Ok first I will say I have been to OCT twice, once in December of 2011 for a friends wedding and again in December 2012 for my own wedding. I loved my friends wedding so much in 2011 we were inspired to come back to OCT to get married.
I love this resort! I love the employees who are so friendly and kind and learn your names and what you like to drink! I love the atmosphere/the resort grounds are stunning and beautiful. The entertainment is very fun, there is always something to do.
My wedding had about 30 family members and friends come down to the resort, I had worked with them to have our rooms close together (the resort is HUGE) unfortunately, this didn't work out but it ended up not being that big of a deal.
My husband and I stayed in building 7 and we were "upgraded" to a privilege room but we didn't have privilege amentites, this was the hotel's special because we were also honeymooning there. Yes the rooms can be humid (it's MEXICO!) but everyone I knew who asked for a humidifier got one pretty quickly.
Our wedding was perfect... PERFECT. My coordinator was Paula who we were all completely in love with... she took care of everything. She was the best! She even decorated my room when it was my birthday, so sweet! I ended up changing my location site for the ceremony when I got there and she was completely supportive and understanding. I told her what type flowers I wanted and I was very vague but she talked to her florist and they were better than I could have even dreamed of. Paula even helped me sneak back to my room without bumping into my husband the day of the wedding. We cannot say enough wonderful things about Paula!! The food for the wedding was some of the best that we ate on our whole stay in Mexico.
Some of our favorite things about the resort was the party/pool bar! Every night they had a party with dancing going on, the bartenders kept the drinks flowing, and there is lots of comfy seating.
We also loved the tour booking guy at the front desk, he arranged two great trips for us, one was a catamaran trip to Isla Mujeres (highly recommend this... it was the BEST).
Our favorite restaurant was the Mexican and Asian (just order off the menu, the food was fabulous).
Not so favorite things... Everyone saves seat on the beach with their towels. I would just pick up someones towel and move it if I noticed they had not been there for awhile, I honestly didn't care if people got mad either - there are signs everywhere saying don't do that, so stop being a-holes and trying to save beach chairs. I mean, every morning at 7am you would walk out to the beach and all the chairs were taken with towels!! You know those people were not awake yet, they put them up the night before... just move the towels and move the chair a little bit, they will never know! haha
I'm sad to this but the Italian restaurant was not a favorite... the service was not very good, we waited FOREVER for our food, and we did not like the food very much. That is personal taste and not a hit on the cooks there.
Another not so fave was checking in at the resort, all of our people who had a deal or good price on their rooms were questioned. The front desk tried to charge them more saying they couldn't find their reservations!! It was really weird... just make sure you print out all of your reservation paperwork! We had all of our papers and were able to keep our good prices.
This resort is perfect for a group of friends and family who want to have a great time together. For a romantic couple you may want to look at other resorts. For families with kids this resort is great and has a lot of kid activities.
Overall this resort is not perfect but it had such GREAT prices and GREAT people it is worth staying at. We are already planing another trip back this December.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, this enchanting all-inclusive resort offers an array of activities to engage your senses. This dazzling all-inclusive resort is located on prime beachfront property in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, close to Cancun and neighboring Riviera Maya communities. With sweeping views of the Caribbean, a magnificent white-sand beach with crystalline waters, and surrounded with tropical foliage, Ocean Coral & Turquesa offers a wide range of activities for everyone, along with an assortment of services to ensure that you have an unforgettable Caribbean vacation. Enjoy a variety of gastronomic fare, round-the-clock entertainment, children's programs, and Mexican hospitality. Whether it's a romantic getaway for two, a family vacation, a self-indulging spa vacation, even a business retreat, we have it all, in one all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Ocean Coral & Turquesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Coral And Turquesa
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos