and great service, a dollar tip goes along way. You don't have to do it everytime but the staff do remember. My husband would just be walking up to the bar and if the staff saw him his drink was ready by the time he got there.
Same goes for the buffet for am coffee, Caesar at lunch or vino blanco at dinner.
Property is prestine.
We loved the far 4th pool as it was the quietest. The pool bar is a blast with lots of entertainment. Not just the staff(all though fantastic) but the fellow tourist. Everyone seemed to be having a great time.
The rooms are the same as the pictures. Very clean and comfortable. The blinds blocked out all the light and it was so quiet that we slept in almost everyday, which is not like us. This may also be due to the fact that none of the rooms have clocks. So be sure to bring one unless you are privelege. They have alarm clocks.
Loved this hotel and would go back, food was great not difficult to get into the restaurants except the Hibachi which you had to reserve at 5:30 for your dinner times. Do recommend this. it was our favorite restaurant, least fav. was the out doors one off the Italian. Some may enjoy but was not for us. Loved the Valla Mara grill as well. Staff are top notch and always in a good mood.
Excellent overall !!

Room Tip: We were in 12305, which means 3rd floor in building 12, room 05, was so quite, rooms near the pool b...
2  Thank allyanna

Dear allyanna,
We are truly thankful for taking the time to share with us your review regarding your stay in our property. It was very pleasant to know that you enjoyed our services and facilities and that we were able to fulfill your expectations. We hope that when returning to our destination, you will give us the opportunity to host you again at our resort.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I had such a fun week here! It is worth the upgrade! I went by myself, but I felt like I just had a private room and went out with my friends when I left my room. All of the resort's employees were awesome! Especially in the Privilege Lounge! Gaspar, Jose, Enrique, Ruby and Neftali made my evening pre-dinner cocktails feel so much less lonely! Gaspar's ability to mix any drink that fit my mood was amazing - and trust me, I'm a Gemini, so there are many!

The only bad part was that my mini-bar didn't get refilled for two days straight!! That kind of sucked, because I had asked two or three people and it never seemed to get filled. Thank goodness for drinks-to-go at the Privilege Lounge!

If you plan on snorkeling, there is a daily outing to the reef by the resort's dive shop. It is only $39 USD, as compared to $88 for a long car ride and a reef snorkel. The $88 trip wasn't all that exciting and I wish I had time to have done the $39 trip for comparison.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Anybanany

Dear Anybanany,
Thank you for choosing our resort for your last holidays and for sharing with us your observations regarding your stay in our property. It was very pleasant to know that you enjoyed your upgrade to our Privilege Services, and that we were able to provide you with a fun and relaxing stay. Furthermore that you appreciated the good work of our Privilege Lounge staff. On the other hand we regret to learn that your mini bar was not stocked on 2 days of your stay. We will strengthen the supervision of the rooms in order to prevent this inconveniences to future guests. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We hope to host your next vacations in a near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Morelos
#2 of 28 in Puerto Morelos
Grand Residences Riviera Cancun
Grand Residences Riviera Cancun
#1 of 28 in Puerto Morelos

Been to Ocean Coral & Turquesa? Share your experiences!