My husband and I returned from SSS a few days ago and had a great time! We were a little worried by some of what we had read but found everything to be amazing. I do agree with a few comments about being understaffed at times, but we saw several groups of people walking with management, apparently new staff members taking a tour. We ate, drank, and sunbathed our hearts out. What an amazing place! The staff here works so hard to ensure that guests get their every need met.
That being said, we were AMAZED by how demanding and rude some of the guests were when there was a little bit of a wait for ANYTHING. Note: snapping your fingers at a bartender will not get you served faster, "please's" and "thank you's" are a common courtesy, while it is an all-inclusive, tipping is greatly appreciated by the staff, and last but not least: although it's your vacation, it doesn't give you the right to be rude and demanding. We also met many people that, like us, were on vacation and were just happy to be there! The SSS staff seemed to appreciate our easy going attitudes and often seemed to go out of their way to help the people who were patient and gracious.
We really enjoyed all of the restaurants. We enjoy good food and found a few of our dishes to be the close to the best we've ever had (lamb chops, several different seafood dishes, and other dishes, too). Portions are on the small-medium size but this makes it great for sharing several dishes. I would recommend getting a drink from one of the main bars before you are seated for dinner because sometimes drink service in the restaurants can be a little slow. No biggie, just plan ahead. Also keep in mind that the waiters are taking your drink order, taking your dinner order, running both drinks AND food, clearing tables, etc. In a fine dining situation "back home," there would be a several different people to help with all of this. So needless to say, the staff works SUPER hard and does a great job handling all the details.
Yes, there are a few rough edges but if you can get a good deal, it is very worth it. We had a great time, met great people, enjoyed great food, drinks, and weather, and hope that others will enjoy SSS as much as we did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun is a chic, ultra modern all-suite adult-only unlimited-luxury resort featuring 433 suites, over 43,000 sq ft of pool areas and expansive manicured gardens, exceptional dining options, several bars ranging from elegant to swim-up. World class spa, a fitness center and two Jacuzzis ensure that guests are pampered and indulged. We are nestled on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, 15 miles south of Cancun and only twenty minutes from the Cancun International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos