“Great Family Holiday”

GreenLeadersGold level
Calgary
“Great Family Holiday”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We visited Ocean Coral for a week and it very much exceeded our excpectations. This resort by far had the best food we have had in Mexico and we've been going to different areas of Mexico for over 10 years. It was easy to get into the restaurants. No getting up at the crack of dawn to run down and stand in line to make a reservation - we just showed up at 6pm and were immediately seated at the Mediterranean Grill. For the Sansai restaurant we went down at 5:45 and had the choice of 6,7:30 or 9pm seating. This restaurant was our favorite. The buffet was great as well and since we had kids the majority of our meals were at the buffet. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful (great pool service) and always had activities for everyone. The one day we rolled our own Sushi and another we watched how to make guacamole and then all got to have some. Loved the cappucino cafe. Free Wi-fi in the lobby was a bonus. There was sometimes a challenge to get loungers at the pool but we managed. As well, this resort is not near any shopping (it's fairly remote) so if you need this not the resort for you. However, they did offer a free shuttle into Cancun every morning at 9:15 for shoppers. They also had a small array of vendors on the Friday night that were selling their wares and we were able to get most of our shopping done (aside from Vaniella and duty free). This was enough shopping for us. Not very many vendors on the beach which was refreshing. If I could offer any advice I would say get your Vaniella at the duty free at the airport or else in town as the gift shop was a little overpriced. We would definitely return to this resort!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank CalgaryShauna
OCT-CustomerService, Manager at Ocean Coral & Turquesa, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear CalgaryShauna,
We want to express our thankfulness for your kind comments regarding our resort. It is pleasant to know that you had a delightful experience at that your expectations were exceeded by our food, facilities and offer. Thank you for your review and we look forward your next vacations at OCT.
Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,547)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I beautiful all inclusive hotel, with something for everyone. The privilege service was beyond compare. The food was great with the exception of lunch, not bad but needs some improvement.
(Maybe a sit down lunch in the privilege lounge. I was extremely impressed with the privilege beach and its service, the best I have ever experienced in a all inclusive. Rooms were clean and comfortable. I strongly recommend this hotel to family's & couples. A fantastic choice for a large group of friends or a family reunion. I wish the management of the H10 hotels send the entire staff to their sister hotel in DR "The ocean blue and Sands" for a lesson on how to run a hotel.
Thanks again to all the staff at the Ocean Coral & Turquesa for a wonderful vacation and look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: The privilege upgrade was well worth I.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Greg B
Dear Greg B,
We are glad to read that you had a wonderful experience during your visit to OCT and that you found our Privilege services satisfactory. We want to extend our gratitude for your kind comments regarding the service provided by our staff and for taking your time to post your opinion about our performance. Be sure that we will be pleased to welcome you one more time for your next holidays.
Warm regards,
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I visited Ocean Turquesa with a group of 5. This was my first experience at an all inclusive resort and it was nice to not have to worry about bringing money everywhere we went. The resort itself was beautiful and the beach was just steps away. We never felt unsafe and enjoyed every day at the resort.

The only part of the resort that I didn't like was the quality of the food. The main buffet was not very good...flavor wise. The only meal that we consistently enjoyed from the main buffet was breakfast. The restaurants were much better!

I would visit again as we had no problems with the resort and the price was very reasonable.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Marceline V
OCT-CustomerService, Manager at Ocean Coral & Turquesa, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Marceline V,
We want to thank you for taking your time to share your opinion about our resort. With reward we learn that you enjoyed our facilities and offer, and also that you had an awesome time on your first experience at an all-inclusive resort. On the other hand, we regret that our food offer did not fulfilled your expectations, nevertheless we must mention that our gastronomical offer was elaborated taking in consideration the diversity of our guests, furthermore the level of satisfaction obtained concerning the quality and variety of our food services has always been high, according to the guests satisfaction questionnaires. We truly appreciate your review regarding your experience. We hope that when returning to Riviera Maya, you will give us the opportunity to welcome you one more time to our resort.
Warm regards,
Southampton, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed at Ocean Coral & Turquesa at the end of November. This was our first time at an all inclusive. We were not disappointed. I read the posts from other guests and unlike them, we never had any trouble getting into any of the restaurants. We had 6 in our party. The food was incredible. The buffet food was very good as well. We were ther celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary with our family. We decided to renew our vows while there. We dealt with Paula who was absolutely wonderful. She looked after every detail and was such a joy to work with. The hotel was extremely clean, all the bathrooms in the common areas, pool, lobby, etc were spotless anytime we used them. The beaach did have seaweed, looked more like pine needles, but they were constantly trying to stay on top of that. We never had a problem getting an umbrella, but that was probably because we were early risers. Our hotel room was always immaculate cleaned, I never saw any type of bug anywhere. It was a fabulous time. My one complaint, and it is very small, it would have been nice to have some type of night club activity at the resort. My son and his friend went into Cancun for "clubbing". I have to admit I was a little nervous about that, but the staff went with them and they had a fabulous time. But somewhere to dance and have cocktails after dinner would have been nice. The activities staff were great, very personable. Overall excellent trip!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank chrisd2562
OCT-CustomerService, Manager at Ocean Coral & Turquesa, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear chrisd2562,
With pleasure we read your comments regarding your stay at OCT for the celebration of your 25th anniversary. We are glad that you have chosen our resort for your first all inclusive experience and for your special event, and to learn that you were satisfied with the different options in gastronomy, facilities and services that we have to offer. Furthermore that your renewal of bows was a memorable experience for you and your family. It will be our pleasure to extend your gratitude to our wedding department. Be sure that your comments regarding the night club will be extended to our Entertainment Management. Thank you for posting your experience. We really hope to have you back to our property for your next vacations.
Warm regards
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2013

my wife and two friends stayed at the coral 16 1 13 for two weeks upon arrival after a 10 hour flight we were welcomed by friendly reception and a welcome drink,after normal formallites we met the friendly bell boy at our room which we found to be very nice and clean,with hairdryer clean towels nice powerful shower plenty of hot water,bed was very comfotable and changed every day.
The room balcony over looked a small mangrove area and the pool bar which was used mainly by american and canadians to party till 1 in morning which was fine live and let live i say enjoyed the music anyway.There were other pools for younger children and plenty of entertainment for the younger ones,we used the premium pool area which was not so rowdy and more laid back and can be used by anyone.
Drinks were great with plenty choice from ten in morn including cocktails of the day which i tried and not being a big drinker found me very merry after several lol.
Several places to eat we mainly had breakfast and lunch in the buffet restaurant which was very well presented and plenty of choice from fruit,salads,fresh cooked burgers,and several meats,fish.the whole experience in this restaurant was made by the wonderful staff thanks to candie and his staff who were great.
Several restaurants for evening dinning which we found the sensai 1 on 1 cooking to be great,
the others were ok you would never starve here there is something to suit all tastes.
Beach is great clean soft sand sea was clean apart from small amounts of seaweed near the shore but heyho, sunbeds were plentiful if you want to be together towels down before 8 same old.
Overall would recommend this hotel to suit all types, nice comfortable location nr beach,very clean,food for all sorts,noisy in some areas and not in others for the cost compared to some hotels in mexico this is value for money, have no fears and enjoy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank steven t
Dear steven t,
We are glad to read your comments about the beauty and maintenance of our facilities, our food and beverages offer and service. It is rewarding to learn that you, your wife and your friends experience at our resort was totally satisfactory. We want to thank you for choosing OCT as your vacation destination and for writing a very thoughtful review that we found pretty useful for the future guests. We will be more than glad to host your next vacations.
Bests,
California, USA
Reviewed January 31, 2013

This was my first stay at an All Inclusive. I though I chose carefully, reading what other Trip Advisor guests said, and reading the hotel website. I know what I like having traveled to many places around the world. I thought this would be an easy to get to place at that time of year, away from the party atmosphere of Cancun. If what I experienced here is typical it will be my last. The beach was small and crowded. The vendors were relentless walking up and down the beach selling their stuff. Every so often a tractor, yes a tractor spewing diesel fuel would come up the beach and sort of rake up the seaweed. I think that was the purpose, but after the tractor went by I looked down and there was still a bunch of seaweed. As a single traveler I thought I would enjoy the adult pool and beach. The adult pool was a big disappointment. Some kids (not adults) jumped in the water to create cannonballs and the lifeguard did nothing. Seriously, why there was a lifeguard I don't know. There wasn't anyone swimming, only drinking at the swim up bar. It was difficult to find a lounge to sit on as people would claim a lounge by putting their towel down and then going off to drink at the bars, have lunch, or do other things. I surmised this by the number of people at the pool versus the number of taken lounges whether it was early or later in the day. The most annoying bit was the constant daily planned entertainment. At the adult pool (and the other regular pool) the DJ would yell into a microphone, turn up the music and for the next half hour try to convince guests to join in something like water aerobics to loud music and the DJ yelling hey, hey, hey to the beat. At the other pool they used whistles which I could hear from inside my room. Just a warning to those who like peace and quiet. This is not the place for you. Even the pathways throughout the grounds had music coming from fake rocks!
My room was on the ground floor and was the noisiest room I've ever stayed in, anywhere, any place. There was a housekeeper's station at the end, and I saw a room where they take the beach/pool towels. I heard the carts going back and forth on the tiled floors whenever I was in the room. In addition the staff all seemed to have walkie talkies and they would be talking loudly outside the room. As they talked the walkie talkies would crackle on and off and the sound just bounced off all the walls. I think my room, being near the lobby and on the ground floor, was in the worst possible location.
I have some other negative comments, but I think you get the point. This resort is not for those wanting a quiet vacation.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank EquatorBliss
Hollywood, Florida, United States
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We have stayed at the H10 Ocean Coral & Turquesa in Puerto Morelos, México 5 times now. We use this resort as a base. Tropical Beach Swimwear and Fashion use this resort because it is friendly; the staff is incredible and really care about the patrons.
Our photo shoots are quite exhausting so we like to give the swimwear models a quiet place to relax and take it easy. We never announce our visits as we want to keep things low key. From the resort, we travel to local areas of interest for swimwear photo shoots then typically return around 4:00 in the afternoon to relax.
The beach consists of beautiful white sand and they have tractors raking the beach every hour to remove the seaweed.
The grounds are extremely detailed and lush. There is a great deal of foliage throughout the resort giving it a fresh natural feeling.
The Spa includes a beautiful gym but if you want a real experience get massage beachside first thing in the morning. They have beautiful private massage beds set up along the beach; it is a great way to start your day.
In the private beach area they have beautiful curtained sun beds set up which are great for tanning, relaxing and privacy. I have watched them remove all of the curtains and bedding in the evening and replace it with fresh in the mornings.
I would fully recommend this resort as it is extremely clean and well maintained. The staff is friendly and helpful.

Lori xoxo

Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar
#7 of 11 in Playa Paraiso

Been to Ocean Coral & Turquesa? Share your experiences!