My boyfriend and I just came back from our stay at Secrets Silversands. It is a beautiful hotel but not without some minor flaws. Overall though, we had a great stay.
The staff - the AMAZING staff - is super friendly and attentive, right down to their entertainment team. The entire entertainment team actually made the effort to remember our names, which must be rough when so many visitors coming through the place, but they did it. Even at check-in, our customer service rep Jessica fought for our ocean view room (with our other friends who were checking in) and won. Our poolside waitress Monica was always there checking in on our beverages.
The food was excellent, way better than the last all inclusive I stayed at. Their breakfast buffet spread was amazing and offered fresh blended smoothies as well. The best part was the carjeta (caramel) that was available every day. I'm not a big fan of hibachi grills but the one here was actually decent - they should offer an all steak meal cuz that was the best. Our most memorable meal though had to be the special seafood grill we'd arranged at their poolside restaurant. It was an extra charge but it was so fresh.
The ample pools - you never feel cramped or that you're fighting for a seat in the shade here. The resort never felt crowded.
They had entertainment every single night we were there, from live bands to nightly shows. The live bands were the best and knew popular songs as well as oldies. Their best show was definitely the impersonators, we felt like we were at a concert.
The person in charge of beverages at the resort found out we requested for Rumchata, but was not able to acquire it. So he worked with my friend and I to figure out a recipe and replicated it!
Nobody's perfect but these definitely didn't alter our view of the place. It's just some notes on what they need to amend, which I did leave on their comments section at check out.
The cleaning people knocked on our door at 8 a.m. There were definitely a few days where I wanted to sleep in and was interrupted by the knock. We should've put the do not disturb sign up but we forgot a couple of times. 10 a.m. would've been a lot better.
Some of the sheets/pillows smelled funky. Honestly, it smelled like b.o. This distinct odor was on our phone as well. I took a wash cloth with some shampoo and tried to wipe down the phone but it barely helped. By our 2nd night, I think they'd changed the linens and some of them were fine, but I still wound up throwing some pillows far away from me cuz the stench was keeping me awake.
There's also a lot of humidity in the rooms, so much that our clothes were damp when we were packing them away to go home. A note to future travelers, keep your clean clothes in your suitcase if possible to keep them dry. I guess that's something the hotel can't really control but I don't remember our last Cancun resort having this issue.
The beer selection was also a bit lacking but not a huge deal breaker.
Overall though, it was a fantastic and memorable trip. The wonderful staff was definitely what made our trip though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun is a chic, ultra modern all-suite adult-only unlimited-luxury resort featuring 433 suites, over 43,000 sq ft of pool areas and expansive manicured gardens, exceptional dining options, several bars ranging from elegant to swim-up. World class spa, a fitness center and two Jacuzzis ensure that guests are pampered and indulged. We are nestled on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, 15 miles south of Cancun and only twenty minutes from the Cancun International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos