I visited the hotel in November 2012 for two weeks. This is how I see the hotel.
Beach - OK. Yes you do get seaweed, not much the hotel can do about this and they do try and clean this everyday. The sea is not the illuminous blue you see when you go to Playa del carmen and cozumel but still nice. I do not use the beach so much so not a big problem for me.
Grounds - AMAZING!! well kept and very friendly staff.
Pools - AMAZING!! 4 to choose from some quite and some lively....so take your pick. All seem to be at the right temperature but I can imagine these to be hotter in the summer months. Jacuzzi beds in the main pool with games being played all day for all ages!!
Restaurants - I LOVED THE ITALIAN!! Food was to die for and really made you feel like you were going out to dine in a fine dining restaurant. Japanese restaurant is fab too, love watching them cook the food for you. Mexican was average and Route 66 was nice, you can not go wrong with Burger and chips. I found the buffet restaurant to be excellent for breakfast but for dinner I found the food to be cold at times and not quite hot enough to enjoy, saying that only ate there twice in two weeks for evening meal so was not a problem. The crepe bar was lovely for sweet crepes but pizza was too cheesy and not enough tomato base. You do have to cue occasionally if you are not a premium guest but this was not very often and usually for the Japanese restaurant.
Bars - Pool Bar is excellent. Good atmosphere at all times of day. Staff are soooo friendly. Also Juan the waiter by the pool is awesome and always ensures you have a drink!! Lobby bar is nice but can get blowy outside. Also some drinks are only for premium guests so if you want jack daniels you will have to upgrade. Still had labelled names for normal guests so I was happy. Tip - take your own big cups as the glasses are small and I also believe these are not cleaned properly all of the time and could the cause of my upset stomach.
Rooms - Huge bed, Very comfortable. Nice views of the beach and grounds. 32in LCD TV. Nice Shower, loads of wardrobe space. Only a couple of things not so good about the rooms, you need to get a dehumidifier from reception as everything gets damp without one. Also limited drink in the rooms only two bottles of water, two beers and two soft drinks a day.....there could definately be more water in the fridges for really hot days.
Location - OK! if you like to go out for a stroll this place is probably not for you as there is nothing in real walking distance and this hotel is in the middle of no where with about 5 hotels near by. Its about 30 min drive to Cancun and Playa del carmen.
Excursions - Chichen Itza is amazing to see and you get to go to a cenote on the way which was awesome. Xacret is my favourite attraction something to do for everyone. Snorkling, Animals, activities and even a show at night...Fantastic!!! All booked through Cancun discounts before departure who were fantastic and would recommend as some travel agents can rip you off on these type of excursions!!
All in All this hotel is lovely and I would go here again, just small improvement could make this hotel fantastic!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, this enchanting all-inclusive resort offers an array of activities to engage your senses. This dazzling all-inclusive resort is located on prime beachfront property in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, close to Cancun and neighboring Riviera Maya communities. With sweeping views of the Caribbean, a magnificent white-sand beach with crystalline waters, and surrounded with tropical foliage, Ocean Coral & Turquesa offers a wide range of activities for everyone, along with an assortment of services to ensure that you have an unforgettable Caribbean vacation. Enjoy a variety of gastronomic fare, round-the-clock entertainment, children's programs, and Mexican hospitality. Whether it's a romantic getaway for two, a family vacation, a self-indulging spa vacation, even a business retreat, we have it all, in one all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Ocean Coral & Turquesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Coral And Turquesa
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos