After staying at resorts for the last 15 years, my wife and I were very happy with the 12 days we stayed at OC&T, we visited the resort from December 1 thru the 12th. We did have a delay flying from St. Louis, but it was due to Frontier and nothing to do with the resort. The check-in process was a slow and could be improved, but a drink and a smile was welcome.
The resort was not crowded at all and we did not have to wait in line for any of the restaurants.
All staff was very friendly and the resort and rooms were spotless. The lady who did our rooms
Margarita did an outstanding job and learned our schedule to our appreciation. A butler by the name of Alejandro Camino did a wonderful job with some of the questions and needs that we had and went above and beyond normal service. The food was outstanding in the main restaurant and we enjoyed it so much we didn't feel the need to go to all the other restrauants except for the American and the Italian. The American was very slow, but the food was good. The Italian was fast and outstanding in both service and quality. Internet service if you do not do the privilege upgrade is very expensive $5 for 30min or $10 @ hour. Bring your own cat5 cable as it is not wireless in some of the rooms only in the lobby which is free. We were in building 18304 and it was ocean view and near the childrens area but we never heard any children as we were on the beach by 8:00 am.
We have stayed at many resorts, Iberostar, Barcelo Maya, Riu etc and we plan on staying next year at OC&T. We booked thru Apple Vacations and using the perferred perks option really saved us a lot of time with ticket counters, baggage and customs. The SPA as average and needs a manager to make sure things like jacuzzi temp is correct, aromatherapy areas are working and showers have dispensers with soap and conditioners. I only say this because the SPA prices I believe are too high for the value received, it just may be my perception based upon other resorts where I have used the SPA, however the Spa Staff was very friendly and attempted to resolve issues when they were brought to their attention. Don't let this small item color your decision to consider this resort.
Photos on my Facebook page:
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, this enchanting all-inclusive resort offers an array of activities to engage your senses. This dazzling all-inclusive resort is located on prime beachfront property in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean, close to Cancun and neighboring Riviera Maya communities. With sweeping views of the Caribbean, a magnificent white-sand beach with crystalline waters, and surrounded with tropical foliage, Ocean Coral & Turquesa offers a wide range of activities for everyone, along with an assortment of services to ensure that you have an unforgettable Caribbean vacation. Enjoy a variety of gastronomic fare, round-the-clock entertainment, children's programs, and Mexican hospitality. Whether it's a romantic getaway for two, a family vacation, a self-indulging spa vacation, even a business retreat, we have it all, in one all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Ocean Coral & Turquesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Coral And Turquesa
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Ocean Coral & Turquesa Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos