Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun
$479
$314
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $371/night.

$303
$239
  • Breakfast included
Now Jade Riviera Cancun(Puerto Morelos)
$326
$232
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort(Puerto Morelos)
$499
$380
$339
$179
Bookit.com
Grand Residences Riviera Cancun(Puerto Morelos)
$439
HotelsClick
$612
Cancelon
11,836 results
All reviewsratatouilleveranda barel patiopreferred clubmain poolanna bananaentertainment staffjuan josesilver sandsworld caferoom servicebarracuda barseaside grillour honeymooninfinity poolother resortsocean front
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This was my husband's and I first vacation alone at this type of resort. With that being said, we wanted a lot of relaxation! The Secrets Silversands Resort was exactly what we anticipated! We took the red-eye flight from Calgary, AB direct to Cancun and arrived at 5:30 am. We knew that we would arrive at the resort around 7a.m and that our room would probably not be available yet. Our first encounter with the staff was awesome! We were checked in and shown to a hospitality room to freshen up and change. They kept our bags for us and we were free to use the resort as we pleased till the room was ready.

Our room! Wow! We prefer ground level units so we chose the Preferred Club Ocean Front Swim out. This was amazing!!! It was elegantly decorated and only steps out to the pool and beach! We were in heaven! The room was stocked daily with refreshments (whatever we wanted) and snacks. The king-size bed was incredible! It certainly wrecked our idea of getting up early! Maid service was awesome. Rosita worked so hard to make sure our room was perfect in every way! I loved the rose petals on the bed and the welcome bottle of wine! Since we wanted a lot of relaxation, we took full advantage of the pool in front of our room. We only had a few metres to walk to get a refreshment, but if we didn't, Francisco was there to make sure our hands were never empty!! He was awesome! Also, Suky did an amazing job keeping our glasses full! Oh and Axel and Lino, you guys are awesome! Thanks guys!

The food was awesome! The World Café for breakfast and lunch was phenomenal! There were so many choices we didn't know where to begin! We loved the Italian and Mexican Restaurants for dinners the best, but the others were just as top-notch! We loved the Grill by the pool! Had the best hot-dogs and nachos! We did experience room service one evening when we didn't want to go out and it was alright. The menu is select for room service, but you're not supposed to spend your time inside anyway, right?

The beach in front of our resort was very-well maintained. The grounds crew work tirelessly to make sure it is kept up to standards. This was evident as while walking down the beach every morning, we would take notice of how much nicer our beach was than any of the other resort's beaches. There is quite a bit of sea grass that grows in the water in this area so swimming wasn't great, but that did not keep us out of the bathtub warm waters!

The spa was incredible! We really enjoyed the Hydrotherapy Circuit and I indulged in the 50min massage. We were able to enjoy the outside pool area with the multiple jets and warm waters. Heaven!

The pool areas were gorgeous! The main pool was busier later in the morning as the bars open at 10a.m. There were many activities you could partake in if you wanted. We kept to our pool most of the time and enjoyed the band that would play almost everyday and the bar that was merely steps from our room!

The entertainment was good! We enjoyed the Rock Show and the Mexican Buffet and show. That was a lot of fun! There were many choices for excursions, but that was not on our list this time. What we received at this resort is exactly what we wanted. Amazing service, (I can't say enough about the staff) amazing food, amazing drinks, amazing sun, and an amazing room!

Thank you Secrets Silversands for making this one of the most memorable vacations for us. We will be back!

Paul and Carrie Goodman

Room Tip: Swim out is prime!! Ocean front recommended as it is quieter and receives the sunshine all day long.
6  Thank Goodman5
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This was our first Secrets and the Silversands was simply the best. There are only positives. The resort was fresh and clean and modern. The staff were amazing, always with a smile and polite. They were engaging in every way. The food was the best we have experienced. We stayed at a swim up and were very happy with the location. Our room was farthest from the main pool (keeping in mind, farthest means a minute or two) but the most serene. It was fun to spend time at the main pool area and equally nice to go to our swim up and enjoy the last hours of sun before dinner. We will return and we will highly recommend it to our friends.

1  Thank kjmorin
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My boyfriend and I just came back from our stay at Secrets Silversands. It is a beautiful hotel but not without some minor flaws. Overall though, we had a great stay.

The pros:
The staff - the AMAZING staff - is super friendly and attentive, right down to their entertainment team. The entire entertainment team actually made the effort to remember our names, which must be rough when so many visitors coming through the place, but they did it. Even at check-in, our customer service rep Jessica fought for our ocean view room (with our other friends who were checking in) and won. Our poolside waitress Monica was always there checking in on our beverages.

The food was excellent, way better than the last all inclusive I stayed at. Their breakfast buffet spread was amazing and offered fresh blended smoothies as well. The best part was the carjeta (caramel) that was available every day. I'm not a big fan of hibachi grills but the one here was actually decent - they should offer an all steak meal cuz that was the best. Our most memorable meal though had to be the special seafood grill we'd arranged at their poolside restaurant. It was an extra charge but it was so fresh.

The ample pools - you never feel cramped or that you're fighting for a seat in the shade here. The resort never felt crowded.

They had entertainment every single night we were there, from live bands to nightly shows. The live bands were the best and knew popular songs as well as oldies. Their best show was definitely the impersonators, we felt like we were at a concert.

The person in charge of beverages at the resort found out we requested for Rumchata, but was not able to acquire it. So he worked with my friend and I to figure out a recipe and replicated it!

The Cons:
Nobody's perfect but these definitely didn't alter our view of the place. It's just some notes on what they need to amend, which I did leave on their comments section at check out.

The cleaning people knocked on our door at 8 a.m. There were definitely a few days where I wanted to sleep in and was interrupted by the knock. We should've put the do not disturb sign up but we forgot a couple of times. 10 a.m. would've been a lot better.

Some of the sheets/pillows smelled funky. Honestly, it smelled like b.o. This distinct odor was on our phone as well. I took a wash cloth with some shampoo and tried to wipe down the phone but it barely helped. By our 2nd night, I think they'd changed the linens and some of them were fine, but I still wound up throwing some pillows far away from me cuz the stench was keeping me awake.

There's also a lot of humidity in the rooms, so much that our clothes were damp when we were packing them away to go home. A note to future travelers, keep your clean clothes in your suitcase if possible to keep them dry. I guess that's something the hotel can't really control but I don't remember our last Cancun resort having this issue.

The beer selection was also a bit lacking but not a huge deal breaker.

Overall though, it was a fantastic and memorable trip. The wonderful staff was definitely what made our trip though.

3  Thank jvt222
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My husband and I visited this resort in December 2013. We arrived very early (around 9am) and while our room wasn't ready yet we were able to go have breakfast and work out while we waited. The staff is extraordinary! They go above and beyond to make your stay luxurious. We spent a lot of time sitting near the pool, and our pool waitress, Suki, took such good care of us! Near the pool there is a great bar that serves burgers, fries, etc. for lunch. The pool bar is lots of fun...nothing quite like sitting on stools in the pool and enjoying a margarita. Our breakfast waiter, Neri, was so friendly and always made sure I had a Mimosa with a cherry in it as soon as we sat down. My husband appreciated Aremi who made smoothies for him every morning. The food was excellent in all the restaurants we tried. The French onion soup in the French restaurant was the best I've ever had! One night they had a "Casino Night," and we had tons of fun playing Blackjack. Our room was modern, spacious, and beautiful. One caution - the stairs and hallways are marble and can be slippery when wet. It was a wonderfully relaxing time, and we have already booked a week for our anniversary in July! I am counting the days until we are back in paradise!

Room Tip: We had originally reserved a pool view, but when we saw the view from our room we decided to upgrade to partial ocean view which was much better. They were very helpful in letting us choose a different room with a view we loved. I would recommend reserving partial ocean or ocean view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kim G
Reviewed April 2, 2014

we stayed at this resort for 5 days with friends our view looked over a side pool which was fine. the resort is smaller which makes it easier to get around. the beach was ok there was alot of reef that washed up but they worked very hard to keep it clean. we loved the mexican restaurant and italian. there is no evening buffet so if you want to eat you have to dress up or grab a a hamburger before they close down for the day. the birds are horrible at the hamburger shack i had a bird litterly take an entire hot dog in a bun off my plate while i was getting my drink that didnt bother us they have to eat too:) the ocean was a beautiful blue with white sand and plenty of chairs to sit by the ocean. oh there is an elevator so if your on the second floor no worries. some of us smoke that was permitted all over except inside areas and not in your room but the balconies are fine

Room Tip: really your not in your room that much so i wouldnt spend the money the money for upgraded ocean view unless you choose too
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends