My wife and I and another couple just returned from 4 days / 3 nights at Secrets Silversands in Riviera Maya. I'll try to hit the highlights without making this a real long review.
*Location: Excellent...15 minute ride from airport.
*Appearance: Awesome and beautiful.
*Rooms: VERY NICE, big king bed, couch, flat screen tv, balcony with couch and lounge bed...AWESOME huge shower and whirlpool tub.
*Lobby: Great, huge area with lounging couches everywhere and very nice bar.
*Bars: Great, lobby bar, pool bar, swim-up bar, several tiki bars around pool area. Selection was wonderful: Crown Royal, Grey Goose, you name it, anything you can imagine...just ask. Bud Light in cans, Corona and Negro Modelo on draught. Again selection far exceeded our expectations! Drinks were served in glass glasses when at bar, and very nice plastic-ware (not plastic cups) around pools
*Restaurants: VERY good, Breakfast buffet was great with at least 40-50 dishes to choose from. Pool-side rest was very good, (ate twice there). Japanese was excellent, and gave us a chance to try a lot of different things that we might not have, had we had to pay for it. Italan was good as well.Did not do Mexican, French, or Mediterranean, but heard good things.
*Beach: We almost passed on this place due to reviews saying beach was bad.....IT"S NOT. I walked the distance of the resort barefooted, and it felt and looked like any other beach I've ever been on. Lots of chairs and shade, but they do fill up quick.....get there early if you want a chair.
*Pools: AWESOME infinity pools everywhere you look. Very clean with tons of chairs in the sun AND in the shade, along with hammocks if you prefer. Lots of restrooms, bars close no matter where you sit.
*Staff: Excellent. Some of our favorites: Bartenders: Russell (swim-up bar), Roger, Alonzo. Entertainment: Eduard his crew were great. Tried to get you involved, but did not bother you if you preferred not to..
*Entertainment: Pretty good. Saw a good hypnosis show, ok caribbean show, interesting couples entertainment show. Live music after that in the outside pool area which was above average.
We have already recommended this resort to family and friends, and may very well stay there again next year. We almost did not go here due to a disappointing stay in Cancun several yrs ago (Sun Palace), but am very glad we gave this area another shot. Really can't complain about anything. Everything exceeded our expectations, and the price seemed very fair for what we got in return. (Paid approx $800 per person for 3 nights) I'm sure it helped that we had good weather, and were there with great friends, but I really can not imagine anyone not having a good time here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun is a chic, ultra modern all-suite adult-only unlimited-luxury resort featuring 433 suites, over 43,000 sq ft of pool areas and expansive manicured gardens, exceptional dining options, several bars ranging from elegant to swim-up. World class spa, a fitness center and two Jacuzzis ensure that guests are pampered and indulged. We are nestled on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, 15 miles south of Cancun and only twenty minutes from the Cancun International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos