Ocean Coral & Turquesa
$421
$318
Bookit.com
Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun(Puerto Morelos)
$372
$335
  • Breakfast included
Now Jade Riviera Cancun(Puerto Morelos)
$342
$274
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita(Puerto Morelos)
$580
Bookit.com
Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort(Puerto Morelos)
$344
$374
$243
$613
$448
Hotel Arrecifes Suites(Puerto Morelos)(Great Value!)
$67
12,294 results
All reviewsblue moonvilla marinaprivilege loungedaisy clubpool barmike's coffee shopcasa del marprivilege beachprivilege guestsprivilege packagecrepe restaurantthe lion kingquiet poolactivity poolentertainment staffsexy chocolatemake reservations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Just came back from a 4 day stay. The hotel rooms are clean and very nice but the bed was hard by our standards. Ocean view suites are nice but was partially blocked with trees, still not a bad view. Used the buffet at breakfast which was very good, made to order omlets and great baked goods. Lunch buffet was not bad but not great. Mexican, sea food and Italian resturants were all very good. Did not try the Asian. Coffee shops were also very good. Bar drinks were weak but learned after the firswt day you could request brands and get a much better drink. They lack any good entertainment in the evening. I would return to this resort.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Marie h
OCT-CustomerService, Manager at Ocean Coral & Turquesa, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Marie h,
It is truly a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed our facilities, buffet restaurant and Mike’s coffee. Furthermore, that you enjoyed your stay at our resort. In regard to your comment about the evening activities at the resort, we like to enlighten that we count with a complete schedule of different nighttime activities on a daily basis and for all ages, which take place either at the pool bar, theater or lobby. The information about this activities is posted in our information boards at different spots of the resort, and also at our Ocean daily. Thank you for sharing your comments. We hope to hosts your next vacations in a near future.
Bests,

Reviewed February 21, 2013

First they gave away our premium VIP reservation to the wrong guest/family. They were reluctant to remove them because they were so pleased with their upgrade (it shouldnt matter it was OURS and PAID for). When we complained we were sent to another part of the resort, away from everything and nothing like what we paid for. I am not sure why we could not have the room we booked and paid for. No butler service. 3 room service items.

We tried and tried (8x) to speak to management but we just got smiles and told we were given a nice room - sure it was nice but not what we paid for and not near any VIP that we paid for either. They also still charged us for VIP and refused to remove the charge -

We flew home 3 days early after many frustrated talks with mgmt. They just kept insisting they had no rooms like what we booked. Maybe they should have given us what we booked? why is that so hard? It was prepaid for as well so we will not be getting anything back. Very disappointed.

Room Tip: My tip - dont choose this resort.
12  Thank Nellie B
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This was our 1st time to this resort & 6th time overall to the Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen area. My wife & I traveled with another couple to this resort. Overall, I was very impressed with the Ocean Coral & Turquesa!! The meals were fantastic, esp. Samari (Japenese Restaurant). I would recommend, if you are not part of the Priviledge package, to wait in line to get your reservation for the night. The line usually starts around 5:30 & they will open the doors around 5:40 to start taking reservations for the night. We ate there twice (once at the Tapenayki grill & once at a regular table & ordered a la carte) Both were unbeliveable. Upon check-in, our Concierge Erick took very good care of us & we were forturnate enough to be asked to an Executive Dinner with the Executive Chef Alan. WOW!!!!! The best meal that I have ever had at an all inclusive. Thanks Chef Alan & Erick! As far as the pool & beach, they were both fantastic as well. Per prior trips to other resorts, we were used to getting up a little earlier to throw some towels down on the chairs by the pool each morning. We were always at the swim up bar pool & chairs were usually gone by 9:15 am each morning. We spent our mornings at the pool & at the beach in the afternoon. Chairs at the beach were limited in the morning but for the pickins in the afternoon around 1:30 or so. At the pool, Monica was the activities director and did a great job of getting people involved. To me this trip is like Groundhog Day! Wake up & do the same thing over & over again & that is not a complaint, that is what I like to do. Wake up, eat, drink & get lots of sun! We never left the resort. Have done that in the past & once you've done it once you have it covered. Drinks were very good as well!! Overall, I rate this a great property & will more than likely go back again. However, we like to mix it up & go to different resorts when we head that way. Enjoy!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank C-Bo15
OCT-CustomerService, Manager at Ocean Coral & Turquesa, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear C-Bo15,
We are truly thankful for have chosen our resort and for writing a very thoughtful experience about it. It is good to hear that we were able to provide you with a great trip. We appreciate your comments regarding our Chef’s Table and the good service provided by our concierge Erick and Monica form the entertainment staff. We will make sure that they will receive your feedback and how they provided you with a delightful experience. We want to express our gratitude for sharing your experience with the community and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to host you on your next visit.
Best regards,

Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I just returned from our stay here- we came with 4 other couples which is really the only reason we had a good time, because of our company, not because of the resort. We stayed for 4 nights, and were very happy that we didn't spend the money to stay longer. My biggest complaint would be the food. It was bad!! The buffet was a complete joke, YES they have a TON OF FOOD, but the quality is very poor. The only four items I ate from the buffet the entire time that I actually enjoyed was: Fresh Kiwi, Peel and Eat Shrimp, Guacamole and Pico De Gallo. Besides that, the rest of the food I ate was gross there...oh I guess the ice cream was okay too. I will say that the reason I'm giving this place a 2 instead of a 1 is because we did like the French Resturant as well as the Asian Restaurant, Sensai. We ate at Sensai twice and the guy manning the grill was awesome, the food was great. If you can- I would eat here and the French place each night. We had heard through the week that the Italian place was bad so we didn't even attempt to eat there. The room service was total crap as well, there is about 7 items listed and nothing tasted good, even after a day of drinking. I am also giving this place 2 stars instead of one because of the excellent service of Gaspar at the Swim Up Bar and Emerhencio (not sure if Im' spelling that right) in the lobby bar. THose two were great and stood out in my mind. Everyone else at the hotel didn't provide good service, and especially those that are assigned to in the Guest Services. Two individuals in particular in there were EXTREMELY rude to my husband and I - one male and one female and I'm kicking myself for not remembering their names, but they were in there on Sunday morning the 17th, around 9:45AM when we went in to talk about our massage which we ended up not getting. We paid for an upgrade Ocean View which as other reviews have said, was a joke. We had to strain our neck around the corner of the balcony to even see the view- we were in building 20 which besides building 21 are probably the worse locations unless you want to use the Teen Club ,Daisy Club and Kids pool, none of which we wanted. We very much so enjoyed our vacation because of our friends, but we would never ever pay money to come back to this resort. If you are looking for a nice place in Riviera Maya area, don't waste your money here unless you don't care about the food or service. Our bed was very hard and uncomfortable, and we are pretty confident that the sheets were never changed, they only remade the bed each day. My husband thought the pillows were also horrible. The shower didn't drain at all but after so many issues we didn't even feel like complaining. Our travel agent told us not to upgrade to privelage, and I'm still not sure if it would have been worth it or not. I know you get better quality sheets, get to make reservations for dinner, etc. My husband and I came prepared with air freshners as many reviews complained about the smell of the room. Our room didn't smell but most likely because the first thing we did was setup our air freshners. There was also a few racoons walking around the resort, one in particular hung out by the outdoor cook at the restaurant we went to on the first night- the cook was even feeding it which was absolutely disgusting to my husband and I. Where were from, you don't exactly play nice with the racoons like they were doing there. The coffee shop was great as well, the only problem was that it doesn't open until 10 and well, most of the time we need our coffee earlier that that.

2  Thank sspanther

Dear sspanther,
We sincerely thank you for taking your time to post your opinion. We are glad that you appreciated the friendliness of our bar staff, our Sensai and Petit Creperie restaurants Mike’s Coffee. However, we regret that some aspects of your stay were not of your complete satisfaction. Regarding your comments about the quality of our food offer, we like to enlighten that our gastronomical offer was elaborated taking in consideration the diversity of our guests, furthermore the level of satisfaction obtained concerning the quality and variety of our food services has always been high, according to the guests satisfaction questionnaires. We lament that your perception was different. We must say that your comment regarding our Guest Service staff really surprises us as we usually receive positive feedback regarding their performance. We would have welcomed being informed about your room issues and how you they felt during your stay which would have allowed us to find a more meaningful and timely solution in correcting any of these issues and in helping you to have a more enjoyable vacation experience. We are sorry that we were not allowed that opportunity. Rest assure that the entirety of your observations will be extended to the pertinent departments in order to improve our performance.
Best regards,

Reviewed February 21, 2013

we just returned after one week at the resort, and I am still trying to find the words to describe how GREAT a time we had!! First off, we already had airfare to cancun and we just needed a resort. so we booked this resort from an ebay seller who was selling his premium privileges there. his price for one week for two with privilege benefits was VERY reasonable. he was very truthful and informative about what we would be getting with the purchase. what we got EXCEEDED our expectations. so we highly recommend him. we booked with usa transfers for our roundtrip transfer from airport to resort. it was 60.00us roundtrip for 2, and the transfer was private, so no stopping at other resorts. that was great because within 30 minutes after clearing customs, we were checking in at the resort. THE RESORT: was beautiful, the scenery was breathtaking. we were very happy with the open, and comfortable, yet modern design of the lobbies(there were 2 connecting lobbies with a massive bar and seating between them). we spent several nights there because they had live music and dancing. there was also live music and dancing at the pool most nights, and at the beach one night. so if you like to dance, there was dancing going on someplace at the resort every night. there are also specialty shows every night in the theater that were good. since we were privilege, the lobby bar and pool bar is also where we went to get our drinks made with crown, disoronno, courvoisier, tangueray(you get the picture), but all the bars had these, you just had to ask for them. and if you don't book privilege, the liqours available are still names we recognize here in the states. the lobbies also have the free wi-fi . THE FOOD: now to my favorite part, the food. I am a very picky eater, I like what I like that's it, so when I say the food was DELICIOUS, believe me!! at the privilege lounge we ate lobster. at villa marina we ate ribeye steak , and a mixed grill with flank steak, sausage, and 2 chicken breasts. this place also had salmon. here for lunch is where you got your hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza, fries, chicken, salads, etc. at route 66 for dinner we ate hot wings, ribs, and ribeye steaks. at la creperie(not sure if i'm spelling it right) we ate for lunch, egg rolls, fried cheese sticks, mini tacos, corn, grilled pork chops, grilled chicken breasts, etc(something different everyday). this place serves crepes and other stuff for dinner. at the buffet for lunch we ate pork fajitas, fried chicken, grilled steaks, etc. for dinner, there was a theme night everynight. at mike's coffee we had expresso, latte, frappucino, home made cookies, cakes, pies. this place also had free wi-fi. it reminded us of a starbuck's with the decor and coffee selections. at the buffet for breakfast, we ate made to order omelets, fried eggs, bacon , sausage, yogurt, donuts and other pastries, etc. we didn't eat at the japanese(we have the cooking shows here), the italian(menu looked good) , nor the mexican(we ate at the mexican theme night in buffet) restuarants. every restuarant had abundant fresh fruit(delicious watermelons--sweet, fresh pineapples--sweet, bananas, grapes, canteloupe, mango, etc). THE BEACH: water beautiful shades of blue and turquoise. the sand was soft and powdery. minimal seeweed(it was constantly "swept" up by machine) we went to the beach everyday it was so beautiful!! now because we were privilege we got the service on beach and at privilege pool. the server would bring a bucket with water bottles in ice and place on table at your palapa or bali bed. he would then take your drink order and bring to you. we loved that!! you can walk for miles along coastline. THE ROOM: was beautiful. the bed was comfortable, the a/c worked well, the shower never ran out of hot water and it drained well. the flat-screen tv had many movie channels, abc, cbs, nbc, cnn, vh1, wb, etc. the min-bar had coke products(our privlege one had mini bottles of liquor, nuts, and some crackers from japan) privilege rooms have internet access, you just need to bring an ethernet cable(they do have them if you forget yours). EXCURSIONS: the resort offers a free shopping trip into cancun that is more than a shopping trip because they take you into the real cancun as well as into the hotel zone. we also visited Tulum---you have to do this one because it was so beautiful and historical. loved it!! SUMMARY: don't hesitate to stay here. we had the time of our lives, and we will be returning next year booking privilege because of the little details that come with it that made our trip fantastic.

Go to TripAdvisor | Unsubscribe | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Please do not reply directly to this e-mail. This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Questions? Get help here.
TripAdvisor LLC 141 Needham Street, Newton, MA 02464, USA.

Room Tip: third floor rooms give good ocean views
8  Thank powerduo

Dear powerduo,
It is gratifying to learn that that your experience at OCT was satisfactory and that your expectations were exceeded by our facilities and offer. We are truly grateful for posting your review and sharing your experience with the community. We look forward your visit next year.
Warm regards,