This was a beautiful modern hotel that was very clean and the folks were friendly and helpful. The food was fabulous.
One drawback was that it is pretty far from any moderately sized cities. We didn't know that we should dress for dinner every evening and had not packed appropriately. It was far enough from Cancun and Playa Del Carmen that a taxi to go buy clothing would have been at least a $40 round trip. The gift store offerings are limited in selection and even further limited in size (models only!), so pack those dresses ladies! The isolation worked in our favor on several of the tours that we took, because they were cheaper on average from our location.
Also take lots of dollar bills for tips. While not required, everyone expects them, from the person that hands you a paper towel in the restroom to the concierge. You will receive better service if you tip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun is a chic, ultra modern all-suite adult-only unlimited-luxury resort featuring 433 suites, over 43,000 sq ft of pool areas and expansive manicured gardens, exceptional dining options, several bars ranging from elegant to swim-up. World class spa, a fitness center and two Jacuzzis ensure that guests are pampered and indulged. We are nestled on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, 15 miles south of Cancun and only twenty minutes from the Cancun International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos