When staying in the Mayan Riviera, the hotel is very important because you are within walking distance to nothing. Ocean is a very pretty hotel with an excellent beach. The beach is clean, and the hotel is immaculate. The housekeeping staff is everywhere. You rarely see an empty glass or cigarette butt. Wifi service is available in the hotel lobby and the Privilege lounge, if you purchased the Privilege option. Upgrading to Privilege gets you premium alcohol, a junior suite with an ocean view, and access to the Privilege lounge which serves breakfast and dinner has a concierge, wifi and desktop computers for guests' use.
Food in all of the restaurants was good; however, one of my two issues with the hotel was restaurant service. With the exception of the Italian restaurant where service was good, servers are quick to take your order and deliver your food, but you won't see them often, if at all, after that. Getting coffee at the breakfast buffet can take 15 minutes, or longer, and you will rarely see a refill.
Aside from the restaurants, the rest of the hotel staff is very friendly. You pass no one without them greeting you.
My other complaint with the hotel is the cleaning solution used in the rooms. It has a VERY strong, industrial ordor that is almost nausiating. It lasts hours and doesn't dissipate until sometime during the night. Mattresses are firm, and the pillows resemble the surface of the moon.
The experience was just alright for me. I probably would not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, this enchanting all-inclusive resort offers an array of activities to engage your senses. This dazzling all-inclusive resort is located on prime beachfront property in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, close to Cancun and neighboring Riviera Maya communities. With sweeping views of the Caribbean, a magnificent white-sand beach with crystalline waters, and surrounded with tropical foliage, Ocean Coral & Turquesa offers a wide range of activities for everyone, along with an assortment of services to ensure that you have an unforgettable Caribbean vacation. Enjoy a variety of gastronomic fare, round-the-clock entertainment, children's programs, and Mexican hospitality. Whether it's a romantic getaway for two, a family vacation, a self-indulging spa vacation, even a business retreat, we have it all, in one all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Ocean Coral & Turquesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Coral And Turquesa
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos